Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(was) Malky Mackay (now just cafc / cpfc squabbling)

Comments

• Options

pretty big embrace there!

Yes that one is much better. Thanks.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

Not so sure that Tan is the hero here either.

He went after MM and Moody, took a legal case about transfer dealings while at Cardiff which gave him access to documents and computers and while doing that unearthed these emails. Quite rightly he reported that to the FA but there is no suggestion that he knew about these emails or that these two held those views when he sacked them.

If he did know about them at the time then he could and should have said so at the time of MM being sacked. The fact that they were found in a search afterwards suggests he didn't know but we don't know the exact timescales.

IMHO he was trying to get the pair for dodgy transfer dealings ie paying too much or taking bungs but the sweep turned up something different but also damaging.

According to SSN the dossier was given to the FA last week.

Perhaps that was to scuttle MM's prospects at Palace and at the same time unseat Moody but Palace and Cardiff aren't exactly best friends in any case after the "leaked" team line up.

But it could just be a coincidence.

Still it could have been worse. The Palace chairman could have said ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."
    It could be worse than that. A group of your teams supporters could be arrested and convicted of singing songs celebrating the death of Steven Lawrence.

Glass houses and stones, Henry.
    Oh look, the palace fan has returned.

Big and significant difference that you have obviously ignored or maybe were not been able to grasp with you palace like brain is that Noades and Moody were OFFICIALS of your club, representing your club, leaders of your club.

While those fans were arrested with active cooperation from Charlton Athletic but you carry on desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own short comings.
    I am not 'desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own shortcomings' as you put it. I was highlighting the hypocrisy of your ill thoughtful and pathetic attempt at one upmanship. You were saying 'Palace racist - Charlton not'. This isn't the case, is it?

Firstly, it appears that Moody made those texts and emails whilst an employee of Cardiff City, not Palace, as they were made to Malky Mackay, who has never been an employee of Palace.

Secondly, I will never defend Ron (RIP) for those offensive comments. How can I? They were offensive and degrading.

Thirdly, we are all ambassadors of our clubs, whether officials, players or fans. We all have to behave in a manner in which befits this. I treat away grounds with respect. I treat most away fans with respect, except for embittered, self righteous no heads like you, who have a major superiority complex and a blind spot towards the disgusting antics a portion of your own kind have been convicted of.

So please tell me, Mr ex-board fans director, how, as you imply in your response, is the singing of songs celebrating the death of Stephen Lawrence more acceptable than anything Ron and Moody did or are accused of doing?

All clubs have a moron element of supporters. I am sure Palace have fans who hold and vocalise racist views. To me, it is not something that should be used as a reason for one upmanship.

The fact that you are shit and will be shit for years, yes, that is reason for one upmanship.
    Those scumbag fans you are referring were eradicated from our club years ago and rightly so. Whereas the racist scumbags were still helping run yours until this morning.

Palace are a shit two bob club and always will be.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

He went after MM and Moody, took a legal case about transfer dealings while at Cardiff which gave him access to documents and computers and while doing that unearthed these emails. Quite rightly he reported that to the FA but there is no suggestion that he knew about these emails or that these two held those views when he sacked them.

If he did know about them at the time then he could and should have said so at the time of MM being sacked. The fact that they were found in a search afterwards suggests he didn't know but we don't know the exact timescales.

IMHO he was trying to get the pair for dodgy transfer dealings ie paying too much or taking bungs but the sweep turned up something different but also damaging.

Perhaps that was to scuttle MM's prospects at Palace and at the same time unseat Moody but Palace and Cardiff aren't exactly best friends in any case after the "leaked" team line up.

Still it could have been worse. The Palace chairman could have said ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."
    It could be worse than that. A group of your teams supporters could be arrested and convicted of singing songs celebrating the death of Steven Lawrence.

Big and significant difference that you have obviously ignored or maybe were not been able to grasp with you palace like brain is that Noades and Moody were OFFICIALS of your club, representing your club, leaders of your club.

While those fans were arrested with active cooperation from Charlton Athletic but you carry on desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own short comings.
    I am not 'desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own shortcomings' as you put it. I was highlighting the hypocrisy of your ill thoughtful and pathetic attempt at one upmanship. You were saying 'Palace racist - Charlton not'. This isn't the case, is it?

Firstly, it appears that Moody made those texts and emails whilst an employee of Cardiff City, not Palace, as they were made to Malky Mackay, who has never been an employee of Palace.

Secondly, I will never defend Ron (RIP) for those offensive comments. How can I? They were offensive and degrading.

Thirdly, we are all ambassadors of our clubs, whether officials, players or fans. We all have to behave in a manner in which befits this. I treat away grounds with respect. I treat most away fans with respect, except for embittered, self righteous no heads like you, who have a major superiority complex and a blind spot towards the disgusting antics a portion of your own kind have been convicted of.

So please tell me, Mr ex-board fans director, how, as you imply in your response, is the singing of songs celebrating the death of Stephen Lawrence more acceptable than anything Ron and Moody did or are accused of doing?

All clubs have a moron element of supporters. I am sure Palace have fans who hold and vocalise racist views. To me, it is not something that should be used as a reason for one upmanship.

The fact that you are shit and will be shit for years, yes, that is reason for one upmanship.

Oh dear.
  • Options

seth plum said:

This^^

Oh dear.
    The above speaks volumes. As you don't want to answer the questions put to you (most reasonable, bar the last paragraph which is a piss take), one can only assume you cannot defend your ill thoughtout comments made previously.

Shame. I thought better of you.
  • Options
    Nigel, bore off.
  • Options
    Must be the school holidays
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

All racism is abhorrent - whether it be a Charlton fan, a Palarse fan or a Cardiff City manager.

This incident has nothing to do with Palarse - it is two individuals who have been exposed as racists. So in that context I would accept @mat_himself points on the 'people who live in glass houses etc...'

That said, I want to make it perfectly clear that I believe Palarse to be a tin-pot shit hole of a club :)

Amen to this. Opposition to racism is surely something that we should unite over?

Except your last paragraph.

And I would like to make it clear that I view Charlton Athletic Football Club as 'shit' and will 'always be shit', regardless of whether they are a feeder club or not.
  • Options
    matt_himself how much will a proper football ground cost you? Has Mr Parrish got the dosh together yet? Will he save managers wages by getting Mark Goldberg in?
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

seth plum said:

Afternoon Nigel.
    Afternoon 'Member'. How apt.
    you do realise it says member after your name too....
  • Options

seth plum said:

This^^

Those scumbag fans you are referring were eradicated from our club years ago and rightly so. Whereas the racist scumbags were still helping run yours until this morning.

Palace are a shit two bob club and always will be.
    However, I take comfort that we are not a feeder club for a 'giant' [sic] of European football, wearing a nice Nike off the shelf number kit, playing in front of a haemorrhaging support, the remaining crowd losing connection with the reasons of what made my club special and also not having had much in the way of fun recently.
    Oh dear Matt (by) Himself, it must be so tough supporting The Nigels that you have to try to big yourself up by coming on here and having a pop at the proper football club that sent you down!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

All racism is abhorrent - whether it be a Charlton fan, a Palarse fan or a Cardiff City manager.

This incident has nothing to do with Palarse - it is two individuals who have been exposed as racists. So in that context I would accept @mat_himself points on the 'people who live in glass houses etc...'

That said, I want to make it perfectly clear that I believe Palarse to be a tin-pot shit hole of a club :)

Amen to this. Opposition to racism is surely something that we should unite over?

And I would like to make it clear that I view Charlton Athletic Football Club as 'shit' and will 'always be shit', regardless of whether they are a feeder club or not.
    Thanks for going to all the effort to sign up to another teams forum to tell us that......................i hope you feel better about your obviously fantastic and busy life your living.

Oh and to an earlier point a Palace fan worrying about our heritage, the irony, maybe when your club actually gets some you can lecture us.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

My last paragraph most definitely stands and the reference to agreeing with you on one point (and one point alone) is the only accommodation you would ever get from me.

Now f**k off you spotty faced Nigel!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

RedChaser said:

seth plum said:

Afternoon Nigel.
    Afternoon 'Member'. How apt.
    you do realise it says member after your name too....
    That did make me laugh. Bravo.
  • Options
    millwall on, now palace... we must be doing well....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

matt_himself how much will a proper football ground cost you? Has Mr Parrish got the dosh together yet? Will he save managers wages by getting Mark Goldberg in?

Hello Plums.

We have, even if we get relegated this year, GBP 200m plus. Now your Lego ground, with all its faults (of which there are many), didn't even cost a tenth of that. So you tell me.

On another note, what is it like to be a feeder club? Fun? How does it feel to be part of a haemorrhaging support? Is the Valley Express still going? How is Henry's 'Project 40,000' going? Oh, Charlton, so proud and yet you appear to be wearing no knickers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Hello Plums.

We have, even if we get relegated this year, GBP 200m plus. Now your Lego ground, with all its faults (of which there are many), didn't even cost a tenth of that. So you tell me.

On another note, what is it like to be a feeder club? Fun? How does it feel to be part of a haemorrhaging support? Is the Valley Express still going? How is Henry's 'Project 40,000' going? Oh, Charlton, so proud and yet you appear to be wearing no knickers.
    Still bashing up women and children?
    I have said before, I don't condone or defend the moron element of Palace support. Each club has it, just be human enough to accept it.

So, you answer the above or not?
  • Options
    I'm confused, who are we a feeder club for?
  • Options
    @matt_himself You're comments about our club and our ground actually do not hurt us one little bit, obviously one of your intentions was to come on here and start winding us up but as people have mentioned, times are again changing and Palace do not have very long left in the prem at all. If i were you i would genuinely be concerned about the welfare of your club, not a nice feeling is it? So I would kindly advise you to stop your sly and pathetic digs at our club and worry yourself with your own clubs troubles, and my oh my are there a lot of them. Frankly, Charlton are actually going places again and with every insult you throw at us, we are just going to laugh at you even more, everybody is laughing at all your snidey remarks about Charlton, you can keep going until your hearts conent but you are only going to be amusing us more, and reminding us what sad little men Shithurst is filled with.
  • Options

I'll stand on my club's record as the first to introduce anti-racist Red, White and Black days (before even Kick it Out existed) and the on-going work on social exclusion done down the years by our international award winning Community Trust. Our Club has racist fans, like every club but the Club is actively anti-racist and was long before it was "fashionable" (around the same sort of time that Mr Noades was still the much lauded Chairman of the Glaziers IIRC) .

You have to laugh at the Glazier when he tries to sound like Mr Reasonable but just can't keep it all the way through a post and slips back into "you're shit". Oh dear indeed.

Now it is back to the normal "Feeder club", "you'll be shit for years" jibes. You have a shock coming Matt ov CPFC, the wheel is turning and the natural order of things in South London ie Charlton on top, you and Millwall below is about to return. Might take 2 or 3 years but patience is a virtue.

Interesting that you won't directly respond to the points I have made bout your ill conceived points in your original post.

So, I will ask again, in a condensed manner, should the apparent racism of elements people associated with your club be used as a reason for one upmanship, or should we unite against racism of all forms?

Awaiting...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    And how is the 'Red Faction', your chavvy, sub imitation of the HF doing?

Imitation is the best form of flattery, you know.