Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conspiracy theories

Comments

• Options
    Until someone can convince me building 7 wasn't demolished by explosives I will continue to believe there is some sort of conspiracy involved.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

As an aviation geek, I still don't think a plane hit the Pentagon...

There are SO many eyewitness accounts of it though, they're just not shown in the 9/11 conspiracy theory videos. I know someone whose mom was across from the Pentagon that day and watched a plane fly into it.

Absolutely, the flight path on radar is insane and it's something I've never really seen a good explanation as to how a 757 could do that. And the damage pattern is strange. But that plane flew so low for so long that a lot of people saw it.
    9/11 Conspiracy videos are cringe worthy aren't they? The thing with the Pentagon is that there's no videos or photos of the aircraft...especially from a building that probably has more CCTV cameras than an average town! I've never seen a photograph of the wings which is what bugs me about it, considering the wingspan of a 757 is wider than the damage to the building
    Oh so many are so cringeworthy. And I say this as someone who has watched them for probably 15 years. As Nick points out, the logistics of a cover up for 9/11 would be incredibly difficult.

I actually have my own theory on the Pentagon thing, which probably isn't true but whatever. I think there may be anti-aircraft missile(s) that were deployed, which is why the plane went into the building and caused such a narrow path of destruction. I have no proof for this whatsoever other than the damage path, and also the fact that the Pentagon for years was rumored to have some sort of missile defense system. The resulting cover up and lack of security footage would be because the Government does not want to make that defense system public knowledge.

Again, super shaky, probably dispelled somewhere, just something I've always wondered about.
    My question to this would be, why hide them? Deterrents like this are better visible so no one 'tries it' in the first place.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

There are SO many eyewitness accounts of it though, they're just not shown in the 9/11 conspiracy theory videos. I know someone whose mom was across from the Pentagon that day and watched a plane fly into it.

Absolutely, the flight path on radar is insane and it's something I've never really seen a good explanation as to how a 757 could do that. And the damage pattern is strange. But that plane flew so low for so long that a lot of people saw it.
    9/11 Conspiracy videos are cringe worthy aren't they? The thing with the Pentagon is that there's no videos or photos of the aircraft...especially from a building that probably has more CCTV cameras than an average town! I've never seen a photograph of the wings which is what bugs me about it, considering the wingspan of a 757 is wider than the damage to the building
    Where did the plane remains go? How was it so low when it impact occurred. Why was it a perfect square damage to the Pentagon wall?

I do not doubt the towers, the evidence is there for all to see - Planes hit them at hundreds of miles per hour and they fell after fires spread and structural damage occurred that was relative (depending on who was asked) to being struck by a plane.

This video for me covered why the steels were affected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA
  • Options
    If you're looking for hidden agendas, wrong doing and cover ups then look no further then the British & American government.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    If you've ever been in a tower that used the same construction methods as the twin towers it's very easy to believe that they would easily collapse when hit by a plan and then having thousands of litres of aviation fuel merrily burning away.

I've been an a similar (though much shorter) tower and it's a disconcerting feeling. Every time somebody walked past the cubical I was working in I could feel the floor flexing.

Basically there's a central concrete tower that has lifts, services in , then an outer shell, and between the two are disturbingly thin trusses that hold up the floors. I'm sure they're structurally efficient, but being so thin they flex and they're susceptible to fire.

As a fire safety engineer said in the video linked below, never trust a truss.
    http://www.debunking911.com/collapse.htm
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

SDAddick said:

Where did the plane remains go? How was it so low when it impact occurred. Why was it a perfect square damage to the Pentagon wall?

I do not doubt the towers, the evidence is there for all to see - Planes hit them at hundreds of miles per hour and they fell after fires spread and structural damage occurred that was relative (depending on who was asked) to being struck by a plane.

Nice and simple and easy to understand, even for your average truther. But if people don't want to believe they will always look for a bigger story, one that isn't there. As if the real facts are not a big enough story in the first place.

You don't even need to get steel remotely as hot as the video shows for it to lose most of its properties.
    That's the reason jet engines are made from exotic alloys and even then they also lose they lose a great deal of their properties long before they glow red, not orange or white.
  • Options

Until someone can convince me building 7 wasn't demolished by explosives I will continue to believe there is some sort of conspiracy involved.

http://www.debunking911.com/pull.htm
  • Options
    9/11 is infamous and rightly so.

At 8 o'clock the next morning a Muslim doorman where I was working said the Pentagon was an American inside job !

Didn't hear the British Muslim's comments on other planes but people believe their own narrative and what fits in and dovetails with their own take on world affairs.
    ( I do find conspiracy theories interesting if at times outlandish in some cases )

Even after 16 years since 9/11 it is still hard to grasp that 20 or so men armed with Pen knifes and basic flight training (chillingly not how to land) brought the USA to its knees, and pierced the American psyche.
  • Options
    Getting promoted out of league 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite enjoy reading the debunking stories and seeing the videos.

At the end of the day these are just theories.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dazzler21 said:
    You can disprove the earth being flat just by measuring the length of the shadow cast by any tall object. Or if you want something more spectacular, spend a few hundred quid on a large balloon, a tank of helium and a go-pro.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

SDAddick said:

Nice and simple and easy to understand, even for your average truther. But if people don't want to believe they will always look for a bigger story, one that isn't there. As if the real facts are not a big enough story in the first place.

You don't even need to get steel remotely as hot as the video shows for it to lose most of its properties.
    That's the reason jet engines are made from exotic alloys and even then they also lose they lose a great deal of their properties long before they glow red, not orange or white.
    That plane “footage” is great. Any newbie pilot would be proud as punch to have pretty much executed a near perfect landing slightly out of shot and then basically driven into the building with no bounce or yaw or whatever.
  • Options
    There are some (very few) of these theories that turn out to be true, Pizzagate, Hillsborough etc. There are coverups.

In America they're obsessed with these things, the second amendment is there to protect themselves against the government (wish I was kidding) so are constantly questioning everything the government does, this is partially a reason for Trump beating Clinton in the last election, he's not part of the establishment can't be bought etc.
  • Options

7 billion people on the planet completely in the dark about one of the most famous incidents in world history, but some virgin cunt in his pants connected to his mums wifi knows all about it.

Embarrassing.

Im pretty thick skinned but 'conspiracy theories', especially 9/11, really annoy me.

Driesen isn't a conspiracy theory, he's a key part of our scouting network.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Oh so many are so cringeworthy. And I say this as someone who has watched them for probably 15 years. As Nick points out, the logistics of a cover up for 9/11 would be incredibly difficult.

I actually have my own theory on the Pentagon thing, which probably isn't true but whatever. I think there may be anti-aircraft missile(s) that were deployed, which is why the plane went into the building and caused such a narrow path of destruction. I have no proof for this whatsoever other than the damage path, and also the fact that the Pentagon for years was rumored to have some sort of missile defense system. The resulting cover up and lack of security footage would be because the Government does not want to make that defense system public knowledge.

Again, super shaky, probably dispelled somewhere, just something I've always wondered about.
    My question to this would be, why hide them? Deterrents like this are better visible so no one 'tries it' in the first place.
    So again, this is not something well flushed our, just something I've long wondered about. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 there were a lot of unknowns, including would it happen again. So I can see a line of thinking, not even that illogical or far fetched, in which the Government/Pentagon didn't want to let any of their defenses or defensive procedures known. To me, that makes more sense than the mechanics of the whole thing, how such a defense system would be deployed and why it would be deployed with an aircraft so close to the building.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    i am convinced Simon Jordan and Roland are the same person
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

7 billion people on the planet completely in the dark about one of the most famous incidents in world history, but some virgin cunt in his pants connected to his mums wifi knows all about it.

Embarrassing.

Im pretty thick skinned but 'conspiracy theories', especially 9/11, really annoy me.

There are certainly *those* people (let's call them Alex Jones), but there are also very serious people, engineers, architects, pilots, firefighters, people in the towers that day that look at what happened and think something doesn't add up. They don't do that to exploit 2,900 deaths, I think they do it because they want to better understand why those deaths occurred, and they use their tools and skills to try to do so. That doesn't make them white knights or impeccable people, just human beings.

Now, I don't particularly agree with those people, but to cast them all as virgins in their parents basement and other ad hominem attacks, cheapens the entire conversation.
    FBI said that they never found the black boxes from the twin towers. Eye-witness who was there for 3 months doing the clearing up process said he saw one & saw them take it away.

A flight expert has said that not to find 2 black boxes is unheard of.

Not saying that it was a conspiracy, but some things just don't add up.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:
    The best bit about the flat earther's is that they recently had a convention & embraced the fact by welcoming their followers "from around the globe" !!

The irony stupidity
    Fixed it!
  • Options

9/11 is infamous and rightly so.

At 8 o'clock the next morning a Muslim doorman where I was working said the Pentagon was an American inside job !

Didn't hear the British Muslim's comments on other planes but people believe their own narrative and what fits in and dovetails with their own take on world affairs.
    ( I do find conspiracy theories interesting if at times outlandish in some cases )

Even after 16 years since 9/11 it is still hard to grasp that 20 or so men armed with Pen knifes and basic flight training (chillingly not how to land) brought the USA to its knees, and pierced the American psyche.

Don't forget that they also "knew" how to disconnect the transponder to prevent anyone tracking the planes.
    Not for me, something's not right about the whole 9/11 story.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Embarrassing.

There are certainly *those* people (let's call them Alex Jones), but there are also very serious people, engineers, architects, pilots, firefighters, people in the towers that day that look at what happened and think something doesn't add up. They don't do that to exploit 2,900 deaths, I think they do it because they want to better understand why those deaths occurred, and they use their tools and skills to try to do so. That doesn't make them white knights or impeccable people, just human beings.

Now, I don't particularly agree with those people, but to cast them all as virgins in their parents basement and other ad hominem attacks, cheapens the entire conversation.
    FBI said that they never found the black boxes from the twin towers. Eye-witness who was there for 3 months doing the clearing up process said he saw one & saw them take it away.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/02/13/why-wasnt-one-single-black-box-recovered-from-any-of-the-crashes-on-911/#e285f4e1be3b
  • Options

Embarrassing.

People are entitled to have their opinion that things don't add up. Of course, you are quite right that people saying they know what happened is ridiculous and can be frustrating.

The biggest problem with conspiracy theories is that it can go to far and people start doubting everything.

But of course not everything is what it seems and I find some of them quite exciting/interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

SDAddick said:

Embarrassing.

I know I promise you I have seen, read, and heard all of the best arguments and some of the shitty ones.

There are definitely things that, in isolation, are strange if not suspicious. But none of those things, for me, overturn larger macro factors:
    1) What is the control in a scientific experimentation sense? So that is true of things like not finding black boxes and the buildings falling down. What other event do you have in which a 757 and 777 (I think) hit two skyscrapers? I know the comparison with a Madrid building fire is made a lot, but it wasn't hit by two jumbo jets almost entirely full of fuel, it was hit by a small private plane. It's the same for black boxes, when do you have an event where planes hit huge buildings that then collapse? I don't think there is any precedent for that, and as such, I don't think you can reliably say with full confidence "this is what should have happened."

2) Nobody has confessed. 16+ years out and not one person has come forward seriously alleging to have been a part of a conspiracy before the fact or cover-up after the fact. I try really hard not to compare these two events, but by a similar stage in the Kennedy assassination you had an incredible number of confessions by a broad array of people to a number of roles in that conspiracy, too many confessions if anything. And that's before you get into the number of dead witnesses or persons of interest. And for 9/11, something that would have required a lot of planning and coordination, there's been nothing.

3) Logistics and manpower. I absolutely believe there are people that were in, and probably some who are still in, the United States Government who would be willing to sacrifice the lives of innocent Americans for what they would consider a larger purpose, ie a clash of civilizations with Islamist terrorists and Islam itself. That fact is borne out by the Iraq war.

But I don't think there are enough people with the right skill sets and in just the right positions of power to carry out such a broad sweeping operation. You're talking about demolition experts, aviation experts, the ability to fly planes remotely and/or the ability to have the original planes land (3-4 planes land somewhere without anyone noticing), bring down buildings remotely, do something at the Pentagon, shoot down a plane in Shanksville, etc. And then, as mentioned above, none of those people ever say anything. Even believing that the cover up after the fact could have been carried out by the same group, along with people who were unwittingly a part of a cover-up, I still think the logistics are just too difficult.

Again, that's not to say that there weren't strange things. Building 7 going down the way it did is weird. Mohammed Atta's ID coming out of his pocket and landing on the street is weird (though it also happened with some passengers). The damage in Shanksville, or rather the lack thereof, is quite weird because that is an instance where we do have a "control" with airplanes smashing into the ground. But nothing in that overturns the larger issues for me.
  • Options
    It is never a bad thing to question everything in my eyes. That doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions, but where there are questions answers should be demanded. What worries me is that people are ridiculed and intimidated into not asking questions. I doesn't help either when you have people like David Icke telling everybody we are being controlled by lizards. It pigeon holes everybody who wants to ask questions into the crank category. This is helpful to those who may have something to hide.

If you are going to challenge the conventional wisdom, you also have to be open the fact that more times than not, the conventional wisdom is going to be right.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Heaven - The biggest and possibly the longest conspiracy of all time. That you go someplace when you die. Made up and evolved over millennia. To soften the fear that one day you and your loved ones will die.

Isnt there a difference between a conspracy and a fairy tale ?