Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conspiracy theories

Comments

• Options
    To those of you that haven’t seen the C4 documentary on Kennedy I urge you to do so and then say that it’s complete tosh. We’ll never know of course but I think the JFK thing now transcends conspiracy.
    LHO killed JFK, firing from the Texas school book depository. Any other theory is tosh. 
    Always good to keep an open mind.
  • Options
    To those of you that haven’t seen the C4 documentary on Kennedy I urge you to do so and then say that it’s complete tosh. We’ll never know of course but I think the JFK thing now transcends conspiracy.
    LHO killed JFK, firing from the Texas school book depository. Any other theory is tosh. 
    No need for an open mind on this - it's a closed case unless you are a conspiracy theorist.

Do you believe I should have an open mind about the covid jab being used by Bill Gates to control the masses? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    No need for an open mind on this - it's a closed case unless you are a conspiracy theorist.

Do you believe I should have an open mind about the covid jab being used by Bill Gates to control the masses? 
    No not in the slightest but some conspiracies don’t stack up because of overwhelming evidence or lack of it whereas others like the JFK one have quite a lot of circumstantial evidence and some credibility based on the facts as we know them. That’s all. I totally accept we’ll never know but I don’t think you have to be a conspiracy theorist to doubt that the JFK assassination doesn’t tell us everything. Next time I fancy fish and chips I’ll ask this bloke called Elvis who works there. As I said earlier watch the documentary. It’s not suggesting anything but lays out a lot of things regarding Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Of all the contemporary conspiracy theories surely JFK’s has the most metaphorical smoke. 
    There’s a lot of compelling evidence suggesting LHO couldn’t have gotten all those shots off from the depository window. 
    It’s also proper tricky as everybody over seven in the crowd on the street below waving a US flag also had a hidden, licensed and perfectly legal, Uzi 9mm for personal use tucked down the back of their ‘pants’….
  • Options
    10 Downing Street is secretly controlled by 'the movement', a shadowy cabal figure-headed by Michael Gove, Dominic Cummings and Dougie Smith but led by a mysterious, frightening individual nicknamed Dr No. “He is paid by Central Office, has a pass to No 10 and, some say, Rishi Sunak doesn’t move without first seeking his advice. And yet people can spend years working in No 10 and never hear his name mentioned. Dr No was once on remand in prison for alleged arson. When a girlfriend ended their relationship, it is rumoured that he had her little brother’s pet rabbit chopped into four and nailed to the front door of the family home to greet him when he got home from school, in true Mafia style.”
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I was into conspiracies but in my opinion, having read many books / watched many documentaries on the subject, Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone. Who else knew or was involved I really don't know, but I'm convinced the fatal shot did not come from the School Book Depository - which means someone other than LHO was also involved.
  • Options
    So if your cat drags in a poor slaughtered bird you have to dissect it to find the mechanism.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

I watched the Channel 4 documentary called Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia a couple of nights ago and wondered what others thought. I don’t buy into conspiracy theory and all the usual ones are basically ridiculous but I’ve always thought that the JFK assassination left us without knowing the truth. The loan gunman seems highly improbable. What I heard and saw during the excellent documentary completely confirms to me that Kennedy was bumped off by at the very least The Mafia and quite possibly with the assistance of the CIA and or FBI. Be interested in your opinions. 
    The more people are involved in a conspiracy, the more likely it is for the truth to have come out.
    They have to be living to spill the beans. Many witnesses have mysteriously died post JFK death. Starting with Oswald's killer, Jack Ruby.  
    Not witnesses. The many people involved in the conspiracy. If there was a conspiracy someone involved in it would have sold their story by now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't say I was into conspiracies but in my opinion, having read many books / watched many documentaries on the subject, Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone. Who else knew or was involved I really don't know, but I'm convinced the fatal shot did not come from the School Book Depository - which means someone other than LHO was also involved.
    The best documentary was the one that scientifically  disproved ALL of the major conspiracies about JFK, one after the other. This was a few years ago. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Birds aren't real:

Birds Aren't Real is a conspiracy theory which posits that birds are actually drones operated by the United States government to spy on American citizens.

The movement claims that all birds in the United States were exterminated by the federal government between 1959 and 1971 and replaced by lookalike drones used by the government to spy on citizens; the specifics of these theories are not always consistent, not unlike actual conspiracy theories. They claim that birds sit on power lines to recharge themselves, that birds poop on cars as a tracking method, and that U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated by the government due to his reluctance to kill all the birds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VEkzweBJPM&ab_channel=TED
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

I watched the Channel 4 documentary called Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia a couple of nights ago and wondered what others thought. I don’t buy into conspiracy theory and all the usual ones are basically ridiculous but I’ve always thought that the JFK assassination left us without knowing the truth. The loan gunman seems highly improbable. What I heard and saw during the excellent documentary completely confirms to me that Kennedy was bumped off by at the very least The Mafia and quite possibly with the assistance of the CIA and or FBI. Be interested in your opinions. 
    The more people are involved in a conspiracy, the more likely it is for the truth to have come out.
    They have to be living to spill the beans. Many witnesses have mysteriously died post JFK death. Starting with Oswald's killer, Jack Ruby.  
    Not witnesses. The many people involved in the conspiracy. If there was a conspiracy someone involved in it would have sold their story by now. 
    Well that’s my standard position on all conspiracies but, if the assassination did involve the Mafia which to me given the circumstances around the time then I’m not so sure that there would be anyone much left to sell their story. First rule of assassination is assassinate the assassin. (Jack Ruby). As for the CIA and or FBI. It would perhaps only be a handful in the know and working with the mob. Also not a good look to confess to involvement in the killing of the POTUS. I’m not saying it’s one thing or the other but LHO acting alone and achieving what he did with that rifle from that position is remarkable. Like @golfaddick I think he had significant assistance. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Well that’s my standard position on all conspiracies but, if the assassination did involve the Mafia which to me given the circumstances around the time then I’m not so sure that there would be anyone much left to sell their story. First rule of assassination is assassinate the assassin. (Jack Ruby). As for the CIA and or FBI. It would perhaps only be a handful in the know and working with the mob. Also not a good look to confess to involvement in the killing of the POTUS. I’m not saying it’s one thing or the other but LHO acting alone and achieving what he did with that rifle from that position is remarkable. Like @golfaddick I think he had significant assistance. 

Many millions of others think it - and yet in 60 years, no credible evidence has been produced, and no-one has owned up to assisting, even on their criminal deathbeds...

There's a reason for that...
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Birds aren't real:

Birds Aren't Real is a conspiracy theory which posits that birds are actually drones operated by the United States government to spy on American citizens.

The movement claims that all birds in the United States were exterminated by the federal government between 1959 and 1971 and replaced by lookalike drones used by the government to spy on citizens; the specifics of these theories are not always consistent, not unlike actual conspiracy theories. They claim that birds sit on power lines to recharge themselves, that birds poop on cars as a tracking method, and that U.S. president John F. Kennedy was assassinated by the government due to his reluctance to kill all the birds.
    There's another hilarious ones by flat earthers that the moon is a projection. I listened to a flat earther on a podcast this week. It was more painful than dental surgery and the gist is the lie that the world is round is a way of the government to control people by keeping them ignorant. The host (Chris Jericho!) did a good job is just letting this maniac rant away without pointing out how stupid his arguments were.

Sensiblish conspiracies about the moon landing and JFK are fun as there's some benefit in them occurring and they're pretty harmless. 9/11 being an inside job, covid being a way to depopulate the planet and ones I'm not even going to write are so offensive to grieving families.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Many millions of others think it - and yet in 60 years, no credible evidence has been produced, and no-one has owned up to assisting, even on their criminal deathbeds...

If I had a secret of that magnitude and had a family to leave behind I don’t think I would necessarily be making a deathbed confession. In any case pretty much any of those from that period from any of Mafia, CIA or FBI will be long gone. Like I previously said. The vast majority of conspiracies are just that. Nonsense. There are however a couple that are not so obviously ridiculous. I’d urge anyone that didn’t watch the C4 documentary on Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia to do so. It’s nothing to do with conspiracy at all. Just paints a picture of the backdrop of the period.
  • Options
    You reckon?
    Actual photographic evidence:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

If I had a secret of that magnitude and had a family to leave behind I don’t think I would necessarily be making a deathbed confession. In any case pretty much any of those from that period from any of Mafia, CIA or FBI will be long gone. Like I previously said. The vast majority of conspiracies are just that. Nonsense. There are however a couple that are not so obviously ridiculous. I’d urge anyone that didn’t watch the C4 documentary on Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia to do so. It’s nothing to do with conspiracy at all. Just paints a picture of the backdrop of the period.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2013/11/john-f-kennedy-conspiracy-theories-debunked-why-the-magic-bullet-and-grassy-knoll-dont-make-sense.html

Seems pretty conclusive to me!

Oswald acted alone on that day - I firmly believe that. Any conspiracy should focus on the why, not the how. As I said earlier, the most likely external 'agent' that drove LHO's motives would be the KGB - he lived in Russia for three years and wanted to become a citizen. He then returned to the US with his Russian bride, he supported Castro and the Bay of Pigs wouldn't have gone down well with him! He was an ex-Marine and a highly trained and competent marksman.

Or he truly acted alone without any sponsorship from an enemy state or from within the US agencies.       
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2013/11/john-f-kennedy-conspiracy-theories-debunked-why-the-magic-bullet-and-grassy-knoll-dont-make-sense.html

Oswald acted alone on that day - I firmly believe that. Any conspiracy should focus on the why, not the how. As I said earlier, the most likely external 'agent' that drove LHO's motives would be the KGB - he lived in Russia for three years and wanted to become a citizen. He then returned to the US with his Russian bride, he supported Castro and the Bay of Pigs wouldn't have gone down well with him! He was an ex-Marine and a highly trained and competent marksman.

Or he truly acted alone without any sponsorship from an enemy state or from within the US agencies.       
    That’s the likely scenario. My point though is that should you care to watch the C4 documentary there are another whole set of scenarios that are almost as compelling as the KGB one. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

That’s the likely scenario. My point though is that should you care to watch the C4 documentary there are another whole set of scenarios that are almost as compelling as the KGB one. 
    Looking forward to watching the documentary when I get back from my hols. Any mention of Marilyn Monroe and the rumours that the Kennedys/mob had her done away with?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Looking forward to watching the documentary when I get back from my hols. Any mention of Marilyn Monroe and the rumours that the Kennedys/mob had her done away with?
    Marilyn was mentioned just once I think and very briefly. The documentary doesn’t look at conspiracy or even dwell on the actual assassination. It concerns itself with the Kennedy rise to president and his association with Sinatra and by default with the Mafia.
  • Options
    Not a conspiracy, but a hypothesis. As nuts as it sounds,  the hypothesis aligns science and god.

Simulation Theory. 
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/future-technology/the-matrix-simulation
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Apart from the fact most of that is bollox.

1)  LHO got fed up rather quickly in Russia & wanted to come home sooner. He didnt actually denounce his US citizenship & hadn't applied for Russian citizenship either. Lots of reason why & how he managed to come back to the US without being interrogated by the FBI or CIA but that's another story. 

2) He was not a good marksman. His military records stated that he was average. Even the top marksmen who have tried to get off 3 shots with his rifle inside 8 seconds have found it difficult. 

3) The magic bullet theory has many flaws. Hard to know exactly if the 2nd bullet could strike both JFK & Connolly so many times and still remain pretty pristine. But if the first bullet did miss & hit the sidewalk, AND the 3rd bullet did hit JFK in the head (making it jerk back & to the left, even though it came from behind & to the right.....which is against all laws of Physics) then the 2nd bullet HAD to have done all the damage to both men inside the car. 

The "why" is probably down to the Bay of Pigs.....but the CIA had more reasons to be pissed off about it than some ex-marine who didnt take part in it.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

What assistance did he really need though?

It's been documented that his neighbour got him the job in the book depository, and so it was coincidence that the motorcade was passing his place of work rather than him travelling to find a good spot in a place he didn't know.

The rifle was mail order.  It's America, after all.

He didn't get away in any clever way, basically shuffled off looking shifty first to a policeman he shot, and then to a member of the public who tipped off the rest of the police.

The only thing that with any sort of difficulty was getting a good shot in, he took 3, 1 missed, 1 was non fatal, 3rd one did it.

Could easily have missed and been another failed assassination attempt like a ton of others that failed for various reasons:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots
  • Options
    P.S.  My favourite is the guy who stole a forklift and thought it would flip over an armoured limo, then when they only arrested him for theft accidently told them what he was planning.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

It's been documented that his neighbour got him the job in the book depository, and so it was coincidence that the motorcade was passing his place of work rather than him travelling to find a good spot in a place he didn't know.

He didn't get away in any clever way, basically shuffled off looking shifty first to a policeman he shot, and then to a member of the public who tipped off the rest of the police.

The only thing that with any sort of difficulty was getting a good shot in, he took 3, 1 missed, 1 was non fatal, 3rd one did it.

Could easily have missed and been another failed assassination attempt like a ton of others that failed for various reasons:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots
    The problem is that witnesses who he worked with saw him eating his lunch 5 mins before the shooting.....and 30 secs afterwards. He was either very lucky to rush up & down 6 flights of stairs without being seen be anybody.....even though 2 work colleagues were on the staircase at the time. And also very calm to get into a shooting position just as JFK's car came into view. Oh no, I forgot, he must have been a few seconds late as he didnt decide to shoot him when the car turned just in front of the building when JFK was only yards away....no, he waited until the car had passed the building & going off down the road as shooting at someone going away from you is a lot easier than shooting someone in front of you. Of course....silly me.

Then, if he did shoot Officer Tibbett then he must have sprinted to his lodgings (where he got changed & picked up his revolver) and then sprinted to where he shot Tibbett just 20 mins later. Remember, this wasn't just around the corner from where JFK had been shot but over 1 mile away. Oh...and witness couldn't pick Oswald out in a line out. 

And finally a member of the public who tipped off the police must have been really concerned about seeing a 30 year old man going into a cinema on a Thursday afternoon. Yes....very suspicious. This, again, wasn't near the shooting of Officer Tibbett, but half a mile away. 

So, instead of the above, if LHO had been spotted running away from the Texas School Book Depository & been given chase...then shot a chasing policeman & then ran into a cinema when many witnesses to all this I would say.."Yes, it was him". But that never happened.

The only facts are that he worked in the building where the rifle was found and a co-worker gave him a lift into work that day with LHO carrying something. Yes, he bought a rifle under an alias & yes, he was ex-marine. But he also worked at a top military installation in Japan and was allowed back into the US, without questioning, after trying to defect to Russia. 

And finally......he was questioned for 2 whole days in Dallas, and no records exist of this. Nothing he said was ever written down & shown to anyone (not least to the Warren Commission) and we are just supposed to think....ah yes, lone gunman. He must have done it. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

The problem is that witnesses who he worked with saw him eating his lunch 5 mins before the shooting.....and 30 secs afterwards. He was either very lucky to rush up & down 6 flights of stairs without being seen be anybody.....even though 2 work colleagues were on the staircase at the time. And also very calm to get into a shooting position just as JFK's car came into view. Oh no, I forgot, he must have been a few seconds late as he didnt decide to shoot him when the car turned just in front of the building when JFK was only yards away....no, he waited until the car had passed the building & going off down the road as shooting at someone going away from you is a lot easier than shooting someone in front of you. Of course....silly me.

Then, if he did shoot Officer Tibbett then he must have sprinted to his lodgings (where he got changed & picked up his revolver) and then sprinted to where he shot Tibbett just 20 mins later. Remember, this wasn't just around the corner from where JFK had been shot but over 1 mile away. Oh...and witness couldn't pick Oswald out in a line out. 

And finally a member of the public who tipped off the police must have been really concerned about seeing a 30 year old man going into a cinema on a Thursday afternoon. Yes....very suspicious. This, again, wasn't near the shooting of Officer Tibbett, but half a mile away. 

So, instead of the above, if LHO had been spotted running away from the Texas School Book Depository & been given chase...then shot a chasing policeman & then ran into a cinema when many witnesses to all this I would say.."Yes, it was him". But that never happened.

The only facts are that he worked in the building where the rifle was found and a co-worker gave him a lift into work that day with LHO carrying something. Yes, he bought a rifle under an alias & yes, he was ex-marine. But he also worked at a top military installation in Japan and was allowed back into the US, without questioning, after trying to defect to Russia. 

And finally......he was questioned for 2 whole days in Dallas, and no records exist of this. Nothing he said was ever written down & shown to anyone (not least to the Warren Commission) and we are just supposed to think....ah yes, lone gunman. He must have done it. 

So in the 60 years since it happened, how comes none of the alternative theories have been proven, nor has one of the many involved spilled the beans or been exposed?

For the same reasons the Soviets didn’t reveal the truth about the moon landings, and for the same reasons Al qaeda haven’t pointed out 911 wasn’t them.
  • Options
    I’m not into conspiracy theories, but I’m not sure it’s physically possible for LHO to have fired the fatal shot that killed JFK. The book depository was behind the car that JFK was travelling in when that shot hit him, his head snapped backwards indicating he’d been shot from the front.