Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conspiracy theories

Comments

• Options

It is never a bad thing to question everything in my eyes. That doesn't mean you should jump to conclusions, but where there are questions answers should be demanded. What worries me is that people are ridiculed and intimidated into not asking questions. I doesn't help either when you have people like David Icke telling everybody we are being controlled by lizards. It pigeon holes everybody who wants to ask questions into the crank category. This is helpful to those who may have something to hide.

If you are going to challenge the conventional wisdom, you also have to be open the fact that more times than not, the conventional wisdom is going to be right.

Oh David Icke. I have really close family friends on the Isle of Wight and when I was there a couple years ago one of the kids was having a playdate and the friend's dad started talking about how he was reading David Icke. My friend is one of the most patient people I know, and she was being kind and kind of humoring him with things like "well he definitely has interesting ideas." It took all of my strength not to just blurt out "Remember, whenever he says 'Reptilians' he definitely doesn't mean Jews!"

Spoiler, he means Jews.
  • Options
    I think he means reptilians - or is your statement a conspiracy theory in itself? :)
  • Options

I think he means reptilians - or is your statement a conspiracy theory in itself? :)

There are people with far better knowledge of his stuff than me who have pointed how whenever he says someone is a Reptilian they are quite often Jewish. This may no longer be the case, I know his stuff evolves, shall we say, over time. But he's been dogged by complaints of antisemitism for a while.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

There are people with far better knowledge of his stuff than me who have pointed how whenever he says someone is a Reptilian they are quite often Jewish. This may no longer be the case, I know his stuff evolves, shall we say, over time. But he's been dogged by complaints of antisemitism for a while.
    Are the royals jewish ? becasue theyv been on his list for a long time
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    shine166 said:

SDAddick said:

Are the royals jewish ? becasue theyv been on his list for a long time
    Sorry I'm being sort of tongue in cheek here. There's a fantastic moment in Jon Ronson's first book (I think) whose name I can't remember where he interviews someone and asks them if they think when Icke says "Reptilians" he means "Jews." And the guy who has accused Icke of antisemitism says something to the effect of "I'm afraid he genuinely means lizards."

Icke kind of flirts with some of the new antisemitism stuff, a lot of the New World Order and Global Government shit has undertones or strands of, or some origins in, antisemitism. I think Icke is or was a Holocaust denier of some sort. Whether or not he's actually deeply antisemitic I don't know. But if he is it's kind of far down the list of crazy shit he believes.

If I have misrepresented or besmirched the good name of David Icke in any way I apologize.
  • Options
    What I would say, is if I wanted to hide something dodgy, I would be delighted for it to exposed by David Icke. You can add it to the crazy sh*t he believes in!
  • Options
    Bump

I watched the Channel 4 documentary called Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia a couple of nights ago and wondered what others thought. I don’t buy into conspiracy theory and all the usual ones are basically ridiculous but I’ve always thought that the JFK assassination left us without knowing the truth. The loan gunman seems highly improbable. What I heard and saw during the excellent documentary completely confirms to me that Kennedy was bumped off by at the very least The Mafia and quite possibly with the assistance of the CIA and or FBI. Be interested in your opinions. 
  • Options
    Bump

I watched the Channel 4 documentary called Kennedy, Sinatra and The Mafia a couple of nights ago and wondered what others thought. I don’t buy into conspiracy theory and all the usual ones are basically ridiculous but I’ve always thought that the JFK assassination left us without knowing the truth. The loan gunman seems highly improbable. What I heard and saw during the excellent documentary completely confirms to me that Kennedy was bumped off by at the very least The Mafia and quite possibly with the assistance of the CIA and or FBI. Be interested in your opinions. 
    Not seen it yet, on my list, but it’s always been my opinion that it was an inside job, he didn’t want to go to war, and they love a war, biggest industry they have. 
  • Options
    If you've ever been in a tower that used the same construction methods as the twin towers it's very easy to believe that they would easily collapse when hit by a plan and then having thousands of litres of aviation fuel merrily burning away. I've been an a similar (though much shorter) tower and it's a disconcerting feeling. Every time somebody walked past the cubical I was working in I could feel the floor flexing. Basically there's a central concrete tower that has lifts, services in , then an outer shell, and between the two are disturbingly thin trusses that hold up the floors. I'm sure they're structurally efficient, but being so thin they flex and they're susceptible to fire. As a fire safety engineer said in the video linked below, never trust a truss. http://www.debunking911.com/collapse.htm
    Amen 

• Options
    Chizz said:
    If you've ever been in a tower that used the same construction methods as the twin towers it's very easy to believe that they would easily collapse when hit by a plan and then having thousands of litres of aviation fuel merrily burning away. I've been an a similar (though much shorter) tower and it's a disconcerting feeling. Every time somebody walked past the cubical I was working in I could feel the floor flexing. Basically there's a central concrete tower that has lifts, services in , then an outer shell, and between the two are disturbingly thin trusses that hold up the floors. I'm sure they're structurally efficient, but being so thin they flex and they're susceptible to fire. As a fire safety engineer said in the video linked below, never trust a truss. http://www.debunking911.com/collapse.htm
    Amen 

Are her toes spookingly long?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump

If you don't buy into conspiracy theory generally, then don't buy into JFK specifically. JFK was shot by Lee Harvey Oswald from the Texas School Book Depository. 

Apart from all of the evidence, the key part is that it would have needed the involvement of LOTS of people who have strangely never revealed the truth.
  • Options
    Got to be careful remember but I'm sure 9/11 the towers were brought down by explosives of some sort.
    Got to be careful remember but I'm sure 9/11 the towers were brought down by explosives of some sort.
    It was the way the fell, it looked like a controlled explosion
    It's the way the way the building was designed. I personally think it's ludicrous and actually quite offensive to suggest that 9/11 and 7/7 are government conspiracies. I can understand the moon landing one but don't buy any of the conspiracies either. JFK probably has some weight to it and possibly Diana.
    You were doing so well until the last sentence...
  • Options
    Bump

The more people are involved in a conspiracy, the more likely it is for the truth to have come out.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Amen 

She is so desperate to be seen as edgy and interesting. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

The more people are involved in a conspiracy, the more likely it is for the truth to have come out.
    They have to be living to spill the beans. Many witnesses have mysteriously died post JFK death. Starting with Oswald's killer, Jack Ruby.  
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

They have to be living to spill the beans. Many witnesses have mysteriously died post JFK death. Starting with Oswald's killer, Jack Ruby.  
    That's one person named. Keep going...who are the "many"?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Hardly mysterious, Golfie - Jack Ruby died of cancer. That notwithstanding, Ruby wasn't a witness.

I'm convinced LHO killed JFK - the theories as to his motives and/or who or what was driving him remain a mystery, but far more likely to have been the KGB rather than the CIA or Hoover's FBI.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Lee Bowers (for one)

But if it wasn't a conspiracy and Lee Harvey Oswald did, in fact, kill JKF all by himself then why didn't he admit to it. Surely he would want to go down in history as the "shooter" who killed the President. He would want to be notorious. But he didn't, he denied it to the end. Even going so far as to say that he was set up (shouting out "I'm just a patsy").

The fact that no one could get off 3 shots with THAT gun inside 8 seconds. 

But the overwhelming evidence is that JFK's head is thrown backwards & to the left, meaning a shot to the front & right of him - unless the laws of Physics in this case doesn't apply. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Hardly mysterious, Golfie - Jack Ruby died of cancer. That notwithstanding, Ruby wasn't a witness.

I'm convinced LHO killed JFK - the theories as to his motives and/or who or what was driving him remain a mystery, but far more likely to have been the KGB rather than the CIA or Hoover's FBI.
    That's the one thing I never get, People are convinced that it was either Oswald on his own as a random ex-military bloke with issues, or it was a big conspiracy with a second shooter, CIA agents in the crowd etc - no one ever seems to go for the middle ground of it being Oswald as a lone gunman but because someone told/coerced/paid him to do it.  Would make more sense than a second shooter trying to hide in a bush.

(Albeit I think he was just a random ex-military bloke with issues).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To those of you that haven’t seen the C4 documentary on Kennedy I urge you to do so and then say that it’s complete tosh. We’ll never know of course but I think the JFK thing now transcends conspiracy.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    How did I miss this thread first time around!? I'm only up to p10 so far, so plenty more gold to come. 

Plenty of now barred posters contributing - Kent Addick, who only recently left us, speaks a lot of sense throughout.

Still amazed that some often sensible posters get sucked into dangerous tosh.
    I missed it too. Reading it now and I keep wanting to respond to some of the more idiotic comments but then realise they were made nearly a decade ago!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

That's the one thing I never get, People are convinced that it was either Oswald on his own as a random ex-military bloke with issues, or it was a big conspiracy with a second shooter, CIA agents in the crowd etc - no one ever seems to go for the middle ground of it being Oswald as a lone gunman but because someone told/coerced/paid him to do it.  Would make more sense than a second shooter trying to hide in a bush.

LHO was there, in the building, but I don't think he fired the rifle from the 6th floor & I doubt whether THAT rifle fired the fatal shot. Just watch the Zapruder footage and tell me you think the fatal bullet comes from behind the President. 

I'm no expect on this, but I've seen the JFK film many times and read the 2 books (along with many others) that it is based on. There are many youtube video's (on both sides of the argument) detailing why they think he did/didnt do it.  

Oswald was no "random" who wanted notoriety and just decided to shoot the President. How come he was working in the School Book depository in the first place ?  Why was he giving out Pro Castro leaflets with an address linked to a CIA operative (Guy Bannister)  ? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    For a highly comprehensive account of all things Kennedy and his assassination I recommend the podcast JFK-The Enduring Secret. I've still not listened to all of the episodes as there are so many of them..
    For what it's worth, I think there were two shooters. Oswald in the depository and A.Nother located somewhere in front of the motorcade..Oswald knew nothing about A.Nother.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    How did I miss this thread first time around!? I'm only up to p10 so far, so plenty more gold to come. 

Plenty of now barred posters contributing - Kent Addick, who only recently left us, speaks a lot of sense throughout.

Still amazed that some often sensible posters get sucked into dangerous tosh.
    I missed it too. Reading it now and I keep wanting to respond to some of the more idiotic comments but then realise they were made nearly a decade ago!
    At least they're made to look like they're that old. That's all part of the conspiracy. 
  • Options
    How about catc and cvpm playing out a draw in the hope of extra income?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

LHO was there, in the building, but I don't think he fired the rifle from the 6th floor & I doubt whether THAT rifle fired the fatal shot. Just watch the Zapruder footage and tell me you think the fatal bullet comes from behind the President. 

I'm no expect on this, but I've seen the JFK film many times and read the 2 books (along with many others) that it is based on. There are many youtube video's (on both sides of the argument) detailing why they think he did/didnt do it.  

Oswald was no "random" who wanted notoriety and just decided to shoot the President. How come he was working in the School Book depository in the first place ?  Why was he giving out Pro Castro leaflets with an address linked to a CIA operative (Guy Bannister)  ? 
    I think the fatal bullet came from behind the President.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bump

Lee Bowers (for one)

But if it wasn't a conspiracy and Lee Harvey Oswald did, in fact, kill JKF all by himself then why didn't he admit to it. Surely he would want to go down in history as the "shooter" who killed the President. He would want to be notorious. But he didn't, he denied it to the end. Even going so far as to say that he was set up (shouting out "I'm just a patsy").

The fact that no one could get off 3 shots with THAT gun inside 8 seconds. 

But the overwhelming evidence is that JFK's head is thrown backwards & to the left, meaning a shot to the front & right of him - unless the laws of Physics in this case doesn't apply. 
    Who else...

Who knows what LHO was intending before he was murdered.

The other elements of the conspiracy theory have been disproved. Of course there are countless counter theories. 
  • Options
    To those of you that haven’t seen the C4 documentary on Kennedy I urge you to do so and then say that it’s complete tosh. We’ll never know of course but I think the JFK thing now transcends conspiracy.
    LHO killed JFK, firing from the Texas school book depository. Any other theory is tosh. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Chizz said:
    Amen 

She is so desperate to be seen as edgy and interesting. 
    I regularly drive through the town of Swaffham, which contains the HQ for the South West Norfolk Conservatives, the constituency for which she is MP. The town residents kind of shuffle about in an embarrassed fashion.  If you stare at them, while trying to count their fingers*, it's like they feel you are holding them personably responsible for voting for her and they try to avoid your gaze.

*I only do this to while away the time waiting at the traffic lights.