Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

Comments

• Incidentally Tyreece Campbell also went to Forest Hill school.
  • It would be somewhat worrying if Liverpool's late bid to secure the signing of Guehi would end up being say £40m plus Gomez. I don't know how "sell ons" work but one would hope that there would be a clause in any such contract that insisted on there being a valuation of Gomez? 
  • It would be somewhat worrying if Liverpool's late bid to secure the signing of Guehi would end up being say £40m plus Gomez. I don't know how "sell ons" work but one would hope that there would be a clause in any such contract that insisted on there being a valuation of Gomez? 
    They want 70m don't they? So that would mean Gomez' value would be 30m. 
    I can't see Guehi going anywhere other than Newcastle
  • edited August 27
    It would be somewhat worrying if Liverpool's late bid to secure the signing of Guehi would end up being say £40m plus Gomez. I don't know how "sell ons" work but one would hope that there would be a clause in any such contract that insisted on there being a valuation of Gomez? 
    If that kind of deal does happen they won’t do it as a player plus cash deal, they will do it as 2 separate deals for FFP reasons 
  • Not confirmed anywhere but I believe FM have it as 20%, I expect it's that at a minimum. 

I also expect him to go for a minimum of £40m, Liverpool don't need to sell and if Cripples Paralysis sell Guehi then they'll be desperate and pushed for time
  • seth plum said:
    Incidentally Tyreece Campbell also went to Forest Hill school.
    So did I!
  • sam3110 said:
    Not confirmed anywhere but I believe FM have it as 20%, I expect it's that at a minimum. 

I also expect him to go for a minimum of £40m, Liverpool don't need to sell and if Cripples Paralysis sell Guehi then they'll be desperate and pushed for time
    That was an estimate I suggested, unfortunately not an official figure.
  • Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    Not confirmed anywhere but I believe FM have it as 20%, I expect it's that at a minimum. 

That was an estimate I suggested, unfortunately not an official figure.

I usually rely on selling that clause to rebuild our squad  :D

Mind you I may not need to do that this year for the first time in a long time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Rich Cawley confirmed some time ago it was a minimum 20% of any profit made on Gomez.
  • Sky Sports News reporting Palace have agreed a deal with Wolfsburg to sign defender Lacroix.

Looks like this is the Guehi replacement so highly doubt they’ll be in for Gomez now.
  • Sky Sports News reporting Palace have agreed a deal with Wolfsburg to sign defender Lacroix.

Looks like this is the Guehi replacement so highly doubt they’ll be in for Gomez now.
    Love this guy on football manager  :D

Do they not need another CB though as they've lost Anderson too?

Do they not need another CB though as they've lost Anderson too?
    Did they sign the lad from Benfica in the end? 
  • I thought the only reason they agreed to sell Anderson was because they had Araujo??? coming from Benfica. If that deal hasn't happened yet then they're in the shit a bit. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I thought the only reason they agreed to sell Anderson was because they had Araujo??? coming from Benfica. If that deal hasn't happened yet then they're in the shit a bit. 
    I think he went out on loan instead. 

They signed a younger CB from La Liga in the summer, he played against us in the PSF, Riad? 
  • sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I thought the only reason they agreed to sell Anderson was because they had Araujo??? coming from Benfica. If that deal hasn't happened yet then they're in the shit a bit. 

They signed a younger CB from La Liga in the summer, he played against us in the PSF, Riad? 

Yeah I knew they'd signed Riad I just expected them to sign someone with similar experience to Andersen 
  • edited August 28
    sam3110 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Riad went off with a knee injury after 10 minutes yesterday. The only other CBs they have, apart from Guehi, are Richards, Holding and now Lacroix albeit that Clyne and Ward can play in a back three. Holding, though, has only played one game for them since signing a year ago due to an ongoing ankle injury. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gomez is going to end up staying at Liverpool.
    It's the Charlton luck, he'll stay until he's 32 and then leave on a free.
  • Needs to move for his career....don't think Slot fancies him and he needs to play regular football......also we need the money so hurry up Joe and make a decision.....
  • It is highly unlikely that Gomez will leave Liverpool in this window. Matip was not retained and has not been replaced. Furthermore Quansah is currently injured so Gomez is the only back up for Van Dyke and Konate. 
  • ct_addick said:
    Needs to move for his career....don't think Slot fancies him and he needs to play regular football......also we need the money so hurry up Joe and make a decision.....
    It must be concerning for him that Quansah has overtaken him at CB for Liverpool, while Konsa has overtaken him in the England team. Konsa has been a regular for years now, whereas Gomez has been a utility player. 
  • I think that had Klopp stayed then Gomez (made 51 appearances for Liverpool last season) would be getting more of a look in although we have to accept that we are only two games into the season. He is seen by Liverpool fans as a bit like Milner. Not necessarily an automatic choice but, as someone who can play in four different positions, a vital member of their squad. And football is more of a squad game than at any time in its history. Just look at how many times when the team is announced we look at how strong our bench is.   
  • ct_addick said:
    Needs to move for his career....don't think Slot fancies him and he needs to play regular football......also we need the money so hurry up Joe and make a decision.....
    It must be concerning for him that Quansah has overtaken him at CB for Liverpool, while Konsa has overtaken him in the England team. Konsa has been a regular for years now, whereas Gomez has been a utility player. 
    especially because, injured or not, Quansah has looked error strewn and way out of his depth.
    Liverpool's lack of cover at CB this last few years has been baffling and cost them over and over again
  • I think that had Klopp stayed then Gomez (made 51 appearances for Liverpool last season) would be getting more of a look in although we have to accept that we are only two games into the season. He is seen by Liverpool fans as a bit like Milner. Not necessarily an automatic choice but, as someone who can play in four different positions, a vital member of their squad. And football is more of a squad game than at any time in its history. Just look at how many times when the team is announced we look at how strong our bench is.   
    If Gomez wants to play regularly for England though, he'll want to be seen as more than just a versatile squad member.
  • edited August 28
    I think that had Klopp stayed then Gomez (made 51 appearances for Liverpool last season) would be getting more of a look in although we have to accept that we are only two games into the season. He is seen by Liverpool fans as a bit like Milner. Not necessarily an automatic choice but, as someone who can play in four different positions, a vital member of their squad. And football is more of a squad game than at any time in its history. Just look at how many times when the team is announced we look at how strong our bench is.   
    If Gomez wants to play regularly for England though, he'll want to be seen as more than just a versatile squad member.
    It's all about perception and a versatile replacement is clearly how Southgate saw Gomez too. In the last 7 seasons Gomez has made 209 appearances whereas Stones has 216 games by comparison. So the number of games isn't the issue, it is the perception that Stones is a better player in that one position. As Walker would be seen at RB. Or Shaw at LB. Whether a move will actually change that all depends whether his new team is prepared to play him as a CB only and they might not want to do that. I'm not sure that he can demand that either, in which case he might just as well stay where he is unless it becomes obvious that Slot doesn't fancy him at all. Gomez strength overdone, his ability to play in so many positions, has, ironically, been his undoing.   
  • PopIcon said:
    Gomez is going to end up staying at Liverpool.
    It's the Charlton luck, he'll stay until he's 32 and then leave on a free.
    We are going to end up like Walsall supporters who, from around 2012 onwards, waited anxiously in vain each transfer window for Troy Deeney to be sold in order to trigger their 20% sell-on.