Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

1484950515254»

Comments

• Guehi is now staying at Palace according to BBC Sport. Would also assume this ends any chance of Gomez going to Palace but wonder if Newcastle might now try to get Gomez instead?
  • Guehi is now staying at Palace according to BBC Sport. Would also assume this ends any chance of Gomez going to Palace but wonder if Newcastle might now try to get Gomez instead?
    Think Newcastle are going with what they have 
  • We'll see soon enough
  • I reckon Newcastle have dodged a bullet there. I don't think that Guehi is that good and £70m is ridiculous.
  • They certainly won't get £70m for him after this window, with only three more windows before his contract runs out unless, of course, they get him to sign a new one. Here's hoping he refuses to do so!
  • Every time we get close to Gomez leaving and money coming our way, it never seems to happen.
    That’s for sure. 🥺
  • seth plum said:
    Incidentally Tyreece Campbell also went to Forest Hill school.
    So did I. Mainly Palace fans in my day. A few spanners and the odd Charlton freak like me.
  • I reckon Newcastle have dodged a bullet there. I don't think that Guehi is that good and £70m is ridiculous.

Palace didn't want to lose their current England International CB so put a high price tag on him.
    Guéhi is a modest, quiet lad* and would've been like a fish out of water in the freezing North East with the one city club.
    Good business by Steve Parish yet again to put off the Saudi Arabian club.

Doesn't matter that League 1 Charlton fans hate the Surrey club as they operate in a different universe.

*Reminds me of Richard Rufus when we were in the Premier and just does his job. Hopefully won't become a  financial advisor 😱