Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

1454647484951»

Comments

• Options
    I see that Joe is linked with Bayern Munich in that esteemed organ, The Daily Mirror. I doubt that there's much in it and surely the new Liverpool manager will want to assess him and the rest of the squad. There are groundless rumours every year, although a sell-on fee would be a great windfall to help facilitate a squad rebuild and mitigate the ongoing losses. I fear, however, that we're going to be like Walsall supporters, forever hoping in vain that Watford would sell Troy Deeney.

• Options
    I might be wrong but didn’t douchbag make it that at standard liege that any sell on percentage went to him even when he didn’t own the club anymore. I believe there was two players this happened too with one being mangala to city. I wonder if we do have any sell on fee if it will go straight into his pocket….
  • Options
    I guess that for us, him going to Saudi would be amazing financially but I hope he doesn't as he is too young to waste years there.  He has won everything in England though so you never know.
    But he hasn't won everything FOR England. I'm not sure that he is the type of man who is driven by money alone and IF he becomes a meaningful part of the Euros squad and can see a way forward so far as international recognition is concerned especially with a WC in two years time. Saudi is "out of sight, out of mind" territory and was a nightmare so far as the likes of Henderson are concerned. To me, especially if a player is at a top club already in the PL, it is where they go to end their career once they're into their 30s not someone who hit 27 last week. 
    It's difficult isnt it ? I agree in principle with what you are saying but it all depends on the player, joe Gomez may be set for life but lets say for example he is now sitting on £10,000,000 after ten years of playing football and he gets an offer that will double or triple that figure for only 2 or 3 seasons, i can massively understand the temptation. As said i hope he doesnt tbh but i would rule it out.

Though wouldnt be surprised if he goes somewhere like Bayern, he gets raved about one week by Liverpool fans then scapegoated the next.
  • Options
    I might be wrong but didn’t douchbag make it that at standard liege that any sell on percentage went to him even when he didn’t own the club anymore. I believe there was two players this happened too with one being mangala to city. I wonder if we do have any sell on fee if it will go straight into his pocket….
    Cawley confirmed we still had sell on clauses around the time TS bought the club. Even if they no longer exist it does suggest RD and ESI didn’t sell them at an earlier point in time, so I’d be surprised if anyone but the club would get the money.
  • Options
    Joe Gomez is loving his time at Liverpool. He won't move unless Liverpool want to sell but who knows what Arne Slot thinks yet. I also think the chance of him going to Saudi is zero. 
  • Options
    Liverpool fan on twitter was telling me recently that he believed that the sell on expired at the end of his first contract, told him that was rubbish but he claimed it was well known
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Liverpool fan on twitter was telling me recently that he believed that the sell on expired at the end of his first contract, told him that was rubbish but he claimed it was well known
    It's an agreement between the clubs themselves and has nothing to do with his contract. Only way out of it is by cashing it in, which we haven't done, or he leaves Liverpool on a free. If they were super cheeky they could run his contract down, let him become a free agent then on the 1st July re-sign him, but for the sake of a couple of million quid there's no point in taking that risk
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Yeah definitely rubbish... Why would a Sell On Clause be in a players Contract

The Sell On Clause is part of the Agreement when buying the player from one club to another
  • Options
    Can someone Photoshop a picture of Joe burning a Liverpool shirt , to force him out quickly, thanks.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    If it worked like that clubs would sign players then give them a new contract for an extra couple of quid almost straight away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Cawley confirmed we still had sell on clauses around the time TS bought the club. Even if they no longer exist it does suggest RD and ESI didn’t sell them at an earlier point in time, so I’d be surprised if anyone but the club would get the money.
    Ah fair enough, just concerned he did that with our players too