Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez (ed. ongoing progress)

1444546474850»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 13
    seth plum said:
    If Gomez was sold or an offer came in, I think he will only go down a notch, to Villa, or Newcastle, maybe Tottenham or Chelsea.
    That would mean a fee of which we are due (I think) 25%.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    So what would a Gomez transfer fee be if he were to move to one of those clubs?
    I say north of 30 million pounds.
    I would say about £50m-£60m. But he won't move. He's settled, contributing in a major way and made himself somewhat unique at club level. If he gets his chance for England then I'm sure that he will cement a place in the Euro squad. Klopp and Liverpool weren't stupid when they extended his contract and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give him another one once the new Manager is in situ. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If Gomez was sold or an offer came in, I think he will only go down a notch, to Villa, or Newcastle, maybe Tottenham or Chelsea.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I seem to remember some rumours when one of the bunch of crooks owned us that the right to any sell-on fee was "sold" to some sort of dodgy investor at a discount to realise the cash...don't know how true that is or if it's even legal but I'm sure someone mentioned it.
  • Options
    Petty sure it’s 20%.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    seth plum said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I seem to remember some rumours when one of the bunch of crooks owned us that the right to any sell-on fee was "sold" to some sort of dodgy investor at a discount to realise the cash...don't know how true that is or if it's even legal but I'm sure someone mentioned it.

It was rumoured but Cawley said it was not true.

Petty sure it’s 20%.
    Cawley said north of 20% I believe.
  • Options
    With Liverpool winning 9-2 right now on aggregate with half a game left to play, they should chuck him up top to try and score his first professional goal
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    With Liverpool winning 9-2 right now on aggregate with half a game left to play, they should chuck him up top to try and score his first professional goal
    Taken him off at half time instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Good to see him and Konsa picked for current England squad
    Three ex Addicks in the squad, two of which are academy graduates. Would probably be 4 if Pope wasn’t injured. Reflects well on us, although if only they weren’t ex!
    Speculation that Alfie Doughty might also get called up.

Shaw already out, Chilwell has been injured recently and Trippier out too, who normally switches sides to cover left back
  • Options
    do we get more of a fee if he plays for England? Often an add on in a sale.
  • Options
    do we get more of a fee if he plays for England? Often an add on in a sale.

Well if we did, considering he already has a fair few caps, probably not relevant now.
  • Options
    I'll tell you what, if he hadnt have had any of these injuries that have probably taken a yard of pace off of him........ he would have been one of the best defenders in the world comfortably.
    Amazing that he was getting quite a bit of stick from Liverpool fans only a few months ago.
  • Options
    I'll tell you what, if he hadnt have had any of these injuries that have probably taken a yard of pace off of him........ he would have been one of the best defenders in the world comfortably.
    Amazing that he was getting quite a bit of stick from Liverpool fans only a few months ago.
    Football and stick go hand in hand. TBH many of them knew the level he can play at. He needed to regrow confidence in his body and he has. There were times earlier in the season where he used to stand still quite a lot or turn his back to play. Being one of his biggest fans, it wasn't good to see. Then once Klopp deployed him to different positions with new challenges, a turbo mode was activated. 

• Options
    Many on their forums have him as a potential POTY. They've talked in terms of how many don't even consider Robertson as first choice LB, such has been his influence. Which is why I say that Southgate has landed on his feet. LB isn't even Joe's best position but to have someone available who can play RB, LB, CB and in any of the CB positions should we go to three at the back is worth its weight. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Taken him off at half time instead.
    Probably got a goal clause in the transfer to Liverpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I first saw Gomez in 2014 at home to Blackpool.  He looked like he had been playing for years.  I think he was 17!

I recall the bloke behind me saying "future England International".  Strangely, it felt like he was stating the obvious.
  • Options
    We have had a lot of great young players come through at Charlton during my time, I have always followed the development system as best I can.
    In my opinion Joe Gomez edges out the other greats such as Walsh, Parker, Bowyer, Eliot and some others I can’t think of now.
    Gomez is our best ever youth product (so far) and I am immensely proud he came from our veritable astonishing factory of producing professional footballers Academy.
  • Options
    I saw what I think was his first appearance in a Liverpool shirt, in a friendly in Bangkok. Was very surprised to see our boy wearing the Liverpool number 2 shirt, the one he's had ever since. Don't think he spotted my Charlton shirt in the sea of Liverpool red.