Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ched Evans makes a public statement

Comments

• Options
    Wish I hadn't said anything now
  • Options

you know, I think that might be what the victim in the ched evans case might be saying every day now, unfortunately.
  • Options
    We should always talk and we do a lot of that on this site! A long while back at Brighton a very distraught CAFC supporter was being given a severe talking to by fellow CAFC supporters. They can only have been early teens but they just kept saying'you don't hit women'. I had not seen the incident but I was very taken with the attitude of our supporters. This site shows the world that CAFC football supporters are bloody decent people, and long may it continue. I'll give ye all a wave with me tartan blanket and hip flask at the next Saturdayhome game I might even stand up to do it :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

@cafcnick1992‌

That is something Ched Evans supporters have been saying.

1. It was in reference to the compensation being paid by the people who released her name on social media.

2. Because they released her name people had hunted her down on twitter and sent loads of messages to her. I'm guessing she was trying to divert the attention. It was stupid but doesn't have any impact on what happened.

If she really wanted money from him I think she would have launched a civil case by now. Just another case of Evans team trying to damage her reputation and credibility.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Unless they were wrongfully imprisoned.
    ***NOT IMO THE CASE HERE***

Thinking of that case, how is it CE got 5 years for allegedly committing rape,

He did not get five years for ALLEGEDLY committing rape. He got five years for committing rape.
    I used the term allegedly because I was then referring to the the story of a 17 year sentence which was a wrongful imprisonment.

Are you aware Ched Evans has been approached to have his entire trial investigated?

Do you mean he is applying for leave to appeal his conviction ? If not, who has "approached" him and by what mechanism of the legal system have they done so ?
    You're in upper west then. Say hello. Tgsnks for what yoh have added to this thread. Incredibly humbling
  • Options
    I only asked the question as it is those tweets in question which suggest there is money involved somewhere, not me. Your answer pretty much clears that up.

I'm not holding an opinion on this case at all. If he is guilty of raping her then he can rot in prison whilst the key is thrown away. I don't appreciate being called a 'fucking turnip' and being accused of having sympathy for rapists for simply asking a question.
  • Options

I only asked the question as it is those tweets in question which suggest there is money involved somewhere, not me. Your answer pretty much clears that up.

I'm not holding an opinion on this case at all. If he is guilty of raping her then he can rot in prison whilst the key is thrown away. I don't appreciate being called a 'fucking turnip' and being accused of having sympathy for rapists for simply asking a question.

calling her a "victim" in inverted commas is holding an opinion. She is a victim. That's a fact.
  • Options
    I put it in inverted commas because that is her status - I wasn't making judgement either way. Call it careless typing but I didn't mean for it to sound bad. But thanks for trying to make me sound like an arsehole, it has really made my Thursday.
  • Options
    The cynic in me thinks this will happen:

Another appeal gets dismissed.

Evans, his pitiful girlfriend and abhorrent families still maintain his innocence.

He signs with a club (probably Sheffield Utd).

He gets a bit of stick at the beginning, but very soon everyone gets used to him both fans and players. No player seriously injures him.

He makes some more money in magazine and 'newspaper' interviews.

The families and there cohorts hassle the girl for the rest of her life.

I really hope I'm wrong on all levels (bar the appeal getting thrown out), but sadly I'd put money on the above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I put it in inverted commas because that is her status - I wasn't making judgement either way. Call it careless typing but I didn't mean for it to sound bad. But thanks for trying to make me sound like an arsehole, it has really made my Thursday.

you do it by yourself quite easily enough.
  • Options
    Ok, let's not start going for one and other. A couple of pages ago we were praising each other for the reasonable discussion we were having on a difficult topic.
  • Options

Rob said:

Croydon said:

and i'm not making light of it , i can't see how anyone can judge going back in time at what point someone would be giving consent or not in the situation where alcohol and drugs are concerned

The point is he has no contact with her until she was unconscious. She could never have given consent before as she hadn't been in contact with him.
    Say I go on a lads holiday and bring a girl back to my room. Does the fact she came back for consensual sex with me mean that she was 'fair game' to the mates I was sharing a room with? Of course it doesn't. I don't understand where the grey area is in this.

Yes, but she also accused the other bloke of rape. Wouldn't that put doubt on the credibility of her accusations?
    "oh, two people raped you, at the same place and same time period? IMPOSSIBLE, YOURE LYING".

it's this kind of attitude that is absurdly damaging.
    That's not what I'm saying and you're putting words in my mouth. What I was simply implying was, that from all the evidence she appeared to be consensual with McDonald (willingly going to the hotel room with him etc) but she still accused him of rape. Wouldn't that put doubt on the credibility of her accusations? I would have thought there would have been more credibility if she had only accused Evans of rape rather than McDonald as well. Who knows what consent was given (or perceived to be given) in the room once Evans arrived.

Again, I'm not advocating rape. Far from it. However, I don't think this is a clear cut rape case of the "let's just lock him up and throw the key away" variety. For me there are grey areas.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Rob said:

Croydon said:

and i'm not making light of it , i can't see how anyone can judge going back in time at what point someone would be giving consent or not in the situation where alcohol and drugs are concerned

The point is he has no contact with her until she was unconscious. She could never have given consent before as she hadn't been in contact with him.
    Say I go on a lads holiday and bring a girl back to my room. Does the fact she came back for consensual sex with me mean that she was 'fair game' to the mates I was sharing a room with? Of course it doesn't. I don't understand where the grey area is in this.

Yes, but she also accused the other bloke of rape. Wouldn't that put doubt on the credibility of her accusations?
    "oh, two people raped you, at the same place and same time period? IMPOSSIBLE, YOURE LYING".

That's not what I'm saying and you're putting words in my mouth. What I was simply implying was, that from all the evidence she appeared to be consensual with McDonald (willingly going to the hotel room with him etc) but she still accused him of rape. Wouldn't that put doubt on the credibility of her accusations? I would have thought there would have been more credibility if she had only accused Evans of rape rather than McDonald as well. Who knows what consent was given (or perceived to be given) in the room once Evans arrived.

Again, I'm not advocating rape. Far from it. However, I don't think this is a clear cut rape case of the "let's just lock him up and throw the key away" variety. For me there are grey areas.
    some one either consents to having sex or they don't. How is there a grey area in that?

Surely just accusing one of rape would've been even more bizarre? They were both in the room that night doing the same things to that woman.
  • Options
    When Ched Evans was convicted there were the... 'justice 4 Ched' stickers and leaflets being handed out around Bramall Lane, especially when they missed out on promotion to the Championship. Whats made it more a kick in the teeth for their fans is that they lost Evans to that conviction before the end of that season, they lost out on sudden death pealties in a Yorkshire derby in the play-off final, their bitterest of bitterest rivals took that 2nd place behind us and they are still stuck in League 1 now. Even if they had beaten Huddersfield at Wembley (still going up behind their bitter rivals), their fans would have found it a lot easier to move on.
  • Options
    How sad are the Sheffield Utd fans blaming her for reporting it not him for doing it!
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited October 2014
  • Options

Rob said:

Rob said:

Croydon said:

some one either consents to having sex or they don't. How is there a grey area in that?

Surely just accusing one of rape would've been even more bizarre? They were both in the room that night doing the same things to that woman.
    She never accused either of rape originally, her original complaint to the police was that she thought her drinks had been spiked.
    As for consent, the 2 footballers say she did give consent to Evans, but presumably the jury decided that she was too drunk to give consent, which would be enough for a conviction, but explains the relatively short sentence when compared to some other cases.
  • Options

Rob said:

Rob said:

Croydon said:

I think it is clear what I'm saying. I've got nothing more to say.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Rob said:

Croydon said:

No offence Rob, but these are the posts I don't like very much. Unless you're a lawyer, or at least an expert who sat in the trial, then you can't make any kind of judgment or even implication like this. We have to trust that the legal experts got it right. With the Evans camp spinning the case at all opportunities, it will lead to more and more of this kind of response. The guy is guilty of rape, and has apparently provided no compelling evidence to suggest the conviction was anything other than just. Nobody on the thread should, or truly can argue otherwise.

On that basis, I personally believe offenders should be banned from professional sport for life, let alone the duration of the full sentence. Christ, Rio Ferdinand got banned for a year for not peeing in a cup. There's a thousand jobs that Ched Evans can perform as he is 'rehabilitated', I don't believe professional sport should be one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Rob said:

Rob said:

Croydon said:

No offence Rob, but these are the posts I don't like very much. Unless you're a lawyer, or at least an expert who sat in the trial, then you can't make any kind of judgment or even implication like this. We have to trust that the legal experts got it right. With the Evans camp spinning the case at all opportunities, it will lead to more and more of this kind of response. The guy is guilty of rape, and has apparently provided no compelling evidence to suggest the conviction was anything other than just. Nobody on the thread should, or truly can argue otherwise.

On that basis, I personally believe offenders should be banned from professional sport for life, let alone the duration of the full sentence. Christ, Rio Ferdinand got banned for a year for not peeing in a cup. There's a thousand jobs that Ched Evans can perform as he is 'rehabilitated', I don't believe professional sport should be one of them.
    Point taken Jimmy and no offence taken. :-)
  • Options
    The FA really need to learn from this, think the easiest solution would be to issue a ban once any Pro footballer is found guilty, as the IOC have done with Pistorius, and once they've served the ban they can play, no matter what.
  • Options

Rob said:

Croydon said:

I don't think she actually pressed charges - I think the CPS took it on. Might be wrong.
  • Options
    Normally I would take the view that if someone had paid their debt to society they should be offered a chance to be rehabilitated. That said I think that sex offending is in a different category.

This man is a convicted rapist who had his appeal turned down and who has not shown a shred of remorse. It is a disgrace that he had been released at all and he shouldn't be allowed to play again.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

No. Don't. Stop.

No, don't stop.

?????
    Stop.

Do not not stop.
    Are you writing a telegram?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    As usual, the only correct opinion on the matter is that he's absolute scum who should never be allowed to live, work or act normally ever again. Whatever your opinion and without going into detail about the absolute horrific nature of some rapes, it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with every violent rapist out there.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

As usual, the only correct opinion on the matter is that he's absolute scum who should never be allowed to live, work or act normally ever again. Whatever your opinion and without going into detail about the absolute horrific nature of some rapes, it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with those every violent rapist out there.

There's no such thing as a gentle rapist, so yes.
    Of course there isn't. Yes what?
  • Options
    Yes he should share the term with all the others
  • Options
    It wasn't a question, I said it's not right, but ok that's your opinion.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!