Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ched Evans makes a public statement

Comments

• Options
    Whole t
    JaShea99 said:

it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with every violent rapist out there.

All, Think we run the risk of this thread side tracking into silly arguments away from the main points, or mainaining its level of respect for fellow posters. Please make the effort.

With the above, that's like saying someone who deliberately poisoned someone, or gave them a lethal injection, shouldnt be called a murderer because they didn't cave the persons head in with a brick.
  • Options

Whole t

JaShea99 said:

it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with every violent rapist out there.

All, Think we run the risk of this thread side tracking into silly arguments away from the main points, or mainaining its level of respect for fellow posters. Please make the effort.

With the above, that's like saying someone who deliberately poisoned someone, or gave them a lethal injection, shouldnt be called a murderer because they didn't cave the persons head in with a brick.
    No, I was extremely careful not to say he 'shouldn't' be called a rapist because I know what people on this site are like. And I was trying to avoid having to spell it out, but all I'm saying is there should be a clear distinction between those who plot, calculate, beat, assault, pin down, tie up, and god knows what else in order to force sex and those who sleep with someone, only to have that someone wake up in the morning and regret it.
  • Options

There are varying degrees of severity though

If you go out and chat up a girl that's had a few drinks, and then have sex with her (which she was happy with at the time), if it is considered that she was too drunk to give consent, then legally that is rape.

A crime but clearly less severe than the predator attacking a woman and forcing himself against her will, and the sentencing will reflect this

I agree that there are varying degrees of severity in the eyes of the law and sentences reflect that. However, if you're the victim of rape you probably don't see it that way.
  • Options
    At 8:01 this thread lost the plot
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

It wasn't a question, I said it's not right, but ok that's your opinion.

What's not right about calling someone who raped someone a rapist?!
  • Options
    edited October 2014

JaShea99 said:

It wasn't a question, I said it's not right, but ok that's your opinion.

What's not right about calling someone who raped someone a rapist?!
    Interesting paraphrasing of what I said.
  • Options
    He's not enough of a rapist for Ja
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

As usual, the only correct opinion on the matter is that he's absolute scum who should never be allowed to live, work or act normally ever again. Whatever your opinion and without going into detail about the absolute horrific nature of some rapes, it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with every violent rapist out there.

What a stupid thoughtless statement. He is a convicted rapist who shows no remorse at all.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

As usual, the only correct opinion on the matter is that he's absolute scum who should never be allowed to live, work or act normally ever again. Whatever your opinion and without going into detail about the absolute horrific nature of some rapes, it's not right that Evans will share the term 'rapist' with every violent rapist out there.

What a stupid thoughtless statement. He is a convicted rapist who shows no remorse at all.
    It's not stupid, as it's my opinion, and it's also not thoughtless as it was a considered statement. Remorse is irrevelevant. If you're too stupid to appreciate the comparison and need for distinction I offered, then don't reply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

It's not stupid, as it's my opinion, and it's also not thoughtless as it was a considered statement. Remorse is irrevelevant. If you're too stupid to appreciate the comparison and need for distinction I offered, then don't reply.
    It was a stupid and offensive comment followed by and even more stupid and offensive
    coment.

Grief if that is best you can do with a considered comment I shudder at the thought of an off the cuff remark! Have you any ideas what a truly dispicable crime rape is? Of course remorse is relevant.

I wouldn't be too proud of your opinion I were you. Acting as an apologist for rapists.
  • Options
    Murder .... manslaughter ... there is a difference .... for understandable reasons, the law doesn't make such distinctions for rape, doesn't mean there are not gradations, of course there are, as with most things.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

It was a stupid and offensive comment followed by and even more stupid and offensive
    coment.

Grief if that is best you can do with a considered comment I shudder at the thought of an off the cuff remark! Have you any ideas what a truly dispicable crime rape is? Of course remorse is relevant.

I wouldn't be too proud of your opinion I were you. Acting as an apologist for rapists.
    Now I'm an apologist for rapists? And I'm the one making stupid comments? You either have trouble with comprehension or you're purposely misreading my comments to serve your agenda. Either way, forget it, it's not worth it.
  • Options
    Salad said:

Murder .... manslaughter ... there is a difference .... for understandable reasons, the law doesn't make such distinctions for rape, doesn't mean there are not gradations, of course there are, as with most things.

rape is rape
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JaShea99 said:

IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

IAgree said:

JaShea99 said:

coment.

Now I'm an apologist for rapists? And I'm the one making stupid comments? You either have trouble with comprehension or you're purposely misreading my comments to serve your agenda. Either way, forget it, it's not worth it.
    I think that you are the one with an agenda - you have spent all evening minimising the crimes of an unrepentant convicted rapist.

I am not misreading anything. you comments are very succinct and clear. Totally unambiguous.
  • Options
    And the twat left through the fire exit once he'd finished with her, to avoid walking past reception for some reason...
  • Options
    Needed to get home quickly to his adoring girlfriend.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    318 comments about the of rape laws in this country, the ethical and moral implications of hiring an ex-convict and a strong critique of whether this particular individual has undergone a full and thorough rehabilitation...and here's me just thinking we could do with another center forward.

But I'll tell you this for free, I hope he finds a job in football because he's not got a future in public speaking.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Whole t

JaShea99 said:

No, I was extremely careful not to say he 'shouldn't' be called a rapist because I know what people on this site are like. And I was trying to avoid having to spell it out, but all I'm saying is there should be a clear distinction between those who plot, calculate, beat, assault, pin down, tie up, and god knows what else in order to force sex and those who sleep with someone, only to have that someone wake up in the morning and regret it.
    But are we sure he didn't 'plot' or 'calculate' his attack? It wasn't his hotel room. He wasn't let in by the occupants of the room. He had mates outside filming what then occurred. This all suggests some form of planning. I doubt his mates were outside ready to film him make the girl a cup of coffee. He went there planning to have sex with her and, having not spoken to her at that point, didn't have her consent to do so. Not then, not later.

He booked and paid for the room and put it in his friend's name
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many other intending rapists get their mates to film it , I mean I'm sure they want us much evidence as possible to be available

• Options

How many other intending rapists get their mates to film it , I mean I'm sure they want us much evidence as possible to be available

Yeah of course! No sex offenders ever film thier crimes do they?!

• Options
    Why did the woman go to the hotel room in the first place? For a chat and a cup of tea?
  • Options
    WayneK said:

Why did the woman go to the hotel room in the first place? For a chat and a cup of tea?

We don't know. We don't know (at least I don't) where she lived, whether she had any money on her, whether it was too late/too far to get a bus home, whether the room had twin beds or whether she'd run out of little bottles of shampoo. Why she went to the Hotel is entirely irrelevant. I don't know what concerns she raised with the police - was it that her drinks might have been spiked as suggested earlier?
    It may well have been ONLY as a result of police enquiries that the rape charges were brought following the individuals admissions in interview and viewing the footage from the CCTV and 'phone. It is quite likely that she would not have had the legal expertise to conclude that she had been raped (as legally defined), suffered attempted rape and/or sexual assault but merely told her story and let the professionals decide which charge(s) to bring. It is not fair to say she made rape accusations when we don't know what she told the police in her initial interview and subsequently in her witness statement.
  • Options

Missing the point, since the defendants didn't realise what they were doing was actually rape.
  • Options

If you do a google search for "filming rape", you'll find there's a surprising number.
  • Options
    WayneK said:

What she was or was not intending at that point is totally irrelevant as she could not have known that Evans would have turned up later - he had not been there at any point earlier so she had no way of knowing what he would do. That is why Mcdonald has not received the same sentence despite it being him that she was with - an unscrupulous enough lawyer could probably get her leaving with him as implied consent, or close enough to create reasonable doubt in terms of outright rape.

Evans on the other hand turned up at a later point, either at Mcdonald's suggestion or his own initiative but certainly not at the victim's.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!