Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Options
    Scotland are going for this. 13-5 ahead
  • Options
    Exciting stuff. Luckily the Aussie kicker is wearing salad spoons on the ends of his feet. Scotland in front! Like Wales yesterday it's a case of when not of they fall behind. Mind you, I thought that of Japan SA
  • Options
    Come on Scotland!
  • Options
    Yellow card ... Aussie advantage now
  • Options
    Booooooo! Refs a fucking kangaroo! Just spoiled a good game.
  • Options
    Very harsh yellow card.
  • Options
    What takes me to the fair is how with all the tv replays and 4th umpires they can still bloody get it wrong. Wankers.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

What takes me to the fair is how with all the tv replays and 4th umpires they can still bloody get it wrong. Wankers.

They got that one right. Still wankers.
  • Options
    Yup.
  • Options
    Corker, really does feel like Aus can unopen Scotland at any time though, a converted try would do them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scotland are ahead with 6 minutes to go
  • Options
    I'm hiding behind the sofa. Did I say sofa.......?

I'm Scottish btw.
  • Options
    Bucking follocks!
  • Options
    You get used to heroic failures. You really do.
  • Options

You get used to heroic failures. You really do.

At least you got that, we just got abject failure.
  • Options
    Hard luck & well played Scotland.
  • Options
    Righty ho. Large whisky time methinks. Cheers.
  • Options
    One of the best Rugby games i've seen. Really feel for Scotland.
  • Options
    That was quite a game
  • Options
    What a set of quarter finals.

Were you watching Lancaster?
    You would have started with 10 forwards if you could.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

What a set of quarter finals.

Were you watching Lancaster?
    You would have started with 10 forwards if you could.

Hopefully Lancaster has nothing more to do with international Rugby
  • Options
    I probably on balance wanted Scotland to win as underdogs, so feel for them... But what a game! Been some good matches for the neutral. England were as good as the football team at the last world cup. Shit and forgotten
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted we lost that but very proud of the team.
  • Options
    In a game of mistakes, did the ref make one at the end ?

Looked very harsh after seeing in slow motion.
    At best, it should of been a scrum to Aussies.

Fantastic effort by Scotland.

Foley kept his nerve at the end, after having a poor game by his high standards.

The game was won by the Aussies great line outs.

The Aussies have had 3 hard games against England, Wales and Scotland.
    Argentina have had an easier route to the semi final.The Aussies should still win but the Pumas have improved so much in the last 4 years.

• Options
    If Australia win the world cup, nobody could say it wasn't deserved
  • Options
    No idea why the ref didn't go to the TMO for a game-deciding penalty when replays show it should have been a scrum instead of a penalty. Would it be stereotypical to say the Aussies were guilty of a robbery there?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

You cant honestly suggest that a side that only beats Scotland in last minute could win the World Cup !!??.

NZ are light years ahead of everyone.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

You cant honestly suggest that a side that only beats Scotland in last minute could win the World Cup !!??.

I watched the NZ France game yesterday. It was clear to me then (as it has been for some time to anyone that knows a bit about rugby) that everyone is playing out a mini-tournament to see who ends up as runners-up to the All Blacks. They may not end up winning, of course. But they're miles ahead of anyone else.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Now that I've calmed down and had a stiff scotch. Better for the tournament that the Aussies got through as I think that was Scotland's day in the sun. Agree with the comment that NewZealand will wipe the floor with anything that's left. Shame it was such a dubious penalty though. Aussie coach was not particularly gracious in his interview (we gave them three tries etc). Not a very likeable bloke so I'll take great pleasure if the Argies beat them (highly unlikely) or if New Zealand give them a good trumping in the final (highly likely). Terrific game though. Didn't think we would perform so creditably. Was offered a bet at the golf club earlier on us losing by a 30 point margin and wouldn't have been surprised if we had.

My Irish mate is not very happy.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

I could but I didn't. I just said they would deserve it as the Aussies have fought for every win though and never give up. I agree that nz are the outstanding team and will win