Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Here come the anti-rugby lot saying you'd never see such a one-sided result at the knock-out stage of a football World Cup... :wink:

If they do fiiish, just mention Germany v Brazil in last World Cup.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Here come the anti-rugby lot saying you'd never see such a one-sided result at the knock-out stage of a football World Cup... :wink:

If they do fiiish, just mention Germany v Brazil in last World Cup.
  • Options
    What a Brutal Beautiful Macho world cup this has been.

You see more men poleaxed than a Friday night down the old Kent Road.
    The game will carry on as Hairy arsed men have dislocated arms and bloodied faces patched by the medics as the game carries on around them up for the next bruising encounter. There is less blood in an episode of casualty than on the battle fields of this WC.

Class sides always start getting better when the quarter finals come along,
    This Tournament is for New Zealand to lose as they have the best 23 players on the planet. South Africa and Australia will be a harder test for the All blacks.

Nigel Owens is a top class Referee who gets most of his big calls right,
    But Carter took his conversion quickly before Owens could check to see if a forward pass had occurred for the 8th try. Just like the Football semi final between Germany and Brazil, the Towel had already been thrown in, to stop further punishment.

• Options
    You could also hear Owens make a little comment to Carter after he'd converted. "took that one quick enough, didn't you!"

Have to admit I am getting a bit hacked off with all the ridiculous posturing of the kickers these days. Dan Biggar is by far the worst. Pulls his shorts up, looks like he's having a fit, while making sure he sorts his hair out, before actually calming down to take the kick.

I think a few props should just tell these lads to have a look at themselves. If that doesn't work, twat it out of them!!! :smile:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

You could also hear Owens make a little comment to Carter after he'd converted. "took that one quick enough, didn't you!"

Have to admit I am getting a bit hacked off with all the ridiculous posturing of the kickers these days. Dan Biggar is by far the worst. Pulls his shorts up, looks like he's having a fit, while making sure he sorts his hair out, before actually calming down to take the kick.

I think a few props should just tell these lads to have a look at themselves. If that doesn't work, twat it out of them!!! :smile:

Hope you're not including Madigan in that.
  • Options
    Wonder if there's any decent footballers on the flights - we could do with a few bodies to pad out the squad at the minute.
  • Options
    South Africa fans were buying Semi Final tickets from Welsh fans before the game in the pub yesterday.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    South Africans also very knowledgeable of Charlton c/o Fish and Bartlett

• Options
    Argentina are running riot. 17-0 after 13 minutes !

Looks like an all Southern hemisphere Semi finals.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Argentina walking this so far
  • Options
    Good game. Ireland back in it.

Argies hit post with penalty to make it 23-3 and Irish go up other end and get converted try to make it 20-10.

If Ireland get first points of 2nd half I reckon Argentina will collapse.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Argies hit post with penalty to make it 23-3 and Irish go up other end and get converted try to make it 20-10.

They have got the first points so we'll see. 20-17 to Argentina
  • Options
    Game On
  • Options
    Just switched the TV off!

Wait a few minutes for the TMO to decide whether to send somebody off. Better things to do with my life!
  • Options
    If your 17-0 nil up, why get a cheap yellow card ?

Argentina love running with the ball but could run out of steam .

23-20.
  • Options

Just switched the TV off!

Wait a few minutes for the TMO to decide whether to send somebody off. Better things to do with my life!

...like coming on here to tell us!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Southern Hemisphere clean sweep
  • Options
    A lot for Ireland to do now.

They need two converted tries.

Won't happen.
  • Options
    Three converted tries
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

MrOneLung said:

They have got the first points so we'll see. 20-17 to Argentina
    Err, told ya.
  • Options
    Argentina well worth their win in that one. Think their federation might be making another crack at getting into the Six Nations after this World Cup.
  • Options

Argentina well worth their win in that one. Think their federation might be making another crack at getting into the Six Nations after this World Cup.

Why would they want to? The Six Nations is a worse competition than the one they're in.
  • Options
    IA said:

Why would they want to? The Six Nations is a worse competition than the one they're in.
    They're improved by playing against the others in the Southern Hemisphere.
    They played well and deserved their win today. Ireland had the chance when they got back to 3 pts and then couldn't push on. Might have been different if the ref had shown the red card to the bloke who had already been sin binned.
  • Options
    IA said:

Because they've managed to win only 2 games in 21 against the big three southern hemisphere teams?
  • Options

IA said:

Because they've managed to win only 2 games in 21 against the big three southern hemisphere teams?
    They've just beaten the team that won the last two 6 Nations to get into the Rugby World Cup semifinals again.

No Six Nations team will be in the RWC semi finals.

At this stage, going into the Six Nations would be a big step down. All four big southern hemisphere teams are better than anyone in the 6N.
  • Options
    I guess playing in the six/seven Nations would be convenient for Argentina, with many of their players playing in Europe.
  • Options
    I'm not laughing at Ireland much lol
  • Options
    It shows the farce of England's group having Wales and Australia

Scotland get to the QF by beating Samoa and knackered Japan

Ireland win their group by edging a win over France, who were completely stuffed by NZ

If England and Wales had been separated, then England would have reached the QF, and Wales would have had one less draining game in the group stage.
  • Options

It shows the farce of England's group having Wales and Australia

Scotland get to the QF by beating Samoa and knackered Japan

Ireland win their group by edging a win over France, who were completely stuffed by NZ

If England and Wales had been separated, then England would have reached the QF, and Wales would have had one less draining game in the group stage.

Rearranging the deck chairs.

The 6 Nations champions of the last two years have been hammered by the worst side in the Rugby Championship.

(I am aware that they finished third in a reduced competition this year)

It would have been good for England to get to the quarter-finals, but they would not have gone any further.