Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Just got hold of a ticket for Saturday - boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one, here's some tips on getting from the station to the Madejski and a debate on Uber v Black Cabs
  • TelMc32 said:

The verdict is in and O'Brien has been banned for one week, which was reduced from two weeks because of his previous disciplinary record.

Hearing that there were slightly more mitigating circumstances than that. It would appear that Pape (the Frenchie), stuck his pinky in O'Brien's pooper!!

Those crazy rugby guys hey!!
    What did the French bloke get? Other than a smelly finger.
  • TelMc32 said:

The verdict is in and O'Brien has been banned for one week, which was reduced from two weeks because of his previous disciplinary record.

Hearing that there were slightly more mitigating circumstances than that. It would appear that Pape (the Frenchie), stuck his pinky in O'Brien's pooper!!

A semi
  • edited October 2015
    IA said:

TelMc32 said:

A semi
    Perhaps it's the only way of getting one, when faced with the All Blacks in the quarterfinals.
  • edited October 2015
    Halix said:

Sorry, ARTHUR, Sorry what I meant to say,-

Thank goodness this tournament is still on, I have no idea that New Zealand will win it. It is a good job it wasnt possible to play it over just a fortnight, because the MASSIVE tv audiences (4.1 Million for England at prime time saturday on ITV!) will have nothing else to watch and talk about wherever you go. If only the Times and other papers could promote it better, then even more people will be watching it and then reporting favorably (and apparantly only positively) on a FOOTBALL forum site.

I think thats what I meant, sorry for the earlier draft.

Maybe you missed the 25 million who watched just one game in Japan - at midnight. That's almost 25% of the entire population of the country, which isnt one of your supposed top six.
  • edited October 2015

Halix said:

Thank goodness this tournament is still on, I have no idea that New Zealand will win it. It is a good job it wasnt possible to play it over just a fortnight, because the MASSIVE tv audiences (4.1 Million for England at prime time saturday on ITV!) will have nothing else to watch and talk about wherever you go. If only the Times and other papers could promote it better, then even more people will be watching it and then reporting favorably (and apparantly only positively) on a FOOTBALL forum site.

Maybe you missed the 25 million who watched just one game in Japan - at midnight. That's almost 25% of the entire population of the country, which isnt one of your supposed top six.
    Sorry im not Japanese so dont really care, besides what else do Japan compete at, Football (ok), baseball, golf and sumo.
  • Halix said:

Halix said:

Sorry im not Japanese so dont really care, besides what else do Japan compete at, Football (ok), baseball, golf and sumo.
    I was countering your dismissive one off viewing figure with a record breaking fact illustrating that far from one man and his dog being interested in rugby as you laughably claim, that in fact this tournament has captivated and inspired millions around the world. But as they are foreign and not you they obviously dont count.

Good to see just how narrow minded you are though.
  • Halix said:

Halix said:

I was countering your dismissive one off viewing figure with a record breaking fact illustrating that far from one man and his dog being interested in rugby as you laughably claim, that in fact this tournament has captivated and inspired millions around the world. But as they are foreign and not you they obviously dont count.

Personally I think I'm more parochial rather than narrow minded. How many watch Blackheath play? ...... answer its around 1200.
  • edited October 2015
    Halix said:

Halix said:

Halix said:

Personally I think I'm more parochial rather than narrow minded. How many watch Blackheath play? ...... answer its around 1200.
    Yawn.
    I'm thinking you are on a wind up like Greenie was earlier. Are you Greenie in disguise?

To triumphantly prove that my point of view is correct, I pluck a random fact from the air (a technique I believe you are familiar with and are, evidentially a skilled practitioner of.)
    Average attendance at Welling last year was 667, a 14% drop on previous year.

Ta daaa.

PS I love the fact that in your quest to troll you have actually had to take the time to look up rugby club attendances. Top trollwork fella - keep up the rugby research!
  • Blimey youre right I'm completely wrong Rugby must be Much Much More popular than rubbish old football, their players must be household names, paid fortunes and kids everywhere must be wearing replica rugby kit. Im sorry that I have been wasting my time looking at a football forum rather than a obviously more superior Rugby forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Ok knock yourself out. Sorry I spoilt your fun.
  • edited October 2015
    Halix said:

Blimey youre right I'm completely wrong Rugby must be Much Much More popular than rubbish old football, their players must be household names, paid fortunes and kids everywhere must be wearing replica rugby kit. Im sorry that I have been wasting my time looking at a football forum rather than a obviously more superior Rugby forum.

At what point has ANYONE said rugby is more popular than football?
    Or that football is rubbish?
    Or that rugby players are household names?

Apart from these points and all the other nonsense you've written, your argument is sound, spot on and not from the imagination of a troll at all.

n fact the only thing you've written that makes sense is
    ''Blimey youre right I'm completely wrong''

What are you on, Mr Trollmeister?
  • edited October 2015
    Bit obsessed with the word troll aren't you? All I started out saying was I felt the World Cup had been going on too long and could have been over quicker, and it was you who took a pop at me and questioned my right to mention this. It was also you who mentioned Wellings attendances with a triumphant tadaa because you had scored a comparison point. Fair enough.

I stand by my original post that the tournament in my view is over long and hasnt gripped the public, as tv audiences show, I didnt think that was particularly controversial and there is no need to be so aggressive. Hope you enjoy the rest of the tournament.
  • tbh, i dont 'get' rugby- it just seems like 10 mins of flowing passing and running, and 70 mins of scrums and physios coming on (whilst the game is going on). Also, i dont 'get' grown men doing some stupid dance poking their tongues out before a game - it does the game no credit whatsoever.
    you either get it or you dont.
  • Halix said:

Bit obsessed with the word troll aren't you? All I started out saying was I felt the World Cup had been going on too long and could have been over quicker, and it was you who took a pop at me and questioned my right to mention this. It was also you who mentioned Wellings attendances with a triumphant tadaa because you had scored a comparison point. Fair enough.

I stand by my original post that the tournament in my view is over long and hasnt gripped the public, as tv audiences show, I didnt think that was particularly controversial and there is no need to be so aggressive. Hope you enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Whooooooooooosh
  • Almost exactly the same move Boris made when playing in a football match...obviously a one-trick pony!!

http://youtu.be/YO9F6BDffx4
  • edited October 2015
    https://youtu.be/6H3ytL0lh0U

He's more than a one trick pony.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://youtu.be/6H3ytL0lh0U

He's more than a one trick pony.

One of those Tory "wets" we used to hear about :smile:
  • Looks like Welsh wife has just invested in 2 tickets for the Twickers game on Saturday....
  • Perhaps, I have been missing something, but after four weeks of this tedious tournament, there have only been two decent games in terms of competitiveness - England v Wales and Japan v South Africa. The only thing I like about it is that fans of opposing nations seem to be able to stand side by side.
  • Perhaps, I have been missing something, but after four weeks of this tedious tournament, there have only been two decent games in terms of competitiveness - England v Wales and Japan v South Africa. The only thing I like about it is that fans of opposing nations seem to be able to stand side by side.

Did you not see the Scotland v Samoa game?
  • Or Wales v Australia or Ireland v France.
  • Hoping for all Southern Hemisphere semi finals but would expect Ireland to get through.
  • four crackers this weekend when the tournament REALLY starts