Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• I've got a few rugby heads on my Facebook and although I want England to win at all sports is quite funny to see their reaction.

They are the types who when our footballers fuck up they are very quick to question their pride and passion, which we all know is complete bollocks.

Just like the rugby team it comes down to individual errors, poor coaching and tactics.
  • TelMc32 said:

I'm an Irishman, but certainly not crowing about England crashing out. It's been a great tournament so far. Despite some of the ticket prices, there have been some great attendances and a brilliant atmosphere at the games and it would have been all the richer had England at least made it to the quarter-finals.

I'd say that this isn't the time to micro-analyse and pull the team apart. Enjoy putting on a great tournament and give some time to think it through.

That said, sounds like there's a press conference slated for 10am and Lancaster could be stepping down.

let's hope so .. if not he should be sacked along with his coaching (so rumour has it) staff
    Definitely but they should wait until the WC has finished.

• for me Oz played really well, and we should not of lost against wales, that was ours to throw away where as Oz just outplayed us. for me now would like new Zealand to win it as Dan carters last wc or Ireland due to family and my mrs.
  • I'll be supporting Wales now due to family links there, but I think that means I'll just be disappointed twice!!
  • I'll be supporting Wales now due to family links there, but I think that means I'll just be disappointed twice!!

Wales will lose against Australia next week, then play S Africa in the QF. So will last a week longer than England!

I also have Welsh family but will be taking the Andy Murray stance and supporting whoever Wales are playing.
  • It's nout down to passion and pride as to the reason we're out, it was etched on their face but then too much of it can be your own downfall and force you into very minor, (or at times in which we saw against Wales..) very major errors/unthought out decisions driven from wanting glory.

As Japan's super respectable performance so far in the RWC shows, nothing beats an insane training regime and a lot of time together as a squad, they had I believe 4 months at a training camp together before this World Cup. The second they stepped onto that pitch they looked like they were doing a job, a job they'd be training 3 times daily (first at 5.30am) for.

Should be a good WC regardless of England being in or out. We always flail on the big stage, it's an English thing.
  • PL54 said:

I'll be supporting Wales now due to family links there, but I think that means I'll just be disappointed twice!!

I also have Welsh family but will be taking the Andy Murray stance and supporting whoever Wales are playing.
    This annoys me when people say this about Andy Murray (and the Scottish in general) It's just the English we hate...
  • PL54 said:

I'll be supporting Wales now due to family links there, but I think that means I'll just be disappointed twice!!

This annoys me when people say this about Andy Murray (and the Scottish in general) It's just the English we hate...
    Fortunately with my surname I can easily switch sides so I still have a team in the WC - come on you sweaties!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    Samoa v Scotland

Great game 26 -23 still not H/T.
  • Watching the sweaties sweat
  • Finished 36-33 to Scotland.
  • Aussie defence is immense. 2 men down, but you wouldn't know it. Brutal, enthralling game.
  • Aus 12-6 with 2 men in the bin. Some great defending from them.
  • Great game of rugby. Aussie defence is outstanding.
  • That was impressive defence, both teams were desperate to play Scotland next week!
  • FFS just said on ITV news" Scotland's Braves embarrass England by going through" !!!!
    So did the English , Welsh and NI football teams " embarrass " the Scots last week then ?
  • FFS just said on ITV news" Scotland's Braves embarrass England by going through" !!!!
    So did the English , Welsh and NI football teams " embarrass " the Scots last week then ?

No Scotland embarrass themselves.
  • Had a ticket for the game, but had to bow out due to family bereavement. Watched the game in Cork, and think it's one of the finest examples of defending I've ever seen. Wales, could still have had it but choked. At the end everyone in the bar was applauding both teams.

If Australia win the final, then it will be down to the last 20 mind of this game.

Stunning
  • Sponsored links:

• Why are miked refs no longer broadcast? Forward passes by top Nations going unpunished are making the tournament a joke. Push the rules against close opponents is one thing but against amateurs it is cheating. ITV coverage is ignoring these incidents.

Scotland vs Samoa. Scotland knock on but potential breakaway so guy makes 2nd intentional knock on to prevent it. Ref gives scrum to Samoa rather then pen and yellow. Why.? Similar in next game ref binns him. Correct. Last Scotland try Laidlaw looked to have fumbled pick up and knocked on but tv didn't show try from that angle until after match.

I have never played rugby but have enjoyed the spectacle until this biased tournament.
  • So true HG.
    Shocking decisions in the Scotland game have pushed Japan out.
    Deliberate knock on and the knock on for Scotland's final try were so obvious, why didn't the TV ref intervene?
    Astonishing, unfair and does more to turn otherwise pro rugby fans off the game than anything else.
  • Argentina are looking VERY good .. like their footballers, the players are talented, aggressive yet subtle and play with a lot of skill and that little bit of arrogance.
    The other group C qualifiers are New Zealand. France play Ireland later today, the winners play Argentina, the losers, New Zealand .. two VERY good games in the offing. Right now I would fancy Argentina for a semi-final place .. we will see
  • Jesus, that was a battle, great team effort, big lose the three going off injuried.
  • Thought yesterday with the aussies was good. Ireland proved they can play efficient intelligent rugby. I honestly believe the can get to the final am in youghal atm . Not a sad person in sight
  • dogpat65 said:

Thought yesterday with the aussies was good. Ireland proved they can play efficient intelligent rugby. I honestly believe the can get to the final am in youghal atm . Not a sad person in sight

If we beat the Poles later, might as well have tomorrow as a bank holiday.
  • edited October 2015

dogpat65 said:

Thought yesterday with the aussies was good. Ireland proved they can play efficient intelligent rugby. I honestly believe the can get to the final am in youghal atm . Not a sad person in sight

If we beat the Poles later, might as well have tomorrow as a bank holiday.
    Good thinking, you've given me an idea. Given how shit England were / are, I'm going to have a weak off in mourning.
  • Huge game from Ireland. The French said they'd target Sexton & they were certainly true to their word. To lose him, O'Connell & O'Mahoney and still boss the game, especially throughout the 2nd half was a great effort.

Argentina certainly won't be easy. They've been playing regularly now against the big 3 Southern Hemisphere guys and their game has improved considerably, from a very good level already.

Should be another brilliant atmosphere in the Millenium next Sunday.
  • TelMc32 said:

Huge game from Ireland. The French said they'd target Sexton & they were certainly true to their word. To lose him, O'Connell & O'Mahoney and still boss the game, especially throughout the 2nd half was a great effort.

Argentina certainly won't be easy. They've been playing regularly now against the big 3 Southern Hemisphere guys and their game has improved considerably, from a very good level already.

Should be another brilliant atmosphere in the Millenium next Sunday.

An excellent, courageous performance by the Irish today.

I hope the three injured players will be fit for the quarter final but O'Connell's injury looked bad.

Argentina are no mugs but on paper a winnable match for Ireland.
  • If anyone has Wales SA tickets they don't need or want then please let me know.

Cheers.