Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Options

Always liked Mike Brown, solid player you can always rely on. A bit like another Brown who won't let you down...

With all respect due to our Stevie, Mike Brown is well above that. Fantastic player.
  • Options
    Me and Charltondave are off to see France v Italy tonight, looking forward to that. But my highlight will come over the next two Saturday's when we got the pleasure (hopefully it will be) of seeing England v Wales then England v Australia oh and thanks sky for moving the Fulham match to Sunday so we can see that as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Really enjoyed that game

England patchy bit give credit to Fiji, great performance from them. They were out on their feet by 70 mins.

Don't see any real issue with a 40 minute half lasting 50 with the TMO referrals. Ha ITV mugs, spend a year building up to the RWC and then complaining the game lasts a bit longer. Logic?

MOTM was Nadolo, he was superb. Bosh

Nadolo and mates could beat Wales as the taffs are missing many of their top men.

The TMO referrals for a Try or serious foul play is fair enough but when the touch judge saw the English player's over zealous arm around the neck, it was a foul but
    that really didn't need to go for review as it was quite clearly a foul but not a yellow card. a couple of minutes were wasted when the touch judge's word should've been good enough.

• Options
    Don't like the game at all, not interested
  • Options
    on the evidence of this game it seems as though the referees are looking for a contactless game .. the video/off the field officials carry out the same roles as the many judges and umpires in gridiron football, these games are so important to the countries concerned that getting it right is essential ..

A decent start for England, helped by a greasy ball .. I hope that conditions in the remaining games are perfect when the (rather disappointing) Fijians can show their talents and give the Welsh and Aussies a right good shagging .. we will see
  • Options

on the evidence of this game it seems as though the referees are looking for a contactless game .. the video/off the field officials carry out the same roles as the many judges and umpires in gridiron football, these games are so important to the countries concerned that getting it right is essential ..

A decent start for England, helped by a greasy ball .. I hope that conditions in the remaining games are perfect when the (rather disappointing) Fijians can show their talents and give the Welsh and Aussies a right good shagging .. we will see

Irish bloke behind me last night seemed to think England should have walloped Fiji, and were pretty pathetic not to have done better. He reckoned they would be walked all over by Wales and the Aussies. I think he may have been another bitter one though?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    No point risking injuries or over-stretching yourself against a guaranteed win, given Fiji were also fresh and are heavy-hitters. I imagine they are saving themselves for Australia and Wales. Hopefully it won't go down to points difference and England ought to be looking to beat both Wales and Australia instead of beating one out of two and then hoping to limp through on points.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    For those not sure of the rules!

https://youtu.be/vKgV8Go9t3o
  • Options

What a load of wank. You have to wait three minutes to find out if you've scored a goal.

But at least you know it's the correct decision
  • Options
    I'm already sick of "World in Union" though!

I know it's the official World Cup song, but do they have to use it for everything?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was an entertaining game, which went pretty much as expected. Fiji are a big, technically good side but they lack the fitness and strength in depth of the major nations. Early missed penalties and "that (no) try" cost them a better platform to work from. Always going to run out of steam by the 65/70 minute mark.

England looked good, in particular Mike Brown. Conditions weren't great, but they'll need to be wary of so many penalties in the rest of their tournament. Better teams will punish them a lot more.

Enjoyed the opening ceremony and a cracking atmosphere, at the start of the game especially.
  • Options

I'm already sick of "World in Union" though!

I know it's the official World Cup song, but do they have to use it for everything?

agreed .. and the screeching version used by ITV at every break ?! ....f f s give it a rest .. and as for the four word anthem S L S C .. what a fucking dirge .. pissed bank clerks and third fifteen props think they're picking cotton down on the plantation .. find a new song boys or shut t f up .. RANT OVER ((:>)
  • Options
    What the hell is happening with South Africa v Japan ???
  • Options

No easy games in the World Cup.
  • Options
    Japan putting in a hell of an effort.

Best game so far.
  • Options
    This is incredible, and I dont even particularly like Rugby!
  • Options
    Wow!!!
  • Options
    What an amazing result and thoroughly deserved win for Japan. Brilliant, brilliant game.
  • Options
    Ave that
  • Options
    Unbelievable

What a game, not just for fat blokes ;)

Well done Japan. Superb
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sensational
  • Options

I'm not a massive fan & didn't know the game was on, so turned over to have a look.

Great finish. I presume that was akin to Japan beating Germany in the football World Cup.
  • Options
    OMG that was brilliant - fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!
  • Options
    Well done Japan

All those stunned Saffers watching as well :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I'm not a massive fan & didn't know the game was on, so turned over to have a look.

Great finish. I presume that was akin to Japan beating Germany in the football World Cup.
    At the very least. Probably too much of a stretch to say San Marino but you get the picture.

• Options
    Japan are one of the few nations outside of the big 10 and the Polynesians who take their rugby seriously. I'd fancy them against Italy or Scotland on their day.
  • Options
    That was some result, good for them
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Japan are one of the few nations outside of the big 10 and the Polynesians who take their rugby seriously. I'd fancy them against Italy or Scotland on their day.

That day, of course, will be Wednesday.