Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Options
    Probably beyond Japan now... 24-10 with 20 minutes to play.
  • Options
    Yep think that could be that.

Japan could get the bonus point for losing by less than 7.
  • Options
    Great try.
  • Options
    29-10, chance for a Scotland bonus point now.
  • Options
    And they got it. Big try there as well, he cut through the defence so easy.
  • Options
    Scoreline flattering the jocks big time, poor kicking/decision making by the japanese costing them big time
  • Options
    45-10 final score.
  • Options
    That's embarrassing for the Springboks. Scotland setting themselves up nicely for at least 2nd place in that group.
  • Options
    Australia beat Fiji but no bonus point which could help England or Wales.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

That's embarrassing for the Springboks. Scotland setting themselves up nicely for at least 2nd place in that group.

No, it is shocking for the World Cup Organisers.

Dreadful, shameful timing between games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was at the France Romania game instead of, well you know what, tonight. Not exactly a tense contest, but Romania were very competitive for the first 30 minutes until they had a player sinbinned
  • Options
    As expected England go for a power based game plan:

Eng XV v Wales: Brown, Watson, Barritt, Burgess, May; Farrell, B Youngs; Marler, T Youngs, Cole; Parling, Lawes; Wood, Robshaw (c), B Vunipola

Replacements: Webber, M Vunipola, Brookes, Launchbury, Haskell, Wigglesworth, Ford, Goode.

Fingers crossed it comes off.
  • Options
    not strictly rugby world cup, but im at the Cardiff game on sat is there any chance on making the 17.25 back? if we leave on the final whistle, also any pubs in the vicinity of Paddington that are good for the match as if all goes well should be there at around 19.40ish
  • Options

Australia beat Fiji but no bonus point which could help England or Wales.

Shame I didn't see the Irish bloke who was panning England's result against Fiji again.
  • Options
    Wales cheating already I see
  • Options
    The Haka

And that is why Rugby is a great game
  • Options

not strictly rugby world cup, but im at the Cardiff game on sat is there any chance on making the 17.25 back? if we leave on the final whistle, also any pubs in the vicinity of Paddington that are good for the match as if all goes well should be there at around 19.40ish

It's tight, but if you hurry you should get back to the station by 5;25. I imagine lots of pub around Paddington will be showing the rugby, the station pub is, the Mad Bishop & Bear, which is upstairs
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    PL54 said:

The Haka

I love seeing the Haka but every team should have a version.

I guess with the English team, it would involve dropping the shorts and telling Jonny foreigner where to go. Not sure if the shorts would be dropped on the 5th or 6th phase; while singing, swing low.

• Options
    Kiwis walked it
  • Options
    Football could learn so much from the discipline of rugby - players really can't piss off the referees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec
    PL54 said:

The Haka

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyEa4z2Ec

PL54 said:

The Haka

Intimidating.
  • Options
    What's shocking is how different the players looked back then, when you compare them to the modern pumped up 110% professional giants in their stretchy figure hugging kit. I'm sure one of the All Black players was the dad in the OXO adverts!
  • Options
    That clip from 1973 looks like a scene out of Father Ted.
  • Options
    that is hilarious the haka from 1973.

on a side note, I thought the OS looked pretty good and managed to disguise the fact there's a running track there pretty well
  • Options
    It's the big one tomorrow night and I will be there with my dad(charltonkerry) can't wait for it. I'm sure it will be a great night and that England can win :)
  • Options
    Yes looking forward to it, although getting nervous, hope we can get an English double over the Welsh.
  • Options

It's the big one tomorrow night and I will be there with my dad(charltonkerry) can't wait for it. I'm sure it will be a great night and that England can win :)

Jealous! Enjoy it, and hopefully you see us win!
  • Options
    Believe it or not there is absolutely no mention of the Rugby World Cup in the sports papers over here in California. Not even a sentence. And the US are in it. :smiley:

However, it is on PPV. So I've forked out the $36.95 for tomorrow's game. Now, show up England.
  • Options
    In honour of St George the choice of takeaway is Turkish.

By which I mean kebab.

Dirt.

I hope we don't freeze and really take it to them. The Welsh will be very up for it.