Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• The kick was a tough one. If he had missed it, then Robshaw would have been slaughtered if England hadn't gone on to win

Agree, he was on a hiding to nothing.
    But if you go for the line out then surely better to go long where you won't be pushed into touch. Gatland said his boys had second guessed what England would do.

Taking Sam Burgess off and replacing with ford at 25-18 up when he had made more tackles in the backline than anyone else was the strange decision,

Halfpenny and Hanson and now Biggar scoring from the half way line with vital kicks to win games for wales. Their spirit is fantastic.

England snatched defeat from the Jaws of victory.

• Ah well, at least we have a second chance against the Aussies.
  • This just makes the next England match all the tastier.
  • I do have to question the thought process of the 6 tracksuit wearing lager-swilling muppets who sat behind me. They clearly did not know the rules, this was their first outing at Twickers and had likely never gone to a rugby match before. They had spent over a thousand on tickets between them and for what? To swear at the players and other fans and then moan that the other fans weren't as drunk or rowdy as they were (they kept screaming at the 'Barbour jacket wankers' who they thought were ruining their match experience by not being as loud and rowdy as they were). They left 5 minutes before the end waving wanker signs at any Welsh fans they could see on their way out. Ridiculous.
  • When England are bad, there is always the Scots to laugh at

He who laughs last.
  • edited September 2015
    Unlucky from Zebo.
  • edited September 2015
    So many unpunished forward passes (2nd? Irish try) not picked up by refs or TV. Usually by rated sides, devalues the tournament for me. Also the dichotomy of not rolling away from a tackle or holding on seems inconsistent. 4th and 5th Irish try also looked forward.

He who laughs last.
    Didn't really get the joke? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Well what a gutting result.

Credit to the Welsh for sticking in there, and Dan Biggar was class. But really we threw that away. The substitutions changed the game (I know some were forced), with the worst decision being the Ford for Burgess one. From that moment on the Welsh were getting over the gainline and got some real momentum.

Brave call from Robshaw at the end, but I think his thinking was all wrong. He needed to think of the bigger picture as really after getting a bonus point against Fiji getting a draw would not have been a bad result and we'd still be in the driving seat ahead of the Welsh.

What a game in store on Saturday now. A little worried though as the Aussies have looked pretty handy so far.

For what it's worth Id go for a midfield of Ford, Burgess, Joseph (or Slade if still not fit) as although Farrell had a great game on Saturday, we need to different kind of game plan to really take the game to the Aussies.
  • billy vunipola replaced by nick Easter due to injury.

brawn replaced by brain

James Hook also called up as a replacement by Wales, a good day for some of the older players
  • Am just planning the weekend's viewing. How have South Africa got seven points? Isn't it 4 points for the win against Samoa + 1 bonus point + 1 bonus point for losing to Japan by less than 7 points = 6?
  • Am just planning the weekend's viewing. How have South Africa got seven points? Isn't it 4 points for the win against Samoa + 1 bonus point + 1 bonus point for losing to Japan by less than 7 points = 6?

Did they get 4 trys losing to Japan?

Did they get 4 trys losing to Japan?
    Yes. They got 2 bonus points against Japan
  • From the website, it says '4 points for a win, two for a draw. A bonus point is awarded for scoring four tries or for a defeat by seven points or less'. They lost to Japan. Even if you get 2 points for scoring 8 tries, as it doesn't say 'bonus point is awarded for scoring four or more tires' and they didn't score 8 against Samoa
  • edited September 2015
    Ah, I see now. They scored 4 tries and still lost - doh! Sorry, didn't read answer properly!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah, I see now. They scored 4 tries and still lost - doh! Sorry, didn't read answer properly!

Yup exactly! They managed to achieve the relatively rare feat of getting the try scoring bonus but also the losing bonus in the same game!
  • Come on Fiji...and why is the Rugby World Cup 2015 in England being played in Wales anyway.

Should have made them play in Newcastle.
  • PL54 said:

Come on Fiji...and why is the Rugby World Cup 2015 in England being played in Wales anyway.

agreed ..
  • Team to play Australia on Saturday ..., I am making no comment whatsoever, except to say all the very best chaps and WIN despite the awful management team 'behind' you all:

England: Mike Brown; Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Brad Barritt, Jonny May, Owen Farrell, Ben Youngs; Joe Marler, Tom Youngs, Dan Cole, Joe Launchbury, Geoff Parling, Tom Wood, Chris Robshaw, Ben Morgan.

Replacements: Rob Webber, Mako Vunipola, Kieran Brookes, George Kruis, Nick Easter, Richard Wigglesworth, George Ford, Sam Burgess
  • PL54 said:

Come on Fiji...and why is the Rugby World Cup 2015 in England being played in Wales anyway.

Agreed, they aren't hosts of the World Cup. By all means have games in Wales, but not Wales playing there with home advantage
  • 7-3 and Fiji missed a pen.
  • I think Fiji can turn them over.
  • PL54 said:

Agreed, they aren't hosts of the World Cup. By all means have games in Wales, but not Wales playing there with home advantage
    Don't worry lads, the Welsh are wearing their away kit.
  • Fiji just scored a great try. 17-13 50 mins.