Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2015

Comments

• Options
    PL54 said:

In honour of St George the choice of takeaway is Turkish.

By which I mean kebab.

Dirt.

I hope we don't freeze and really take it to them. The Welsh will be very up for it.

As in because kebab meat is so questionable it could well be dragon meat?
  • Options
    Can't believe this result...
  • Options
    Worst sporting weekend ever.
  • Options
    Crazy. Take the kick and take the draw.
  • Options
    How the hell did they win that. England were superior in nearly every dept.
  • Options
    Lose to Australia and we're out. Brilliant.
  • Options
    Wales 2 England 0 :-(
  • Options
    Utter shite from England. Bottled it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So sloppy from England.

Was tempted by 3-1 on Wales earlier today as thought they were overpriced but didn't go for it. Damn.
  • Options
    What a shit day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have taken the 3 points too at the end - brave I guess but a draw was a decent result having got the bonus point v Fiji.
  • Options
    Bullshit
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Except points.
  • Options
    Very poor last 25 minutes
  • Options

Should have taken the 3 points too at the end - brave I guess but a draw was a decent result having got the bonus point v Fiji.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    Crazy decision not to take the kick near the end and a few too many silly penalties given away.
  • Options
    We had to go for the touch kick and try at the end, but the fact is we should never have been in the position were we had to. Out before Scotland, shite
  • Options
    This is the only positive of the day. Come on Wales.
  • Options
    England fell apart at 60 mins and Wales took advantage and deserved to win. England simply failed to capitalise when they had advantages. Either way England need a big win against Oz to stand any chance of qualifying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was at a 40th party and rugby was on TV without sound so hard to follow properly. Why did we not take the three points towards the end? Did they really sub Burgess for Ford?
  • Options
    The epitome of the cliche defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Even fanatical Welsh fans will know in their heart of hearts that they got away with that one. Credit to them for not crumbling though and keeping themselves in contention.
  • Options

Not sure I agree with that. Wales deserved to win. England just folded in the final 30 minutes. A shambles from them all round in that period and Wales' try near the end was pure class.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side. You didn't have to watch it in a pub with a dozen Irishmen cheering Wales and then singing "rebel" songs afterwards. Then when someone took umbrage one of them wanting to take on the world. Luckily the main guy telling them to bottle it was a Welshman. My "home nations" stance is beginning to wear a bit thin when it comes to the emerald isle I can tell you...
  • Options
    Too many penalties allowed Wales to keep in the game. Some ill judged acts - that late tackle by Farrell in the Wales 22 giving them the penalty when we would have had the ball was a big moment for me. England can beat Australia though so it isn't over until the fat lady sings.
  • Options
    The Australia Wales scrum is going to look like a bag of marshmallows
  • Options

We had to go for the touch kick and try at the end, but the fact is we should never have been in the position were we had to. Out before Scotland, shite

Why ?

What is so bad getting a draw against Wales ?

Farrell kicks had been superb all night just like the MOM Biggar(7 out of 7)
    so had a 75% chance of nailing the wide kick.
    The guy throwing was another sub who wasn't looking too confident on his last throw from the other side. They would have been better throwing long and then if not a try, a pen in front of the posts or a drop goal from Farrell or Ford.

It seemed that the welsh boys knew we would throw the ball short at the final line out, and decided on the big push into touch.

Even thou some of the subs were because of injuries to England,
    Was Ford sent on to appease him because Farrell started ?

The very nature of Rugby at this level, is the players are so pumped up.
    This must be the reason that so many pens were given away on both sides.
    When there's so little between the teams the Captain who makes the most right calls wins the match.

Warburton won on points over Robshaw.

• Options

Too many penalties allowed Wales to keep in the game. Some ill judged acts - that late tackle by Farrell in the Wales 22 giving them the penalty when we would have had the ball was a big moment for me. England can beat Australia though so it isn't over until the fat lady sings.

I'd forgotten about that - agreed, it was really daft.
  • Options

Why ?

What is so bad getting a draw against Wales ?

Farrell kicks had been superb all night just like the MOM Biggar(7 out of 7)
    so had a 75% chance of nailing the wide kick.
    The guy throwing was another sub who wasn't looking too confident on his last throw from the other side. They would have been better throwing long and then if not a try, a pen in front of the posts or a drop goal from Farrell or Ford.

It seemed that the welsh boys knew we would throw the ball short at the final line out, and decided on the big push into touch.

Even thou some of the subs were because of injuries to England,
    Was Ford sent on to appease him because Farrell started ?

The very nature of Rugby at this level, is the players are so pumped up.
    This must be the reason that so many pens were given away on both sides.
    When there's so little between the teams the Captain who makes the most right calls wins the match.

Warburton won on points over Robshaw.

Because a draw would almost certainly mean we would still have to beat the Aussies to qualify. The kick would have been right on the touchline and not a guaranteed 3pts.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    The kick was a tough one. If he had missed it, then Robshaw would have been slaughtered if England hadn't gone on to win