Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evans back at SUFC (agreed terms with Oldham p.25)

Comments

• Options
    This should OFCOM about 5 minutes to send the email to Viacom (C5 parent company) and tell them to hit the breaks. Potential for a whacking big fine here, and for sponsors and advertisers to walk away
  • Options
    Shame on 5.
  • Options

My guess is they've released the fact she's being considered on the sly for the press it'll generate, they hope it will make everyone remember Big Brother exists and is on soon, then they'll release a,statement saying she won't get on it.

Which is still disgusting.

• Options

My guess is they've released the fact she's being considered on the sly for the press it'll generate, they hope it will make everyone remember Big Brother exists and is on soon, then they'll release a,statement saying she won't get on it.

Which is still disgusting.

I completely agree.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

IA said:

Just read online, she is going to use her time on the show, to convince the public her brother is innocent.

Isn't that what his court case, his appeal, his website and his campaigners & sockpuppets on social media are supposed to do?

Why are his whole family so eager to be defined by this trial & conviction?
    At a guess I would assume they think he is innocent......why else would they waste their time and reputations?
    I understand they think he's innocent.

What I'm saying is I love my family to bits, but I don't think I would go out of my way to appear on reality TV to be identified as a relative if one of them were convicted of a crime. Even if I thought they were innocent. His sister, his father-in-law, his wife/girlfriend - they seem desperate to get attention as part of the story of this trial & conviction.

They can love Ched Evans, they can believe he's innocent, they can think he's the greatest person in the world, but they don't have to go all over TV & internet to do that.
  • Options
    If this is true and it's got a serious chance of actually happening, then c5 will be fukd, it's revenue from advertising will be hit hard I mean who or what business would want their name on a channel that does that

Who or what company would be a main advertising partner for the show, the girl would also be ruinning her own life because right now no one really knows who she is and someone would target her as a way to get at evans,

It Is ill advised to say the least and down right disrespectful and irresponsible and needs to be stopped before it becomes a whole lot worse for all involved

In can not believe that anyone that is associated with evans and his trying to rebuild his football career can think this will help his cause

When will the penny drop that if he is to have any chance to rebuild a football career he and his associates need to be silent until the review is heard await the outcome and then deal with the cards that are dealt from there

It just shows that the morality of all of evans and his associates are that of someone who wishes to control and manipulate all of which are traits of a sex offender and only build the picture that he is a no good filthy nonce who should just crawl away from society
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is laughable. I am actually not that surprised that is the saddest thing of all.
  • Options
    Horrible in every way shape and form
  • Options

I'd say this is believable, but that it's also possible that they've released this to gauge the public reaction before making a decision.

If either of these are true, it's still pretty grim.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The footballer Ched Evans is to have his rape conviction reviewed by the Court of Appeal.

The Wales football international was jailed for five years in 2012 after being found guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman at a hotel near Rhyl.

The 26-year-old was released last year after serving half of his sentence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its taken a long time to finally decide to allow the appeal .His lawyers have apparently submitted "new " evidence.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Its taken a long time to finally decide to allow the appeal .His lawyers have apparently submitted "new " evidence.

Just seen the news the reckon with the new evidence they will get his conviction quashed,

what a load of bullshit
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Just seen the news the reckon with the new evidence they will get his conviction quashed,

what a load of bullshit
    Why is it bullshit? If he is innocent, he is innocent...

I am not saying he is innocent or guilty but everyone has a right to justice.
    They have magically found evidence that was not there during the trial or his appeals during his many appeals
  • Options

what a load of bullshit
    Playing devils advocate here but maybe, just maybe, it really was consensual & he wants to fight to clear his name. I have no idea whether he did it or not but, he has always claimed it was consensual & if new evidence has been found that will clear him, he has every right to fight to clear his name & resume his professional career

I emphasise the 'if' in my statement but he has always claimed his innocence & the fact that he is still fighting to clear his name even after his conviction says to me he's either a very good (or bad) liar or he really isn't a rapist

On the other hand, if he's lying & he really is a rapist, may he burn in hell!!
  • Options

what a load of bullshit
    So if someone is convicted of rape and then cleared, they are still rapists in your eyes are they? OK Paulie
  • Options
    edited October 2015

what a load of bullshit
    I emphasise the 'if' in my statement but he has always claimed his innocence & the fact that he is still fighting to clear his name even after his conviction says to me he's either a very good (or bad) liar or he really isn't a rapist

Or that he doesn't think he raped her but he's wrong.

e.g. He thought he had sone sort of implied consent he didn't and/or she was in no fit state to consent, which I believe was the basis of the conviction.

We shall see.
  • Options
    It is a logical impossibility that only one of the two men were found guilty.

Either Ched Evans and Clayton McDonald are both guilty or they are both innocent.
  • Options

what a load of bullshit

Or that he doesn't think he raped her but he's wrong.

e.g. He thought he had sone sort of implied consent he didn't and/or she was in no fit state to consent, which I believe was the basis of the conviction.

We shall see.
    The guilty verdict was because through alcohol she was found not to be in a state to give consent, so it was never a 100% clear cut case like if he had been hiding in a bush and attacked her, or if she had screamed out no in the bedroom.

At the moment he's still guilty, but you assume the Court of Appeal wouldn't be looking into this unless there was some significant new evidence, as there's not exactly a wave of public opinion demanding he be released.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

'Role Model'

Matthew Syed is right. How can Evans be a role model? It's nonsense. It's up to parents to educate their own children - not to expect them to take examples from sportspeople. Most children get their examples from what they see and hear in their own lives, not from what is reported to have happened at 3am on a Saturday night somewhere. They get their examples from their parents, close relatives, school teachers, other children at school etc - people who they come into contact with. The only real example they get from professional footballers is what happens on the pitch. In that respect it can be argued that Suarez is a worse role model than Evans.

Even if a footballer can be perceived as a role model then surely he'd have to be a top level player. I wouldn't say to my sons if they were keen footballers to take their example from 3rd division players. I'd get them to watch top teams and explain to them what they're doing right or wrong. Who had even heard of Evans before this happened? How many other members of the Sheff Utd team could those that argue abour role models name?

I have JimmyMelrose as my name on here and I 'loved' him when I was 14/15 years old. If he'd have raped someone however, do you really think that it would have influenced my behaviour? I would more likely have been disappointed in him and rejected him.

My two boys play tennis and their role models are the coaches at their club. They couldn't even tell you who's won the Grand Slams this year. I think people over-estimate the influence of professional sportspeople. Children are not stupid.

Either Ched Evans and Clayton McDonald are both guilty or they are both innocent.

Nope.

The woman went back to the hotel with McDonald, at some point Evans showed up. It's quite within the realms of possibility that McDonald left with her drunk and passed out and Evans preceded to rape her. They weren't all doing it at the same time lol.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

what a load of bullshit
    Why is it bullshit? If he is innocent, he is innocent...

I am not saying he is innocent or guilty but everyone has a right to justice.
    They have magically found evidence that was not there during the trial or his appeals during his many appeals
    so new evidence can't be found then? What a load of tosh, evidence is often found a lot later on. Not saying he is innocent/guilty, but to label it bullshit knowing very little facts is the bullshit.
  • Options

No way is this a "logical impossibility"
  • Options

'Role Model'

Matthew Syed is right. How can Evans be a role model? It's nonsense. It's up to parents to educate their own children - not to expect them to take examples from sportspeople. Most children get their examples from what they see and hear in their own lives, not from what is reported to have happened at 3am on a Saturday night somewhere. They get their examples from their parents, close relatives, school teachers, other children at school etc - people who they come into contact with. The only real example they get from professional footballers is what happens on the pitch. In that respect it can be argued that Suarez is a worse role model than Evans.

Even if a footballer can be perceived as a role model then surely he'd have to be a top level player. I wouldn't say to my sons if they were keen footballers to take their example from 3rd division players. I'd get them to watch top teams and explain to them what they're doing right or wrong. Who had even heard of Evans before this happened? How many other members of the Sheff Utd team could those that argue abour role models name?

I have JimmyMelrose as my name on here and I 'loved' him when I was 14/15 years old. If he'd have raped someone however, do you really think that it would have influenced my behaviour? I would more likely have been disappointed in him and rejected him.

My two boys play tennis and their role models are the coaches at their club. They couldn't even tell you who's won the Grand Slams this year. I think people over-estimate the influence of professional sportspeople. Children are not stupid.

Nope.

The woman went back to the hotel with McDonald, at some point Evans showed up. It's quite within the realms of possibility that McDonald left with her drunk and passed out and Evans preceded to rape her. They weren't all doing it at the same time lol.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but there was very little time distance between Clayton turning up and Evans turning up. Seems a logical impossibility to me.

Of course it is her word against theirs. She claims not to remember a thing, and both Clayton and Ched say they are innocent.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if his conviction is quashed.
  • Options

'Role Model'

Nope.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there was very little time distance between Clayton turning up and Evans turning up. Seems a logical impossibility to me.

Of course it is her word against theirs. She claims not to remember a thing, and both Clayton and Ched say they are innocent.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if his conviction is quashed.
    McDonald "turned up" at the pub/club. There were then drinks, food and taxi long before Evans walked in.

Not saying McDonald was alright but there is a difference between the two.
  • Options
    Let's just wait and see what the evidence is and how the court view it. Their take on it, as well as Evans and the other parties involved, are the only ones that really matter. Anything else is just speculation/guess work
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Let's just wait and see what the evidence is and how the court view it. Their take on it, as well as Evans and the other parties involved, are the only ones that really matter. Anything else is just speculation/guess work

The have viewed it, as has a jury, they decided it is possible one can be guilty whilst the other innocent.

Perhaps the CoA will overturn that decision, we shall see.
  • Options

So when a girl agrees to sleep with a bloke, she's potentially agreeing to all his mates too?
    No, but if she's too drunk to consent to one how can she consent to another ?

That's the thing that's always seemed odd about this conviction, it's not about whether she did or didn't consent, only she knows that and she can't remember. It's was ruled she didn't have the capacity to consent to Evans because she was so drunk so how did she have the capacity to consent to McDonald moments earlier ?
  • Options
    What I dont get is that if a women is too drunk she is deemed unable to consent and is therefore not responsible for her actions. But then a drunk man has to be responsible for his actions (rightly so) and effectively for the female concerned too. I.e. a drunk man has to make a decision as to whether the drunk women is actually too drunk to consent? That seems a little confusing to me.