Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England ODI Series

Comments

• Options
    SL 6-1 rain stopped play, not due back for at least a couple of hours.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Riviera said:

How can you get the right team mentality when one of the senior coaches is Mark Ramprakash?

he gave such a dreadful interview the other day ...must admit i could have done better myself but on the upside you watch our squad nail it in the dance off

Our batsman should be experts at dancing down the pitch to the spinners...
  • Options
    Might be the only point we'll get in the series if it continues raining.
  • Options
    Back on and Finn gets Dilshan.

30-2 off 5 overs in what is now a 35 over match and SL's score to be adjusted for D/L.
  • Options
    Make that 31-3 and a second for Woakes. Poor shots all three wickets to date.

Perhaps it was correct to pick him.
  • Options
    71-3 off 14 overs.
  • Options
    118-4 off 20.1 overs. Another awful shot, this time by Angelo Matthews off Jordan.
  • Options
    140-4 off 25. 10 overs to go. Time for fireworks.
  • Options
    I do love watching Sangakkara bat, so much control.

I think I would prefer watching him walk back to the dressing room at the moment though!!

He's putting Jordan under pressure here.
  • Options
    Hahahaha. Jordan gets Sangakkara :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    150-5. Sanagakara out for 63 and in the process reaches the 13,000 mark.
  • Options
    Root joins the party and a goodcatch by Finn though again poor execution of a shot from Mendis.

175-5 off 28.4.
  • Options
    Dare I say that this is going to be set up for England to chase the total down for four down with Cook 70 not out and thus guaranteeing his place for the next 10 years in the ODI team.
  • Options
    Wakes gets his third wicket from a bouncer poorly played by Perera though Ali at cow corner to the left hander didn't make the catch look as easy as it should have been in taking it at the second attempt.

202-7 off 31.4
  • Options
    We get a tonking in the last five overs and SL reach 242-8 off 35 at close, with Bopara taking the last wicket to fall.

Revised target is 236 under D/L.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    45 for no loss after 7 overs. Cook struggling with a bad back with 26 off 30 and Ali with 18 (13).
  • Options
    After 10 overs we are 76-0.

Ali batting superbly in scoring 42 off 22 including four 6's. Cook has 33 off 38.
  • Options
    Love Moeen. Just wish Hales was out there with him.
  • Options
    AlFAlF
    edited December 2014
    AA, I just thought I would say hello and break your run of consecutive posts.....
  • Options
    Cook tickles one to Sangakara and is out for 34 off 41.

Score now 84-1 off 11.4 with Ali 49 (28).

I suspect that Cook's back problem will now give the selectors an opportunity to "rest" him for the next ODI.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AlF said:

AA, I just thought I would say hello and break your run of consecutive posts.....

It's OK thanks I'm used to talking myself - Billy No Mates me ;-(
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Love Moeen. Just wish Hales was out there with him.

Didn't take long for you to have that wish granted. Suggest you go and buy yourself a lottery ticket and try wishing you win the Jackpot!

Hales will "bed in" whilst Ali carries on depositing the ball over the boundary.

SL just wasted their review with a silly visit upstairs.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Interesting one that review.

Ali is given not out and they run a single. Umpire signals a leg bye so SL appeal. Review confirms not out because there is an inside edge. But the leg bye stands and Ali's score stays the same.

How does that work? And how furious would you be if you were out for 99?
  • Options
    Ali (58 off39) is run out.

Ali hits the ball to wide mid off who has to dive for the ball. Hales doesn't hear the call and turns his back on Ali who actually manages to run one and a half runs in the time it takes for the ball to reach Sangakara.

103-2 off 15 overs. Root joins Hales.
  • Options

Cook tickles one to Sangakara and is out for 34 off 41.

Score now 84-1 off 11.4 with Ali 49 (28).

I suspect that Cook's back problem will now give the selectors an opportunity to "rest" him for the next ODI.

This might be irrelevant anyway because Cook is in trouble for England having a slow over rate - by 18 minutes!

So the match Ref, David Boon, might suspend him for a game anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Ali (58 off39) is run out.

Ali hits the ball to wide mid off who has to dive for the ball. Hales doesn't hear the call and turns his back on Ali who actually manages to run one and a half runs in the time it takes for the ball to reach Sangakara.

103-2 off 15 overs. Root joins Hales.

What an earth was Hales doing there. There was an easy single there & he left Moeen high and dry. He better go on to win England the match now!

• Options
    115-2 off 17. 121 off 18 required.
  • Options
    Hales is dropped - an absolute sitter ;-)

99 needed off 82.
  • Options
    Sorry folks had to pop out and it seems it's all been happening!!!

166-5 with 70 needed off 48 balls.

Root 26(34) and Buttler 8(10) are in.

Gone are Hales (27), Bopara (6) and Morgan (1).

• Options
    Morgan! Why?