Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England ODI Series

Comments

• Options
    If Cook isn't out for the next game then they have an opportunity to bring Taylor in for Morgan. And if Cook is out they could still do that and bring Bell back too.
  • Options
    180-5. 56 off 6 overs needed.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Morgan! Why?

I know that you're his biggest supporter but I think even you must admit that the time has come for him to have a little rest too and come back fully refreshed.
  • Options
    50 off 5.
  • Options
    . . 4 4 2 . off the over.

40 off 4 needed.

Buttler 30 (27) & Root 34 (41)
  • Options
    6 off first ball from Root but then he hits it straight to cover and is caught - but he's called back for a front foot no ball. And a free hit!!!

33 off 23 needed.
  • Options
    Cracking game this. England actually look like a 1 day team for a change
  • Options
    21 from that over! 19 needed off the last three.
  • Options
    Free hit goes for a single followed by a full toss which Buttler hits for 4, then mishits one off the splice of the bat over mid off for another 4, then squirts one through backward point for yet another 4 and finishes with a single for 21 off the over.

Dare I say game over as a result of that no ball with 19 off 18 required.
  • Options
    . 2 4 4 1 . means Buttler 54 off 36 and Root 41 off 45 and just 8 off the last two overs required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we won one .. downside means that we're stuck with Cap'n Cook for the next 10 years ((:<)
  • Options
    AA good effort with the updates mate, much appreciated!
  • Options
    Cook has had done decent ODIs... For Essex. And Morgan just isn't doing it. Otherwise, we have the making of a team that isn't thoroughly crap
  • Options
    Never heard of a ban for slow over rate before, thought they just got a fine?
  • Options

If Cook isn't out for the next game then they have an opportunity to bring Taylor in for Morgan. And if Cook is out they could still do that and bring Bell back too.

As you inferred Algarve Cook has indeedbeen given a one match ban.

It has happened a number of times before. The captain is, after all, in charge of the tempo they bowl at and a fine to someone like Cook is hardly a deterrent.

And who knows what might happen if Hales and Taylor both get big scores ;-)

Cook will be straight back in that's what ;-(
  • Options

As you inferred Algarve Cook has indeedbeen given a one match ban.

It has happened a number of times before. The captain is, after all, in charge of the tempo they bowl at and a fine to someone like Cook is hardly a deterrent.

And who knows what might happen if Hales and Taylor both get big scores ;-)

Cook will be straight back in that's what ;-(
    You're probably right but let's hope they do both get big scores, put some pressure on the selectors & see what happens. Could be interesting

• Options
    Thanks for the info AA.
  • Options
    AA - thanks for the dialog - couldnt get to see the game due to works Xmas do, but your posts filled in for me.
    Whens next game?
  • Options

AA - thanks for the dialog - couldnt get to see the game due to works Xmas do, but your posts filled in for me.
    Whens next game?

It's on Sunday but you'll have to get up early - it starts at 4.30 a.m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morgan to be stand in skipper ? .. he is in even worse form than Cook
  • Options
    Cook appointed captain for World Cup - oh well, thats us fucked then..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30360587
  • Options

Still time to be a non playing one.

Perhaps the rest of the team could deliberately slow playing in every game from now between now and the World Cup. Then, under the totting up system I've just invented, Cook would be banned for the whole of that tournament.
  • Options

This news made me say some very bad words! My grandmother would be ashamed!
  • Options
    England win the toss and opt to bat.

James Taylor comes in for the suspended Cook. Potentially a very exciting batting line up:

Ali
    Hales
    Taylor
    Root
    Bopara
    Morgan
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Woakes
    Jordan
    Finn

• Options
    Hales plays a loose drive for his second ball and is caught at slip.

5-1.

The sooner they bring Cook back the better ;-(
  • Options
    Taylor looking very nervous. Playing at a lot off the back foot which looks great when it.s flowing but, when it's not, it looks like you're stuck in no man's land.

14-1 off 5.
  • Options
    Can't recall the last time I saw an English batsman make it look quite as easy as Ali is at the moment.

25-1 off 6. Ali 17 (16) & Taylor 6 (19).
  • Options

Can't recall the last time I saw an English batsman make it look quite as easy as Ali is at the moment.

I tell you what I've taken some great wickets in my time but this has to be one of the best ;-(

Second ball Ali receives from Dilshan he gives the bowler the charge and would have been stumped - but for the fact that he nicked it on the way through!

29-2 off 7.2.
  • Options
    Taylor plays the most audacious walking pull over "cow" from outside off for six to the medium pacer Thirimanne.

44-2 off 9. Taylor 21(32) & Root 1(2).