Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Neil Etheridge on loan (ed. Signed on Contract to End of Season)**

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:

I'm not usually one to go on about Twatter, likes, followers etc but does anyone have any idea how he has nearly a quarter of a million followers?! CAFC just retwteeted him and I had to double take. Is it like a Bartlett/Reza situation?

Think it is just a case of like Bartlett and Reza, most of his followers are from his home country

same as Oguchi Onyewu who has 213k
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I'm not usually one to go on about Twatter, likes, followers etc but does anyone have any idea how he has nearly a quarter of a million followers?! CAFC just retwteeted him and I had to double take. Is it like a Bartlett/Reza situation?

Probably due to him playing for the Philippines.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

He's played for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Twice.
  • Options
    Excellent in the air today, dominated and got every decision right. Barely a save to make of note so will reserve judgement on his abilities until after just one game.
  • Options

He's in the English 2nd Tier and is from the Philippines... think he's their second biggest Sports Star behind Manny Pacquiao

Would probably say James (and his brother Phil) Younghusband (former CFC players) were ahead of them, they're heroes for more reasons than football seemingly
  • Options

Would like to see him against Blackburn

Who is laughing now, great performance from him today, came out very well for crosses and a couple of decent saves

want his loan extended, if Henderson does now need surgery he could be out for a while longer and Etheridge is a good replacement
    Could you please explain the flag @000__jaaaaay__000
  • Options
    Talal said:

JaShea99 said:

He's only played once for us!!!
  • Options
    Had a really solid debut and was impressed by decision making.

Took his opportunity so big well done to him.

Did well for a journeyman number 2 goalkeeper
  • Options
    Scoham said:

JaShea99 said:

Probably due to him playing for the Philippines.
    Just had a look at their squad on Wiki and half of their players were born in England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippines_national_football_team#Current_squad
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

You're such an irritating twazzark.

One game does not make or break a player!

Never said it did, my point was everyone was laughing at me for suggesting he should start ahead of Nick Pope, I think he proved today he shoud be
    Fair enough to a degree.

I don't see how after one game where he was largely unchallenged people can assume Etheridge is somehow better than Pope, who is going through a poor touch of form but still makes some great saves!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Never said it did, my point was everyone was laughing at me for suggesting he should start ahead of Nick Pope, I think he proved today he shoud be
    Fair enough to a degree.

I don't see how after one game where he was largely unchallenged people can assume Etheridge is somehow better than Pope, who is going through a poor touch of form but still makes some great saves!
    He hasn't had to make any super stops yet, but his catching, punching and distribution all look much better than Pope's did even when he was in form frankly. Perhaps he will fall out of form but based on his one game and Pope's last three or four... yeah, he's looking the better keeper.
  • Options
    Give him a contract until the end of the season if the Henderson injury is a bad one.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Talal said:

JaShea99 said:

He's only played once for us!!!
    Will be twice come Tuesday, forward thinking.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Fair enough to a degree.

He hasn't had to make any super stops yet, but his catching, punching and distribution all look much better than Pope's did even when he was in form frankly. Perhaps he will fall out of form but based on his one game and Pope's last three or four... yeah, he's looking the better keeper.
    Catching, punching and distribution is what lets most goalkeepers down. Any keeper that isn't a good shot stopper shouldn't be a keeper.
  • Options
    We need this keeper for much longer than 31st December,
    if Henderson is to be out for the rest of the season.
    Good distribution and very clean handling, would be a decent signing!
  • Options

Well I thought he could have made an effort with a dive instead he just seemed to stand there.

As I also put in my post I felt that my anger towards him was frustration at the time that we'd conceded and I did turn round after and say that I'd made too quick a judgement on him shortly after

Maybe you sit close to where I did, east stand level with the 30 yard mark. At that angle I thought the same as you yesterday. Now I've seen the goal on Player I realised the angle was deceptive. Don't think he had a chance.
  • Options
    Sounds like he has a good attitude from the comments above... Its like Bob said in the summer that its good that players want to sign for Charlton (i.e. when Delort said he wanted to sign for Charlton (Cough!))
  • Options
    Where is Henderson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

Where is Henderson

He might need an operation. If so he will be out for the Season.

• Options
    He did well on Friday. There can't be too many players though who've made more International appearances than Club appearances!
  • Options
    Very quick off his line, thought he looked good!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Too be honest I really don't know or not at the moment if this guy is up to it if Henderson is out for the season, has he played championship footy before?

Edit just checked with our good friend wiki, and he's played more games for the Philipines, than he has at club level,amazing, but concerning.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Etheridge
  • Options

We need this keeper for much longer than 31st December,

Isn't he a free agent on 1st January ........ ?

I doubt he would have started a 1st team game on 26th December, only to be released on 31st December.

Seem to remember he was on trial here in the summer, so evidently made a good impression back then.

• Options
    How old is this guy??
  • Options
    24 I believe.

• Options
    his missus is an absolute worldy!!!
  • Options
    Was impressed.

Also enjoyed him getting on with things- very quick distribution and contributed to a far quicker tempo than Pope and Hendo.
  • Options

his missus is an absolute worldy!!!

A comment like this surely needs to be accompanied by a relevant photo