Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Neil Etheridge on loan (ed. Signed on Contract to End of Season)**

Comments

• Options
    Just read on FB that we've signed him perminantly
  • Options

Just read on FB that we've signed him perminantly

Yes, it was on this thread a couple of hours ago : - )
  • Options
    It's even on the OS.

• Options
    there has to be better keepers than etheridge out there? surely.
  • Options
    Ledge said:

well he's probably only going to be back up to the new keeper until Hendo is fit and then the new keeper and Hendo will fight it out for number one and sub and Etheridge will be off at the end of the season. at least that's how I see it.

• Options

Ledge said:

well he's probably only going to be back up to the new keeper until Hendo is fit Roland demands that he plays, before Bob and Roland will the new keeper and Hendo will fight it out for number one and sub and Etheridge then Bob will be off at before the end of the season. at least that's how I see it.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Proper respect to the man tonight. Fronting it up and replying to every tweet from Charlton fans.
  • Options
    Did anyone ask him what he was doing for the second goal?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Did anyone ask him what he was doing for the second goal?

Could they also ask him if the laws are a little more relaxed in the Philippines regarding goalkeepers being allowed to pick up a back pass. :-0
  • Options
    The 4th goal was a free header inside the six yard box. Does he ever come off his line? Good shot stopper on his line but a liability on crosses. Everyone in the league knows that now and will stick crosses and high balls into the box at every opportunity.

His kicking is also an accident waiting to happen.

Can't see him in the starting line-up again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

The 4th goal was a free header inside the six yard box. Does he ever come off his line? Good shot stopper on his line but a liability on crosses. Everyone in the league knows that now and will stick crosses and high balls into the box at every opportunity.

is that not the same for every keeper we have had
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Tutt-Tutt said:

is that not the same for every keeper we have had
    Come on Paulie, Ben Hamer's distribution was like chalk and cheese compared to Etheridge. He's (Etheridge) Sunday league at best and not that much better than the 'Clown' IMO.
  • Options
    Paulie, great to see you back in the game btw.
  • Options
    Just been recalled to the national team
  • Options
    great news ;-))
  • Options
    He kinda lucked out being Filipino when it comes to football didn't he.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Fair play though, bit of a tale to tell the kids if you're an ordinary bloke and have played international football.

For instance I think if you're 20-30 years old and can kick a football and were born in Gibraltar you would now be an international footballer.
  • Options

Talal said:

Fair play though, bit of a tale to tell the kids if you're an ordinary bloke and have played international football.

For instance I think if you're 20-30 years old and can kick a football and were born in Gibraltar you would now be an international footballer.
    Yeah true fair play to him. Wish I was from Gibraltar ;)
  • Options
    He's has a weird career, when you consider that of his 2 appearances for Fulham, one was in the Europa League, so this is a guy with stacks of international appearances, who's also played in one of the main European competitions!
  • Options

He's has a weird career, when you consider that of his 2 appearances for Fulham, one was in the Europa League, so this is a guy with stacks of international appearances, who's also played in one of the main European competitions!

goalkeepers have odd careers. I'm sure there's one or two that have played under 50 games their entire career and yet stayed in the top two divisions of english football running around somewhere. I wonder if anyone's got any examples of something similar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

goalkeepers have odd careers. I'm sure there's one or two that have played under 50 games their entire career and yet stayed in the top two divisions of english football running around somewhere. I wonder if anyone's got any examples of something similar?
    Steve Harper was a bit like that, until Given left
    although he still only managed 157 games for Newcastle in 20 years
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Taylor_(footballer,_born_1980)

stuart taylor. Been signed by Arsenal, Man city and Villa.
  • Options

I agree the example of Stuart Taylor is a good one . Even now he is a number 2 at Leeds . Etheridge never played for Fulham in a league match . He needs games and probably won't get them with us now.
  • Options

The current Wet Spam goalkeeping coach M Margetson is a good example. He was understudy at Man City for ages..
  • Options
    Just looked on Wiki seems Martin played a lot more games than I thought.
  • Options
    Stuart Taylor - what a weird career he's had. Very unusual.
  • Options
    Not top two divisions, but Andy Woodham had a fairly long career playing not that many games. I believe now goal keeping coach at Newcastle.
  • Options
    Bob Bolder never made a first team appearance for Liverpool but won a European Cup Final medal with them for being on the bench in the 1984 Final
  • Options

Stuart Taylor - what a weird career he's had. Very unusual.

According to Wiki, just 72 league appearances in 17 years.
    Odd.
  • Options
    Carlo Cudicini didnt play a great deal if I remember correctly, but must have been drawing one hell of a salary at the clubs he's played for.