Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Neil Etheridge on loan (ed. Signed on Contract to End of Season)**

Comments

• Options

his missus is an absolute worldy!!!

A comment like this surely needs to be accompanied by a relevant photo
  • Options
    A bit barbie like but still
  • Options
    he's on twitter as is she (Fran Jackson)
  • Options
    If she went to The Phillipines she would melt in the heat. Most plastic looking person I have ever seen!
  • Options

If she went to The Phillipines she would melt in the heat. Most plastic looking person I have ever seen!

really?

• Options

Looking at the wrong pics
  • Options

He did well on Friday. There can't be too many players though who've made more International appearances than Club appearances!

Until we signed Neil, I didn't even know the Phillipines had a national team
  • Options
    This thread's taken a turn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hubba bubba.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    So he did well last night. LOL

Feel sorry for him a but seeing the goals he was a bit exposed, but I think Pope could have done better as he is a bit better at the saves for the cameras.
  • Options

Gawd Etheridge conceded three times against Southend the other day... He'd be stoned not crucified (like Pope) on here if that happened next SaturdayTuesday

And your thoughts now are?
  • Options
    So as things stand as Etheridge is no longer a professional footballer (I believe his contract at Oldham expired on the 31st of Dec) presumably he can't be selected tomorrow ? If so that means we only have Pope and Phillips available ?
  • Options
    ???
  • Options
    se9addick said:

So as things stand as Etheridge is no longer a professional footballer (I believe his contract at Oldham expired on the 31st of Dec) presumably he can't be selected tomorrow ? If so that means we only have Pope and Phillips available ?

Think we've already penned him down to a longer term contract here but not announced it strangely enough. Good luck to him, not world class but better than Pope and we can't ask for much more than that..
  • Options

se9addick said:

Think we've already penned him down to a longer term contract here but not announced it strangely enough. Good luck to him, not world class but better than Pope and we can't ask for much more than that..
    Ah ok, odd that we haven't announced it though ? Surely it's a pretty important piece of information that we've signed our first choice (at present) goal keeper on a permanent deal ?

In honesty I probably would have signed him on a 6 month contract and spent January trying to find someone better to rival Henderson but I guess we'll have to wait until the club tell us what sort of contract they've given him.
  • Options

se9addick said:

What I like most about Etheridge is his distribution of the ball. Against Cardiff he always looked to play the ball out and looked for a different distribution channel each team so it's not predictable. Pretty solid keeper on top of that as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our first choice by the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Etheridge has signed a permanent deal, will be announced when the Watt deal is announced.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Etheridge has signed a permanent deal, will be announced when the Watt deal is announced.

Brill, cheers.

Is there a reason that they haven't announced it yet (I.e they can't technically announce it until he's registered with the FA) ? Do you know how long the contracts for ?
  • Options
    not giving much away are they !!
  • Options
    How can we extend his loan when he's now a free agent?
  • Options
    I was given duff information. I was told he had signed a short term permanent deal. I thought his contract had run out. I don't see how it can be a loan?
  • Options

How can we extend his loan when he's now a free agent?

Yes, strange
  • Options
    Dodgy third party?
  • Options
    Not sure how this is possible, unless I was mistaken and his contract at Oldham didn't expire on the 31st ?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Dodgy third party?

Wonga?