Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Neil Etheridge on loan (ed. Signed on Contract to End of Season)**

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    maybe by extending his loan he is allowed to play Saturday but if we signed him as a permanent player he wouldn't be eligible for the Cup as window only opens tomorrow so his registration wouldn't be done in time.
  • Options
    Madz said:

maybe by extending his loan he is allowed to play Saturday but if we signed him as a permanent player he wouldn't be eligible for the Cup as window only opens tomorrow so his registration wouldn't be done in time.

How could we extend his loan beyond the term of contract he has with the parent club ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Madz said:

How could we extend his loan beyond the term of contract he has with the parent club ?
    I did say maybe :-) Even the official website says its a "loan extension". Maybe we have an agreement with Oldham. If that loan extension was agreed before his contract ran out its using a loophole in the FA regulations to allow us to play him.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just that the Comms team are still a bit pissed from NYE?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Richard J said:
    What a bizarre chain of events. What do Oldham benefit from that arrangement?
  • Options
    if Ketts is correct I would assume that the club wish to confirm Henderson's medical situation before deciding on whether to sign Etheridge for longer.
  • Options

if Ketts is correct I would assume that the club wish to confirm Henderson's medical situation before deciding on whether to sign Etheridge for longer.

fair enough but then why not just sign him on a monthly deal ourselves? Why have Oldham even bothered to give him a one month deal?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

fair enough but then why not just sign him on a monthly deal ourselves? Why have Oldham even bothered to give him a one month deal?

Probably something to do with registering players in time for the FA Cup game. If he's already on loan, he's already registered.
  • Options

Probably something to do with registering players in time for the FA Cup game. If he's already on loan, he's already registered.
    good point and probably the right answer

• Options

Richard J said:
    Simon church on loan???
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's hoping Neil's fit for the cup game ,and hasn't injured himself with his selfie stick.
  • Options

Richard J said:
    Simon church on loan???
    Could you call that a benefit?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Competition rules allow for a loan signing being made "permanent" so it's not that.

"j) Temporary (loan) Transfers
    (i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round.
    (ii) For all rounds other than the Final, a player recalled to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may only represent his original Club if any such recall has been received and accepted by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the round.
    (iii) A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred permanently by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.
    (iv) The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club."

I believe there is an agreement with the PFA that players are paid by a club for one month after their contracts expire if they haven't found another club immediately. That's July in most cases, but perhaps it's involved here, i.e. If Charlton paid him for January as his parent club they'd have to pay him for February, whereas this way Oldham are left with that commitment (replacing their existing January commitment).

That's probably a bit far-fetched, however!
  • Options
    First time I have seen him in action today, not overly impressed. Didn't seem to command his area or communicate with those in front of him and kicking poor. Not blaming him for the goals but on today's showing can't see what he offers more than Pope. Maybe the reason for extending his loan is that the BP is not convinced either. :-0
  • Options
    Both him and Pope are a few steps worse then Henderson, who we are missing badly, the whole back four was a lot more solid with him behind
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP · 2m2 minutes ago
    A goalkeeper coming in as well - if that happens then one of the other stoppers will go out on loan.

Keeper is from Bulgaria (or playing in Bulgaria maybe?) going by a few on Twitter, acccording to 'stackit steve' on the Rumours thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Thought you menat the Bulgarian! For some reason your link did not show up.
  • Options
    Henderson out 'short-term' according to Roberts. Hopefully no need for the foreign keeper then.
  • Options
    Uhmm. Not convinced. Got a few months to win me over now.
  • Options
    Hopefully once Henderson is fit, Pope will get to go to a League 1 team on loan.
  • Options

Uhmm. Not convinced. Got a few months to win me over now.

Happy for him to be back up, rather than Pope for the time being (Once hendo gets fit).
  • Options
    Happy with that
  • Options
    Need Henderson back quicker then short term. We've missed him badly