Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer 2015 Baseball season

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Really happy for the Mets. Hoping Jays can somehow do it but just can't see it.

Either way, let's go Mets!
  • Options
    Come on the Mets.
  • Options
    Danny Murphy is on a fire. Six straight home run games. I don't like Kansas bully boys. Would like blue jays in the final.
  • Options

Danny Murphy is on a fire. Six straight home run games. I don't like Kansas bully boys. Would like blue jays in the final.

They've just gotta hope that his wife dont want a move to a bigger side so that she goes to more Premieres
  • Options
    Mets getting 5 days rest before the World Series start compared to the Jays or Royals on a 3 day rest if their series goes all the way. Hoping the Jays do it the hard way to turn round a 3-2 deficit into a 4-3 win.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Mets getting 5 days rest before the World Series start compared to the Jays or Royals on a 3 day rest if their series goes all the way. Hoping the Jays do it the hard way to turn round a 3-2 deficit into a 4-3 win.

A 5 day rest historically is to long, you need to keep the momentum going. It's been a great sesaon.
  • Options
    Fair play to the Mets. Didn't fancy them to beat thr Cubs but they were terrific throughout. Royals favourite to join them needing to win 1 of the last 2 back in KC. AL winner still probably favourite to win it all with the extra home game, but the Mets seem to be getting better and better.
  • Options
    So Royals v Mets it is.

Royals back again after one year, the Mets after 15.

Fancy the Royals to take it but should be a good world series.
  • Options
    The beauty of baseball. If two years ago people had said this would be the 2015 World Series nobody would have believed it.
  • Options
    Terrific ALCS game 6 last night setting up what should be a great World Series. The Mets are on a roll but I think the Royals are the better overall team. Add in the fact that they have the extra home game and I think they have the edge. In what should be an exciting and competitive series I'll take the Royals to win in 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Royals take game 1 in a cracker that went to 14 innings. That's Harvey put aside which will please them - must be massive for a city like Kansas City which is always forgotten in the heart of middle America.
  • Options
    Comfortable 7-1 win for KC last night giving them a 2-0 series lead. The Mets will surely have to win all 3 back in New York to have a realistic chance of winning the series, but they need to find a way of keeping the Royals bats quiet which is easier said than done. Difficult to look beyond the Royals coming out on top in the end, but it would be interesting if the Mets at least do enough to take the series back to KC.
  • Options
    Kansas City Royals win the world series 4 - 1.

Behind in every game too. Kept scoring lots of late runs.

Their first series win since 1985.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    So, the Royals did it in 5. Well played them. Their late comeback in game 4 pretty much clinched it, but they finished the job last night.
    Disappointing season for me as a Red Sox fan, but it was good to see my second team, the Cubs, make it to the NLCS.
    So, on to next year. Lots of questions that won't be even close to being answered until at least the trades are done, but let's ask some of them anyway:
    Who will be the movers and shakers? Will the Red Sox come back stronger? Will the Cubs build on their progress? Will the Royals continue to build on their last two excellent seasons?
    Can the Mets go one step further?
    Can the Yankees please just fuck off? :wink:
    How about your team? How will they do? Over to you...
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Kansas City Royals win the world series 4 - 1.

Behind in every game too. Kept scoring lots of late runs.

Their first series win since 1985.

For a small franchise like the Royals, they've played great baseball for 2 years now.

Would have liked to have seen them play the Cards though.
  • Options
    As I am sure you will agree lordromford, the key for the Red Sox is going to be sorting out the pitching mess that we find ourselves in. In particular, our bullpen is almost non existent.

Think we have the core of a good line up. The outfield looks nice, with JBJ learning to hit, Betts being Betts and Castillo still offering some offensive potential in my eyes.

1st base may need some work, although I think they will have one last go with Han Ram there as he cant play outfield. Pedroia at second (although the decline has slowly begun) and at third I would play Holt and try and get rid of Fatty Sandoval.

We need a starter (Price please) - but Porcello started to post better numbers from Sept onwards, Rodrigeuz looks promising, and Miley is your classic number 5 starter. Maybe a rotation something like:

1) Price
    2) Buchholz (last chance to get over injuries)
    3) Rodrigeuz
    4) Porcello
    5) Miley

Stick Kelly in the bullpen as he has some fast stuff. Tazawa back as set up, and maybe a new closer as I am not sure Koji still has it.
  • Options
    Congratulations to the Royals, worthy champions and likely to be there or thereabouts again next season. Just hope my Dodgers can do better than just make the playoffs next year. Looking forward to next season.
  • Options
    Mets coach must be feeling horrible after letting Harvey talk him into pitching the 9th after he was going to pick his closing pitcher at 2-0 to take it to a 6th game. Harvey gave up a run and then got replaced. Royals levelled and took it to the 12th inning to win the World Series. Great drama.