Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Polish Pete ?

Comments

• Options

RedChaser said:

The ideal target man we were looking for at the expense of Superyann.......... not!

Yaaaa! Another thread hijacked by Kermoganr...!
    You're odd.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

The ideal target man we were looking for at the expense of Superyann.......... not!

You're odd.
    And you're a prat...
  • Options

RedChaser said:

You're odd.
    And you're a prat...
    Always swinging threads back to Kermit.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

You're odd.
    And you're a prat...
    And you're a prat...
  • Options
    edited May 2015

RedChaser said:

You're odd.
    And you're a prat...
    And you're a prat...
    Ok. Lol.
  • Options

No contact with Charlton

makes sense considering when I asked Guy about him he had no idea who I was talking about

Did you say Polish Pete or Piotr Parzyszek ? (how's your polish ?)

Remember Guy's English is only Average.

• Options

I'm sure it is a case of lost in translation but it sounds like he is saying we do not give youngsters a chance. Hmm.

I took it as English Football does not give young players the chance or if they do judgments are made too quickly
  • Options
    Goals win matches and good strikers are like hens teeth. He was a punt. He'd scored a few goals as a youngster in a competitive league - He had a better than 1 in 2 record at De Graafschap.

I'm not sure if the £700k is the true figure or is based on a number of appearances, caps or promotion etc but I don't really care - he's scored a few this season (1 in 3 in a team that just got itself promoted to the Belgian top flight so he's obviously not the complete numpty some people are making him out to be. .

As Paulie says - Guy Luzon had no idea who he was when asked about him but it could easily have been down to him not understanding who we meant.

He's got to be worth a pre season and take it from there. If he has no idea who he is then it would be remiss of him to disregard him without ever seeing him. If he deems he is surplus to requirements then ship him off on loan and look to sell when the opportunity presents itself.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I'm sure it is a case of lost in translation but it sounds like he is saying we do not give youngsters a chance. Hmm.

I took it as English Football does not give young players the chance or if they do judgments are made too quickly
    He does have a point though. We have loads of foreign players in the top two divisions of our league, and very few young players are given much time before they are shipped out. The alternative view of that, of course, is that as a wealthier league (both the Prem and the Championship) than other European nations we we can afford to buy in most of our talent, opposed to developing it ourselves.

I heard a rumour that one of the senior pros said that he was the least able player that they had ever seen. His talent was there but he was just not strong enough for the English game, and it was thought that he never would be. By all accounts he was way too easy to brush off the ball. I'm clearly not going to name the initial source as it would be unfair as I heard it third hand, but as I don't very often (in fact never) come out with things that could be considered 'in the know' there is no reason to think I'm making this up.

I was at The Valley for his short appearance and he didn't impress very much, but that was in a poor side, and he only had about ten minutes. I made the, obvious, mistake of assuming that his contribution would have been commensurate with the fee we paid for him. It is entirely possible that in a different league (one that is not as tough and 'English') he might flourish so I guess that solution is to get him on loan to a team where he can demonstrate that and hope to recover most of the fee we paid for him.

I got the impression from KM that this is, indeed, what we have tried to do and that he is one of the players she is targeting to sell this summer.

I don't think we will ever see him in a Charlton shirt again, and if the reports are accurate, I suspect we shouldn't, either.

Having said all that it is not his fault. Clearly he wanted to come to England because if he could do it here and get into the Premier League he would earn a fortune, relative to what he would earn where he was. Maybe he, or his advisers, should have realised that it is not as easy as they thought to get a multi-million pound contract. Either way there is no point in pointing an accusing finger. Football is, actually, much more meritocratic than most other industries. Even if there are anomalies in wages due to mistakes in contract negotiations, very few players tend to play below their talent for long, and virtually none play above their talent at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not his fault in any way. Whoever did the scouting and recommended spending that much money should be sacked. For a club that runs a £5 million deficit, spending that much was a crime.

I think that the guy at Liege responsible for January 2014 arrivals was sacked!
    I also think that loaning him out will get him game time and perhaps a loan fee to offset against the transfer.
    Bottom line is that £700k is not much for a striker these days. The reality is that for us to push on to the top six we need an FAPL loan and/or another £2-3m fee. That's what Vetokele (and Callum Wilson) cost.

Yes we are running a £5m deficit but I'm more concerned about the £500k transfer write off on Vetokele if he doesn't sort things out and find his form from his first 20 games.

Overall the board have been in charge for the best part of 16 months. This next window dictates what will happen next season so I would allow errors from the past which, in any case, can't be changed. If Parsyshek can help a smaller club in the network then all good.

If, like Tucudean he goes outside the network on loan then also not a problem. When people criticise player acquisitions in 2014 I think they would do well to remember what Staprix started with and what we have now in May 2015. For sure we had Kermorgant but now we have Watt and Vetokele plus a decent midfield... Let's see what the squad looks like in August.
  • Options
    If I was Luzon, I'd want a look at him in pre-season. I'm sure St Truiden would have him back if we decide to loan him out after that.
  • Options

No contact with Charlton

makes sense considering when I asked Guy about him he had no idea who I was talking about

Did you say Polish Pete or Piotr Parzyszek ? (how's your polish ?)

Remember Guy's English is only Average.

Called him by his real name, tried describing him as well
  • Options

When people criticise player acquisitions in 2014 I think they would do well to remember what Staprix started with and what we have now in May 2015. For sure we had Kermorgant but now we have Watt and Vetokele plus a decent midfield... Let's see what the squad looks like in August.

Let's see... let's see... let's see...

Don't think anyone's really arguing that we don't have a better squad now, compared to when Staprix took over... we're arguing about what we could have had (in addition, for relatively little money) if the Staprix decision maker(s) weren't so stubborn.
  • Options

Not his fault in any way. Whoever did the scouting and recommended spending that much money should be sacked. For a club that runs a £5 million deficit, spending that much was a crime.

I also think that loaning him out will get him game time and perhaps a loan fee to offset against the transfer.
    Bottom line is that £700k is not much for a striker these days. The reality is that for us to push on to the top six we need an FAPL loan and/or another £2-3m fee. That's what Vetokele (and Callum Wilson) cost.

Yes we are running a £5m deficit but I'm more concerned about the £500k transfer write off on Vetokele if he doesn't sort things out and find his form from his first 20 games.

Overall the board have been in charge for the best part of 16 months. This next window dictates what will happen next season so I would allow errors from the past which, in any case, can't be changed. If Parsyshek can help a smaller club in the network then all good.

If, like Tucudean he goes outside the network on loan then also not a problem. When people criticise player acquisitions in 2014 I think they would do well to remember what Staprix started with and what we have now in May 2015. For sure we had Kermorgant but now we have Watt and Vetokele plus a decent midfield... Let's see what the squad looks like in August.
    700k is a lot of money to pay for a striker that isn't good enough to play. For a championship club it's a ridiculous amount to pay on "a punt"

Delort?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

700k is a lot of money to pay for a striker that isn't good enough to play. For a championship club it's a ridiculous amount to pay on "a punt"

Delort?
    And look were Wigan are now
  • Options
    Back training with us today.
  • Options
    So - Polish Pete or Reza.

Which one would you take as a potential 4th choice if it was between the two?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many minutes has PP had? About 15 overall in the first team?
  • Options

No contact with Charlton

I'm not surprised. Here's another instance from long ago. I happened to be staying in the same hotel as the team prior to an away game. At breakfast the coaching staff plonked themselves down at a table near me. One turned to Lennie Lawrence and said "you'll never guess what Gordon's up to - he's sitting in the lobby reading The Financial Times." Lennie looked confused and replied "Gordon? Gordon who?"
    Watson was in the team that afternoon so who knows what was going through Lennie's head at the time.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

How many minutes has PP had? About 15 overall in the first team?

Wasn't it like 8?
  • Options
    Saw PP in a reserve game and he looked so off the pace / standard, it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    I have seen enough of Reza to knowi dont want to see any more, so on that basis PP out of the two. Having said that, I would take KAG above both.
  • Options
    i thought PP and Reza were told they were no longer needed and could look elsewhere for clubs?

Reza looked ok but not great when he was first with us. The goal versus leeds aside he did hit the woodwork a few times and with a little more luck might have scored more than that solitary goal. would have been better had he stayed on his feet rather than looking for free kicks. Just not happy with how he left us last season after the World Cup. Although whose to say BP didn't tell him to naff off (just speculation).

PP had the smallest cameo but done nothing in the reserves either which was disappointing considering the hype before he joined. Maybe playing more regularly for STVV has helped him improve.

It does seem odd that they have both announced they are back training.

Personally if they came with right attitude to play I'd give them a chance or two. but I suspect they are back just to stay fit before moving on.
  • Options
    Reds to me seems a much better player, but the way he went out on loan after the World Cup shows that he really doesn't want to be with us
  • Options

Reds to me seems a much better player, but the way he went out on loan after the World Cup shows that he really doesn't want to be with us

The ol'auto correct strikes again...
  • Options

Oops, bloody iPad. Typical American anti Iranian attitude :-)