Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Polish Pete ?

12346»

Comments

• Options

Notice he has score for Zwolle tonight who currently sitting 2nd above Ajax and feyenoord

His first league goal of the season in his 9th appearance (8 of them as starts). Not exactly proving he can do it at that level just yet.
  • Options
    Scored 1 in the cup for them as well - so 2 goals in 11 games in all.

Can't argue with their place in the league though: currently in the slot that gives them an automatic qualification for the Europa League. (Zwolle are 3rd, behind PSV and Ajax).

I agree he could have been ok for us. I think the problems in 2014-16 were inter related - the managers were constantly changing, player morale was rarely good because of this and the supporters, not surprisingly, were often venting their anger on the individuals on the pitch.

I also think that the abolition of the reserve set up in 2010 (?) has changed things, not necessarily for the best. If this had still been in place when PP came to the club he could have been given 10-15 reserve games to adjust to UK football and a couple of run outs in Cup ties, them moved up to a regular place on the subs bench and from there to a first team place.

Instead he joined the club - having been head hunted by quite a few quality sides, apparently - with all the problems listed above and was then given a slot playing with teenagers in the U21's.

Not surprised he lost interest.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Scored the only goal for Piast Gliwice to win them the League for the first time in their history yesterday - Yup means Piotr will be playing at least a Champions League Qualifier next season
  • Options
    He’s the chap that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsleys. 
  • Options
    A thread I thought would never be resurrected...

Interesting article though on the Sky Sports website about the way transfers are changing... Looks like Pete has been involved in another transfer where he's moved based on his stats, am surprised he'd risk it after his episode here

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12359287/inside-footballs-transfer-revolution-how-transferroom-is-changing-the-way-teams-do-business-all-over-the-world