Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it getting close to considering a boycott of a home game?

Comments

• Options

If any season ticket holder is planning to boycot, could I borrow there season tickets for the length of the boycot please?

You must be mad surly you have some paint to watch dry or even some grass to watch grow
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Save the club?! from what? Selhurst? The Gilksteins? Slater and Jiminez? We've had periods in our history worse than this

I take it your really enjoying your trips to se7 then? coz if you are are you allowed to take your dog and white stick into the ground
  • Options
    This is the worst threat. Eg When went to Selhurst board were still Charlton fans, the club was independent and football success was aim. Roland's aim is profit from football. At the moment he sees that by clubs breaking even and profiting from player values. Why will he not in future see land assets as source too?
  • Options

People will do as they do. There are those who will turn up whatever happens. Others have had enough now, and more will be saying goodbye come May. Some of us went to Parkhurst Cell. Some of us didn't. Some of us had the wit to recognise that those who chose not to go remained CAFC supporters who simply chose not to pay to watch their team on a foreign field. What won the day was creative direct action.
    RD is reliant on us turning up in numbers and won't like it if we walk away and stay away.
    CAFC is increasingly unrecognisable, both on and off the pitch. As we haven't got the ballot box to play with as we had in 1990, we'll have to come up with something else. It might be empowering and may win the day.

SPOT ON
  • Options
    Any boycott will pass by unnoticed. I don't think the regime considers our presence as being of any or much importance at all. Certainly the financial loss of a collapse in season ticket sales will not affect Mr Duchatelet's thinking. Ujpest, Alcocon and Carl Jeiss are not members of the network because of their pulsating crowds in full stadiums, bums on seats are a minor consideration it seems to me.

Let me clutch at the flimsiest of straws.

The excuse for sacking Peeters was presented to us as reaction to a downturn in results. If this is true, and to me it's a big if, then it suggests the regime cares about something to do with Charlton, not the fans, but the results.

So if the regime delivers results we are happy and will turn up (well I will), and if the regime doesn't deliver we at least lose Luzon, which would represent something positive.

If we continue to be so dire, and keep to the Luzon/Duchatelet axis, the boycott will look after itself and be continual, and still probably pass without murmur from the regime.

For what it's worth I don't believe all this is driven by a desire to make money. Intriguingly if the whole shebang is driven by a desire to demonstrate that football clubs can break even, and find a level where they can do so, then I would be more encouraged because at least then I would know where we're heading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Any boycott will pass by unnoticed. I don't think the regime considers our presence as being of any or much importance at all. Certainly the financial loss of a collapse in season ticket sales will not affect Mr Duchatelet's thinking. Ujpest, Alcocon and Carl Jeiss are not members of the network because of their pulsating crowds in full stadiums, bums on seats are a minor consideration it seems to me.

The excuse for sacking Peeters was presented to us as reaction to a downturn in results. If this is true, and to me it's a big if, then it suggests the regime cares about something to do with Charlton, not the fans, but the results.

So if the regime delivers results we are happy and will turn up (well I will), and if the regime doesn't deliver we at least lose Luzon, which would represent something positive.

If we continue to be so dire, and keep to the Luzon/Duchatelet axis, the boycott will look after itself and be continual, and still probably pass without murmur from the regime.

For what it's worth I don't believe all this is driven by a desire to make money. Intriguingly if the whole shebang is driven by a desire to demonstrate that football clubs can break even, and find a level where they can do so, then I would be more encouraged because at least then I would know where we're heading.

good post & the point being "finding a level where they can do so". Charlton Alexandra.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He is a businessman. So only aim is money no matter how or who or what it upsets or cripples on the way.

If he saw football success as the way to that profit he would invest in the squad and have a proper manager.

So the profit must come from gates and merchandise with low costs to break even and player manipulation for his personal profit. Three strikers bought on his English clubs accounts and lent abroad for long periods must be for example part of this.

Who knows but a businessmans nose for money is behind it. We need to bloody that nose.
  • Options

Dont buy a season ticket next season would be my answer. There really is no need. You can turn up and get a ticket when you like but you can give it a miss if you don't fancy it.(which will probably be quite often)
    Everyone's a winner plus Katrien and Roland will be 5hittin bricks when the see an empty application tray on renewal date.

That is my thinking just wonder how many will do the same
  • Options
    no point in boycotting...hit them in the pocket... Don't buy programmes etc
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

...I'll slip the floppy out...right there when Katrien comes out after the Huddersfield match...

Interesting plan @LoOkOuT :smiley:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

dancafc said:

sam3110 said:

Save the club?! from what? Selhurst? The Gilksteins? Slater and Jiminez? We've had periods in our history worse than this

I take it your really enjoying your trips to se7 then? coz if you are are you allowed to take your dog and white stick into the ground
    Ohhh how original, yes the football is crap, as it was at times under Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parky, Powell and Peeters, not all of them were under RD were they? Whether it's Buyens, Lepoint, Gower, Sinclair, Faye, Spring, Racon, Walton, Stewart, Alonso or Russell signing and playing for us, there has been duds and failures, players who haven't worked for whatever reason and games where we have looked like a bunch of amateurs. Watford away, Millwall away, Sheffield United away AND at home, Brighton at home to name a few. It may well be a difficult time, but I for one do not see it as our club being ripped apart, I see a need to adapt and evolve, and if our owner thinks that it is by having a network of clubs and transferable players to balance the books then so be it. If his policy was to throw money at players and take the hit of transfer embargos and the losses then I would also accept that. IMO boycotting the club will not help, as we have seen from SL that doesn't seem to concern RD at all. I never said I'm enjoying the football on offer or that I necessarily agree with his policies, but hey I must be blind right 'coz' I won't jump on the bash RD and Luzon bandwagon.
    Well I know one thing when my boy turns round and says iv had enough dad I don't fancy it I won't be forcing him
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kentred2 said:

seth plum said:

He is a businessman. So only aim is money no matter how or who or what it upsets or cripples on the way.

If he saw football success as the way to that profit he would invest in the squad and have a proper manager.

So the profit must come from gates and merchandise with low costs to break even and player manipulation for his personal profit. Three strikers bought on his English clubs accounts and lent abroad for long periods must be for example part of this.

Who knows but a businessmans nose for money is behind it. We need to bloody that nose.
    I fully appreciate what you say. Personally I have been toing and froing on this 'in the business to make money' thing.
    On the one hand, if it is money driven, then yes a boycott, or collapse in attendances would appear likely to have some kind of impact.
    However Roland has made his money, made it many times over, and he is of an age when he is possibly more interested in creating personal legacies of one kind or another. His dalliance with politics, his apparent intellectual profile suggests that his football experiment, with us as the Guinea Pigs, is more driven by the 'what if' part of the head than the pocket.
    If it was simply about something as crude and prosaic as the balance sheet, then at least we know the terrain upon which we must fight.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

sam3110 said:

dancafc said:

sam3110 said:

Ohhh how original, yes the football is crap, as it was at times under Dowie, Reed, Pardew, Parky, Powell and Peeters, not all of them were under RD were they? Whether it's Buyens, Lepoint, Gower, Sinclair, Faye, Spring, Racon, Walton, Stewart, Alonso or Russell signing and playing for us, there has been duds and failures, players who haven't worked for whatever reason and games where we have looked like a bunch of amateurs. Watford away, Millwall away, Sheffield United away AND at home, Brighton at home to name a few. It may well be a difficult time, but I for one do not see it as our club being ripped apart, I see a need to adapt and evolve, and if our owner thinks that it is by having a network of clubs and transferable players to balance the books then so be it. If his policy was to throw money at players and take the hit of transfer embargos and the losses then I would also accept that. IMO boycotting the club will not help, as we have seen from SL that doesn't seem to concern RD at all. I never said I'm enjoying the football on offer or that I necessarily agree with his policies, but hey I must be blind right 'coz' I won't jump on the bash RD and Luzon bandwagon.
    Well I know one thing when my boy turns round and says iv had enough dad I don't fancy it I won't be forcing him
    That's nice but what's that got to do with what I said?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I'm saying is its shit and it's only my son making me keep going iv had enough of paying out to watch shit week in week out I took 2 of my kids today and you can guess how much it all cost put it this way it's meant to be entertainment if you went to the west end to watch a show and it was shit would you pay to watch it again
  • Options
    seth plum said:

kentred2 said:

seth plum said:

I fully appreciate what you say. Personally I have been toing and froing on this 'in the business to make money' thing.
    On the one hand, if it is money driven, then yes a boycott, or collapse in attendances would appear likely to have some kind of impact.
    However Roland has made his money, made it many times over, and he is of an age when he is possibly more interested in creating personal legacies of one kind or another. His dalliance with politics, his apparent intellectual profile suggests that his football experiment, with us as the Guinea Pigs, is more driven by the 'what if' part of the head than the pocket.
    If it was simply about something as crude and prosaic as the balance sheet, then at least we know the terrain upon which we must fight.
    If it is a businessman who because of luck or whatever sees his success in the wallet as some sort of super human effort that can make him a success in any field he dapples on then Lord help us.
  • Options
    I'm missing the next two home games for family reasons. But the fact I'm not bothered about missing them is the worry. I really don't feel like this is my club, don't want to say I won't renew, but if the option was made now, I would not renew.
  • Options
    Season ticket renewals.
    I bet when they come out with the prices and suchlike they will conveniently forget last year. An early bird discount that was then waived. I was mug enough to renew early last year, so I would hope they offer me the option to renew at the lowest rate, right up to the eve of the first game so I can decide as late as possible.
  • Options
    I don't see the point of a boycott, I think apathy will mean that fewer and fewer will attend. The football is so godawful, and quite frankly im getting bored watching it (which I NEVER thought I would say)- Theres no excitement, skill, or team spirit. Im lucky enough that I don't need to stump up the cash to pay on the door, if I did I would question going more, but I think there will be a lot of season tickets not renewed come the end of the season.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Season ticket renewals.
    I bet when they come out with the prices and suchlike they will conveniently forget last year. An early bird discount that was then waived. I was mug enough to renew early last year, so I would hope they offer me the option to renew at the lowest rate, right up to the eve of the first game so I can decide as late as possible.

If nobody renews they'll be giving them away on match days.
  • Options

no point in boycotting...hit them in the pocket... Don't buy programmes etc

I bet RD is quivering in his boots..
    work out the finances....How many paying public go to games???

Do you think printers print programmes for nothing??

The club has sold the food and club shop to franchises

Therefore the only way you will any immediate impact on revenue streams is on sales of programmes...

The sale of a programme x7,000 with printing costs will have a hit on the monthly bottom line revenue stream
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Could Be football for a fiver for the whole of next season at this rate, that was shocking today.