Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it getting close to considering a boycott of a home game?

Comments

• Options
    There's not much point making a protest for the TV cameras while we're only on the box for 90 seconds at half past midnight.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

There's not much point making a protest for the TV cameras while we're only on the box for 90 seconds at half past midnight.

The FL highlights are meant to be going to Channel 5 next season when the Beeb's deal expires at the end of this season. (Not sure if this has been officially confirmed yet). But 90 seconds on the Beeb. Knock off the zero for Channel 5.
  • Options
    I'm boycotting Millwall away. Anyone want to join me?!?! Can't face paying that scummy club money to watch the inevitable. Again. What would they make of a completely empty away end?
  • Options

I think Prague's idea about doing something in full view of the camera's will be the best thing. With Airmans knowledge of the seating, is it possible that we could buy a good section of the seats directly behind the away and home dugouts? (would think camera's would have a lot of focus on Chrissy).
    Then we could unfurl a Liege type banner across from behind the away dugout to the home dugout - something along the lines of the severed head with Rolands head being the one severed, or maybe Chrissy's head in a 'killer' pose (or something similar,but striking, you know what i mean)- at least the media could relate it back to Liege, and it would likely get more media coverage than just ANOTHER walk-out or boycott that doesnt even hit the papers.
    I'm prepared to fund some of the banner cost.
    Who else?
    #justthinking

While cameras are in the gantry above the east, the press are all at the front of the upper west and can't easily see the lower west. For that reason and others the north is a better location for a banner.
    Even better.
    Lets do it.
  • Options
    North Lower's probably best isn't it? Both in terms of visibility and likelihood of free seats.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

North Lower's probably best isn't it? Both in terms of visibility and likelihood of free seats.

Surely it should be both Upper & Lower North .

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Yep, perfect.
  • Options
    Villa fans didn't come into the Holt end until after 8 mins to demonstrate against Lerners 8 years in charge at a recent game. Maybe do something similar to demonstrate against RD . 12 mins in for 12 months in charge in the covered end?
  • Options
    As Shankly once said...

"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, then don't support us when we win!"

Same applys to us now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As Shankly once said...

"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, then don't support us when we win!"

Same applys to us now.

There is a lot more to this than the team losing or drawing a few games...
  • Options
    Not that I'm sure what exactly were supposed to be protesting FOR but..

It has to be harmless ie no or nothing gets damaged or the publicity will be negative and put off a lot of people.

It has to get noticed so not buying a programme doesn't work.

Tennis balls.

But we seem to be planning the bathroom tiles before we've built the house.

What are you campaigning FOR?

What realistically do you want Roland to do as a result of your protest?
  • Options
    Options are:

@ Now that we have the inside knowledge of the location of the TV gantry and where the journalists sit then a Palace banner would be brilliant

@ Synchronised sand throwing from Manginas.

@ Limiting yourself to 3 pints per hour during the rugby next Friday in homage to the great man.

@ Nobody enter the stadium until the 27th minute.

The power of social media LOL.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Options are:

@ Now that we have the inside knowledge of the location of the TV gantry and where the journalists sit then a Palace banner would be brilliant

@ Synchronised sand throwing from Manginas.

@ Limiting yourself to 3 pints per hour during the rugby next Friday in homage to the great man.

@ Nobody enter the stadium until the 27th minute.

The power of social media LOL.

How many pints have you had since Top Gear started ?
  • Options
    An idea for the banner a la Liege styli....
    Duchatelet is sometimes referred to as Douche, which can be defined as a toilet - how about a caricature of Duchatelet trying to flush CAFC down the toilet ??!!
    Just an idea to get the creative juices of people going who are better at this than me !
  • Options
    Depressing reading.

I wonder if Roland has had a Trading Places-esque bet with a friend for a Euro that he can make his football experiment work.

He under estimated the Championship and I worry that he under estimates how hard it would be to get back out of League One.
  • Options

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

You really think this is just about results? I guess you haven't read the whole of this thread.
  • Options

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

Not about results for me, it's about being treated as a minor Belgian colony.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

You really think this is just about results? I guess you haven't read the whole of this thread.

Ok then, if you can't support us with an unliked owner and board then don't support us with a liked owner and board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

Ok then, if you can't support us with an unliked owner and board then don't support us with a liked owner and board.
    What a load of rubbish
  • Options

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

I don't remember Shankly saying that.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

As Shankly once said...

Same applys to us now.

I don't remember Shankly saying that.
    You know what I mean LOL
  • Options

It has to be harmless ie no or nothing gets damaged or the publicity will be negative and put off a lot of people.

Tennis balls.

If and when protest actually manifests it is likely to be (imo):

1) Against degradation of the positive traditional values of the club - i.e the values that we identify as epitomising Charlton, which is primarily as a football club before it is a business interest, which is common with all clubs but differentiated from them owing to our distinct history and identity.
    2) For the positive enhancement of values we strive for; e.g. a) long-term investment in youth without being a selling club, b) quality of squad culminating in success on the pitch (measured by results), c) improved communications, d) improved fan involvement (including e.g. community involvement including preservation/ enhancement of Valley Express, affordable ticketing, etc)
    3) For a manager that manages and doesn't just represent the network
    4) Against the network, where 1,2,3 are not seen to be effective and the root cause can be traced back to the network model.

And the position at the moment as i see it, vis-a-vis these 4 indicators: There is currently no (or at best rather little) evidence that RD either shares our aims as to what we want and in persevering with his network model, he provides little confidence in how to get there. We are going backwards. His vision and his operating model are unaligned.. They appear to be at odds with each other. So his position makes no sense- and probably as a direct consequence he or his executives can't communicate where they are taking the club or how.

Plenty there to be worried about and it will take a sustained period of success on the pitch to allay fears. In the meantime I think it is no surprise that we as a fanbase are confused and increasingly restless.
  • Options

Tennis balls.

If and when protest actually manifests it is likely to be (imo):

1) Against degradation of the positive traditional values of the club - i.e the values that we identify as epitomising Charlton, which is primarily as a football club before it is a business interest, which is common with all clubs but differentiated from them owing to our distinct history and identity.
    2) For the positive enhancement of values we strive for; e.g. a) long-term investment in youth without being a selling club, b) quality of squad culminating in success on the pitch (measured by results), c) improved communications, d) improved fan involvement (including e.g. community involvement including preservation/ enhancement of Valley Express, affordable ticketing, etc)
    3) For a manager that manages and doesn't just represent the network
    4) Against the network, where 1,2,3 are not seen to be effective and the root cause can be traced back to the network model.

And the position at the moment as i see it, vis-a-vis these 4 indicators: There is currently no (or at best rather little) evidence that RD either shares our aims as to what we want and in persevering with his network model, he provides little confidence in how to get there. We are going backwards. His vision and his operating model are unaligned.. They appear to be at odds with each other. So his position makes no sense- and probably as a direct consequence he or his executives can't communicate where they are taking the club or how.

Plenty there to be worried about and it will take a sustained period of success on the pitch to allay fears. In the meantime I think it is no surprise that we as a fanbase are confused and increasingly restless.
    That's a big banner
  • Options

Would perhaps suggest everyone go to the match as normal but hang around outside the ground for the first 20 minutes rather than enter.. sing a song or two outside.. it'll create a bit of a 'what is going on here' type scenario from KM and co. during the start of the match. then we can go in to support the lads in red. It'd be picked up by the opposing fans and tv/media if there's enough people

The goal of it? To show RD that fans aren't to be played with, they shouldn't just 'accept' whatever he wants to do to our club because he has some money... the worse it gets the more extreme the fans actions will get. The most extreme in his case will be just a couple k attendance with no match day sales.

Sod's law, we'd score 2 or 3 goals in that 20 minutes !

Let's keep it serious Fanny, I'd be surprised if we could score 2 or 3 in the first 20 minutes of the rest of the season !!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    !
  • Options
    Boycotts achieve nothing. I live out of the UK and the only thing I miss is watching my team. You have the opportunity to follow and support Charlton where don't anymore so please remember this, don't throw it all away.
  • Options
    The crowd is already looking like a boycott is taking place thanks to the barmy Belgians. I live close to Maidstone, and I am watching the plans for Ebsfleet to build a new Stadium much closer to where I live. I will always support Charlton, but maybe I will decide to be part of a 6,000 crowd watching a Club being properly run to provide exciting football instead of the crap we are being offered right now.