Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grand National 2015

Comments

• Options

No jockey rides the GN course as well as Sam Waley-Cohen. Another brilliant ride and win. Record 6th win over the GN fences.
    Another one tomorrow will do VERY nicely. :smiley:

Absolutely PM spot on. Which is why I backed Warne in the Foxhunters yesterday. And it fell at the first :-(
  • Options
    Don't take this the wrong way AA but which horses carry your "hopes" tomorrow?
  • Options

Don't take this the wrong way AA but which horses carry your "hopes" tomorrow?

I'm following you all the way PM. That way I can blame you if I don't have the winner. And you can also then blame me!
  • Options
    Excuse my absolute ignorance but who is McCoy on and is he favourite for a reason or out of sentiment?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Excuse my absolute ignorance but who is McCoy on and is he favourite for a reason or out of sentiment?

The horse has a decent chance BUT the liabilities on what could be his very last ride winning are likely to be massive for the bookmakers. Every paper and media outlet will be full of it tomorrow - as if they haven't been already!
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Shutthefrontdoor 7-1 reason mainly & also sentiment.
  • Options
    As a once a year gambler I have no expertise in this what so ever, but it seems to me AP winning has all hallmarks of a classic sporting fairy tale. It seems too perfect an ending for it not to happen, not that I really believe in fate.
  • Options

As a once a year gambler I have no expertise in this what so ever, but it seems to me AP winning has all hallmarks of a classic sporting fairy tale. It seems too perfect an ending for it not to happen, not that I really believe in fate.

Racing is littered with trainers or jockeys winning with their last runner. Somehow I can't see how, as in other such instances, 38 jockeys contriving to give him the race.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

A believer in the "knee in the goolies" view of fate, I reckon it's set up for him to fall at the first and for an amateur to win it......maybe a female one. :smiley:
  • Options
    Just watched the fox hunters that loose horse caused chaos ending with two jockeys going over the fence and a horse laying on it.

I reckon shutthefrontdoor, will go off tomorrow around the 4/1 maybe even 7/2 mark with the once a year punters hearing about McCoys last ride and falling into the hype
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coming in late to this thread can't be bothered to look through it all can someone do a summary of peanuts tips please .Many thanks in advance
  • Options
    Beckboy said:

Coming in late to this thread can't be bothered to look through it all can someone do a summary of peanuts tips please .Many thanks in advance

My Final Betting Slip:
    • CHANCE DU ROY e/w 40/1 (partly 5, partly 6 places NRNB)
    • OSCAR TIME e/w 50/1 (5 places)
    • FIRST LIEUTENANT e/w 25/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • THE DRUIDS NEPHEW 14/1 Win NRNB
    • MONBEG DUDE e/w 33/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • BAILEYS CONCERTO e/w 100/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • PORTRAIT KING e/w 66/1 (6 places) NRNB
  • Options
    Baileys Concerto is a non runner.
  • Options

Every year I and others believe we might beat Millwall :neutral:

Although to compare our record against Millwall with McCoy's exceptional career is somewhat unfair
  • Options

Beckboy said:

My Final Betting Slip:
    • CHANCE DU ROY e/w 40/1 (partly 5, partly 6 places NRNB)
    • OSCAR TIME e/w 50/1 (5 places)
    • FIRST LIEUTENANT e/w 25/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • THE DRUIDS NEPHEW 14/1 Win NRNB
    • MONBEG DUDE e/w 33/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • BAILEYS CONCERTO e/w 100/1 (6 places) NRNB
    • PORTRAIT KING e/w 66/1 (6 places) NRNB
    Thanks
  • Options
    Done Alvardro, Cause of Causes and Court by Surprise.
  • Options
    Balthazar King Win
    Night in Milan EW
  • Options
    Portrait King and Unioniste both non runners.

Going with Balthazar King win, Royale Knight and Spring Heeled both e/w

Now off to Hillsborough to drink some cheap beer.
  • Options
    Is Baileys Concerto a NR, been refunded on my bet slip?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peanuts: the wife 'fancied' Night in Milan when challenged to pick a winner. Does it have any chance in your model of, at least, a place?
  • Options

Portrait King and Unioniste both non runners..

Incorrect, both run
  • Options
    Hark at fuckin Claire Balding
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Oddschecker showing them both as N/R but I can't see anything about them on the web and nothing yet on Morning Line. Confused.

EDIT Scrap that - oddschecker now have them back as runners.
  • Options
    If you have backed Portrait King then check your bet status online. Bet Victor have voided mine and the money is back in the account seemingly as a result of the non runner rumours. imagine it now runs and bolts in at 66/1!
  • Options

Oddschecker showing them both as N/R but I can't see anything about them on the web and nothing yet on Morning Line. Confused.

EDIT Scrap that - oddschecker now have them back as runners.
    Sorry to lump the expectation on you Peanuts but who have you settled on this year?
  • Options

Portrait King and Unioniste both non runners..

Incorrect, both run
    Your right, no idea what happened with Oddschecker there.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Peanuts: the wife 'fancied' Night in Milan when challenged to pick a winner. Does it have any chance in your model of, at least, a place?

I think she was giving you a hint about her next birthday prezzy meldrew :smiley:
    Model says respectable run, not likely to make the frame but not without a chance of doing so.
    HOWEVER, if she's picked out the horse I would make sure you back it regardless of my model -
    BetVic 6 places 25/1 e/w as good a price as anywhere.
  • Options

If you have backed Portrait King then check your bet status online. Bet Victor have voided mine and the money is back in the account seemingly as a result of the non runner rumours. imagine it now runs and bolts in at 66/1!

GOOD ADVICE ISLS - it's refunded my bet - on to Vic now by phone.
  • Options

GOOD ADVICE ISLS - it's refunded my bet - on to Vic now by phone.
    Vic have re-instated my bet - they say they are sorting it across the board but if you've placed a bet with BV on either PK or Unioniste I would check your outstanding bets to make sure, as ISLS suggests.