Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2015

Rumour has it Matt Coles is on his way back from Hampshire.

Thoughts?

http://www.kentsportsnews.com/coles-set-for-kent-return-07-03-2015/

Comments

• Options
    He lost his way a bit after an ill fated tour of Australia as an England Lion didn't he? Maybe coming "home" will be a good move for him. Rated him highly 2/3 years ago, hopefully he can return to that form and become a very useful cricketer for Kent.
  • Options
    Not in to cricket Len but live right near the ground in Beckenham. Looks like they are putting a great set up in place with the stands and clubhouse and will have to get my step dad down there at some point as he loves the game.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Thoughts?

I posted this on the now redundant Kent thread.

No one tells me anything :-(
  • Options
    With Joe Denly also coming home, it's good to see our home grown players returning
  • Options
    I think it shows that the Cricket Club have taken a turn for the better in these players either coming home or being linked with coming home.

Imagine these sorts of players being linked a couple of years ago when the club were in so much financial trouble... there's a reason why the left in the first place after all.

The Beckenham Ground is also looking fantastic, and cricket there this summer should be really exciting!
  • Options
    More importantly - when is Seb getting called up to the england one day squad !!!

Batsman, wicket keeper and spinner too.
    The new ABV.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Thoughts?

Thoughts ?

I think, what's up with the "official" Kent CCC thread Len ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Adam Riley and Sam Billings playing for the MCC XI against county champions Yorkshire in Abu Dhabi.

Billings scored 0 and Riley scored 3.

Riley has taken 3 of 8 wickets during the Yorkshire innings. Two catches for Billings.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, Callum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scorecard:

espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2015/engine/match/804121.html

Playing in the same side as the England captain. Some might argue that, on current form, Adam has more chance of getting in the Test team than the skipper!
  • Options

Adam Riley and Sam Billings playing for the MCC XI against county champions Yorkshire in Abu Dhabi.

Billings scored 0 and Riley scored 3.

Riley has taken 3 of 8 wickets during the Yorkshire innings. Two catches for Billings.

Adam took his 100th 1st class wicket and it was his birthday too.
  • Options

Scorecard:

Playing in the same side as the England captain. Some might argue that, on current form, Adam has more chance of getting in the Test team than the skipper!

I can't think who would argue that? What a strange statement. I'd say Riley has more chance than Treadwell does of getting in the Test team but that's about it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Scorecard:

I can't think who would argue that? What a strange statement. I'd say Riley has more chance than Treadwell does of getting in the Test team but that's about it.
    All depends if you take my statement literally or not. Surprised that as you know me so well you have. But then perhaps I shouldn't.
  • Options
    I didn't realise someone had not only donated an eye to you to help with your one-eyed Kentish view but let you have their sense of humour too!
  • Options
    For the record, the current England captain made 5 to go with the 3 he scored in the first innings.
  • Options
    It must be interesting for Cook, playing in the same team as the dumped England openers Compton and Carberry...
  • Options

It must be interesting for Cook, playing in the same team as the dumped England openers Compton and Carberry...

Especially with Compton as captain. Maybe we will hit the depths of a bygone era and pick Compton to skipper the side a la Brearley.
  • Options
    Alistair Cook is England captain. He will play the next three Tests against the Windies, as captain. He will most probably captain against NZ at home but if he or the team disappoint badly in those two series then I would not be surprised if Teachers Pet takes over for the Ashes. If Cook still struggles with his form then I will support his removal.
    The ACB had no problem appointing an interim Test captain who was playing Kent League 2nd XI cricket just a few years ago when Clarke was injured; and you can bet the new regime at the ECB will be keen to follow whatever the Aussies do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFC Luke said:

I think it shows that the Cricket Club have taken a turn for the better in these players either coming home or being linked with coming home.

Imagine these sorts of players being linked a couple of years ago when the club were in so much financial trouble... there's a reason why the left in the first place after all.

The Beckenham Ground is also looking fantastic, and cricket there this summer should be really exciting!

Do you know what games are being played at Beckenham this year? 20/20?
  • Options
    Boom said:

CAFC Luke said:

Do you know what games are being played at Beckenham this year? 20/20?
    29th May v Surrey 5.30 start T20

5th June v Gloucs 5.30 start T20

• Options
    Also they will be holding a four day CC Fixture at Beckenham on 24th May
  • Options
    Nice one - cheers!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Alistair Cook is England captain. He will play the next three Tests against the Windies, as captain. He will most probably captain against NZ at home but if he or the team disappoint badly in those two series then I would not be surprised if Teachers Pet takes over for the Ashes. If Cook still struggles with his form then I will support his removal.
    The ACB had no problem appointing an interim Test captain who was playing Kent League 2nd XI cricket just a few years ago when Clarke was injured; and you can bet the new regime at the ECB will be keen to follow whatever the Aussies do.

Can't for the life of me work out who you're talking about ... 'teachers pet' and the interim captain ? Not sarcasm, genuinely can't work it out
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    https://t.co/AJdmJ3hFIh Don't know if link will work but it's an interview with Adam Riley on MCC duty.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Can't for the life of me work out who you're talking about ... 'teachers pet' and the interim captain ? Not sarcasm, genuinely can't work it out
    I think he's talking about Joe Root.

• Options

Riviera said:

I think he's talking about Joe Root.

Mmmmm Joe Root has proven himself in all forms of the game. Could it be Stuart Broad?
  • Options
    Great Addick, Riley