Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarkson suspended by Beeb - Top Gear off air this weekend

Comments

• Options
    BDL said:

And guess who finally had tickets to go to the filming tomorrow..............

Unlucky mate
  • Options

Stig said:

Sincerely hope this is is the end of that old shit so that I don't have to have it inflicted on me any more. Worried that it will turn out to be some publicity stunt to get the ratings up.

Did it wind you up that much that he always said the stars in the reasonably priced car drove a better lap than you?
    :smile:
  • Options
    BDL said:

Perhaps you might be able to get Loose Women instead...
  • Options

Whatever you think of Clarkson, he is the 'talent' on the show whilst producers are ten a penny (and doubtless he well knows it).

Disagree. The show's popularity is partly based on the presenters and partly on the stunts and races across foreign lands. And the way it's shot. All that's down to the 'ten a penny' producers.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Stig said:

Sincerely hope this is is the end of that old shit so that I don't have to have it inflicted on me any more. Worried that it will turn out to be some publicity stunt to get the ratings up.

You don't have to watch it
    True, but it's hideous drone is constantly invading my living space and I don't have a lot of choice about that.
  • Options
    I think it's a great show and Clarkson is superb.
    As said elsewhere he will so similar for Sky.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Whatever you think of Clarkson, he is the 'talent' on the show whilst producers are ten a penny (and doubtless he well knows it).

Disagree. The show's popularity is partly based on the presenters and partly on the stunts and races across foreign lands. And the way it's shot. All that's down to the 'ten a penny' producers.
    All the ideas, stunts, races come from Hammond. He was a motorcycle journo before cars and the bike mags were doing this stuff 20 years ago. Top Gear just copied the bike stuff on a bigger scale using the licence fee and the TG marque to pay for it.
  • Options
    Clarkson is quality
  • Options
    Clarkson is a dick. He's good at what he does: Being a dick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarkson probably announced he liked Grammar schools or liked democracy. The BBC were disgusted and gave him the boot
  • Options
    Reporting now (on Newsnight) apparently he thumped the producer, as a manager myself, if anyone who I managed, ala producer, thumped me I would also suspend/sack them. Clarkson thinks he is some kind of Icon, I love the show but he is now becoming an uncontrollable twat. If he goes to ITV or Sky so what, Top Gear used to be about cars, now its about Jezza, Hammo and May.
  • Options
    Until a couple of years ago the production person concerned would have been told to keep quiet or move on. But after Savill and Yewtree that's all gone. It's a profit centre for BBC but the budgets are huge and I would bet that no other broadcaster would readily take it on.
  • Options
    'crossed' a producer? He lamped one of them, bit different.
  • Options
    Owen Gibson ‏@owen_g 56m56 minutes ago
    Mirror reports a source as saying Clarkson "saw red over a catering issue". We've all been there.
    RETWEETS
    FAVORITES

3:38 PM - 10 Mar 2015 · Details
    Reply Retweeted Favorite
  • Options
    BBC approaching Russel Brand to take over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarkson is a legend and top gear is the best show on an ever dampening chsnnel
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    How is it you're allowed to knock Clarkson but not Danny Baker on here? I don't like either by the way. However apparently there is an on-line petition going with over 100k signed demanding his reinstatement. Anyone got a link? I'll sign it, although I think he's a bit of a dick we do need his type in this ever sterilising Nanny State we call the UK.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

How is it you're allowed to knock Clarkson but not Danny Baker on here? I don't like either by the way. However apparently there is an on-line petition going with over 100k signed demanding his reinstatement. Anyone got a link? I'll sign it, although I think he's a bit of a dick we do need his type in this ever sterilising Nanny State we call the UK.

Here's the link https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson
  • Options
    PC witch hunt blah blah blah no freedom in this country blah blah blah loony left BBC blah blah blah Jezza great man like Boris blah blah blah....
    Poor old Jeremy - why shouldn't he be allowed to do exactly what he wants? Now where's that petition?
  • Options
    If you are interested in signing a petition check here : http://www.forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/66923/clarkson-petition#latest
  • Options
    BDL said:

Guy Luzon?