Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Church

Comments

• Will always be remembered by me thanks to oohaah's spectacular "sponge arm of god" Quote in the fa cup at the mahoosives

Thanks for the memories sponge

65% nuff running nowhere near the ball
    15% passing the ball back to the keeper
    18% sponge arm
    2% giving it to your own fans when you scored
  • Maybe mk dons don't plan on playing him as a central striker???

I always thought he was a good player but he just isn't a striker. The sooner he realises this the better his career will be.

When he was running down the wing with the ball at his feet he looked good, Leeds at home in the 4-2 loss springs to mind.

As a striker though, I can't believe he's got another gig in the champ.

• drewman said:

Maybe mk dons don't plan on playing him as a central striker???

I always thought he was a good player but he just isn't a striker. The sooner he realises this the better his career will be.

When he was running down the wing with the ball at his feet he looked good, Leeds at home in the 4-2 loss springs to mind.

As a striker though, I can't believe he's got another gig in the champ.

He's no Brown or Gritt ;-)
  • Simon Church at the Euros eh...
  • Wales will be at the Euros. If Bale is injured then Simon may yet get the gig. I doubt it though.

Whatever you think of Bale you can't really fault his commitment to play for Wales which contrasts a bit with Giggsy.

Simon will be in the squad though, barring injury as he's been an integral part of the squad for several years! Going to a major championship is what most players can only dream about

Getting Wales to the Euros will be a massive achievement for Bale, it's not a single handed achievement, but he's stepped up every time his country needs him
  • Gareth Bale was just subbed for Simon Church.

Simon Church, officially the world's 3rd greatest player.

Made in Charlton.
  • drewman said:

Church at the Euros, Simon Francis in the prem. What next, izale McLeod in the champions league?

McOxo at the world cup
  • Sponsored links:

• I just clocked that Bale was replaced by Simon Church. Man, you could'nt make it up. And MKD paid us how much for him?
  • If Football was about running we would trying to sign Moh Farah. Whatever we got for Church is was a bonus as he had outlived his uselessness at Charlton.
  • Church on as a late substitute for Wales, who need a late winner to guarantee their place in France
  • Church scored the winner with 10 seconds left of added time.

It was disallowed for offside :wink:
  • Was dumb as fuck to run ahead of the defender when Vokes could only knock it on to him.
  • Church scored the winner with 10 seconds left of added time.

It was disallowed for offside :wink:

Nearly the hero of a nation...
  • Gutted for Simon. Lot of Welsh man love.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope he enjoyed meeting up again with TBH...I wonder if TBH gave home a bit of stick!
  • Picked up that metro rag for the first time in ages this morning, and saw Church with his hands on his head in disbelief plus Tudgay in a red shirt on the other page. Gave me a bit of a flashback, in a 'panic attack' sort of way
  • Could be top scorer at next years Euros....

Might get good odds.

• Trying to imagine what sort of odds would tempt me to bother making that bet.

Might get good odds.

More chance of Messi being top scorer.

Might get good odds.

Lionel or Callum?
  • A picture of Simon Church on the front page of the Independent.

It's a strange old world.

Might get good odds.

Why couldn't he be?

:-)
  • So, Simon is debuting for Aberdeen against Celtic.
    If he scores, it proves how shit the SPL is.