Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• My missus is currently looking after ballot boxes and counting votes

She should be home by 5am, think I'll be doing the school run
  • Fiiish said:

Incredible exit polls if they're remotely accurate. Tories gain seats and Labour loses them, ringing endorsement for Cameron over Miliband.

'Ringing Endorsement'!

At some stage you have to take off your blue tinted goggles surely?
    I don't go into the sniping stuff, but if the ruling party increases it's vote for a second term, then I really can't see how you can say it is anything but.
    In my world a 'ringing endorsement' requires a majority at the minimum.
  • Fiiish said:

Incredible exit polls if they're remotely accurate. Tories gain seats and Labour loses them, ringing endorsement for Cameron over Miliband.

'Ringing Endorsement'!

First leader since 1983 to increase their party's allocation of seats (according to the Exit Polls), which is usually seen to be an endorsement by people who have the most basic grasp of politics.
  • Fiiish said:

'Ringing Endorsement'!

I don't go into the sniping stuff, but if the ruling party increases it's vote for a second term, then I really can't see how you can say it is anything but.
    But surely "ringing endorsement" should be reserved for a party winning a majority. If the numbers are in line with the exit poll, how could anyone describe the Tories' failure to win a majority as a "ringing endorsement"?
  • PL54 said:

Is it 326 for a majority ?

Yes. However, given that Sinn Fein don't take their seats, it may be possible that a government could be formed with 323 seats.
  • Chizz said:

The YouGov exit poll looks very different:

YouGov exit poll - CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1

What TV network are mentioning this?
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

'Ringing Endorsement'!

First leader since 1983 to increase their party's allocation of seats (according to the Exit Polls), which is usually seen to be an endorsement by people who have the most basic grasp of politics.
    Does that rule you out ? ;0)

• 20000 as a poll isn't big in light of the size of vote
  • At most you could expect maybe 10 seats either way. There is no way in a million years Labour will get the most seats (or anywhere near). There is also no way they will get a majority coalition with the SNP.

It has clearly been a puddle of piss of a night for Ed.

• Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

YouGov exit poll - CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1

ChizzTV
  • Chizz said:

Fiiish said:

'Ringing Endorsement'!

But surely "ringing endorsement" should be reserved for a party winning a majority. If the numbers are in line with the exit poll, how could anyone describe the Tories' failure to win a majority as a "ringing endorsement"?
    It is more of a ring than Labour and Ed Miliband's dull thud! (if the exit polls are correct of course).
  • You Gov poll is as Chizz says
  • Does anyone else think it slightly unseemly the rush at Sunderland ? Does it actually matter if it takes a couple of hours longer.

Can't see the Tories demanding a recount in Sunderland
  • looks like the Conservatives will get most seats but I find it hard to believe that the SNP will get 58 seats and that the Lib Dems 10.

At odds by a very large margin with every single poll for weeks and the predictions of five different polling companies and well as the USA guy on panorama.

Either it's not accurate or opinion polling is seriously flawed
  • Chizz said:

Where is this reported ? Can't see it anywhere, it's not even on YouGov's homepage.
  • You Gov pollster on bbc now.
  • Or it could be that the shy Tories have come out in force just like 1992

This is such a big election the turnout should be high

I suggested that might happen. Shy Tories like shy Charlton fans.
    Loud Labour like loud Millwall fans :smile:
  • Chizz said:

The main networks (BBC, Sky, ITN) fund the MORI Exit poll and therefore concentrate on that, instead of the YouGov numbers.

• At most you could expect maybe 10 seats either way. There is no way in a million years Labour will get the most seats (or anywhere near). There is also no way they will get a majority coalition with the SNP.

It has clearly been a puddle of piss of a night for Ed.

The said the margin for error was up to 20 seats early. Either the early polls were way, way off or this one is. All very odd really.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Chizz said:

Where is this reported ? Can't see it anywhere, it's not even on YouGov's homepage.
    BBC

• Or it could be that the shy Tories have come out in force just like 1992

This is such a big election the turnout should be high

I suggested that might happen. Shy Tories like shy Charlton fans.
    Loud Labour like loud Millwall fans :smile:
    Football analogies. Red / blue ;0)

• Sturgeon basically saying she doesn't believe the Sky polls prediction.

Whatever it is going to be a very long night!
  • I don't believe that the SNP has won that many seats or that the LibDems have lost that many. But I do think LibDems will have at most 20-25 seats and SNP will get at least 45-50.

UKIP will be an interesting sideshow but not much to affect the ensuing chaos. 2 seats sounds right, at most 3.

If Labour lose seats, it'd be pretty unprecedented for Miliband to stay on as Leader. I imagine knives are already being sharpened.
  • PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Chizz said:

BBC
    Cheers
  • My missus is currently looking after ballot boxes and counting votes

She should be home by 5am, think I'll be doing the school run

I think that's fair mate, the washing up must be right stacking up by then :-)
  • If Lib Dems do get up towards 30 seats as Paddy is predicting then I would think most of those will be expense of the Tories.
  • IF the YouGov exit poll numbers are correct it would mean Tories and Lib Dems at 315; while Lab, SNP, greens and PC at 315.

• Shy Tories like shy Charlton fans.

Wait a sec, I don't want the rich Premier League to get richer!
  • If Lib Dems do get up towards 30 seats as Paddy is predicting then I would think most of those will be expense of the Tories.

Probably ...if true ..but the exit poll does seem very surprising