Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• Or it could be that the shy Tories have come out in force just like 1992

This is such a big election the turnout should be high
  • Think NYA called 1992. I agreed.
  • Fiiish said:

Incredible exit polls if they're remotely accurate. Tories gain seats and Labour loses them, ringing endorsement for Cameron over Miliband.

Seems that way.

• stonemuse said:

Chizz said:

Exit polls showing Tories to romp home.

Tories 316
    Labour 239
    SNP 58
    Others 25
    Lib Dems 10
    UKIP 2

"Romp home"?

*chuckles*
    So you are not surprised then? I'm amazed how big the difference is.
    I am just surprised that a poll indicating that the Tories have failed to win a majority for the fifth successive general election, is described as "romping home".
  • Talk about pissing on you're chips with that exit poll. Might as well go to bed then.
  • Chizz said:

Tories 316
    Labour 239
    SNP 58
    Others 25
    Lib Dems 10
    UKIP 2

"Romp home"?

*chuckles*
    That's a pretty amazing result (if accurate) and I'm a Labour supporter.

If you have to lose then try and do so gracefully.
  • Does anyone else think it slightly unseemly the rush at Sunderland ? Does it actually matter if it takes a couple of hours longer.
  • edited May 2015
    Chizz said:

Tories 316
    Labour 239
    SNP 58
    Others 25
    Lib Dems 10
    UKIP 2

"Romp home"?

*chuckles*
    Yes, if it's true I'll be chuckling as well.

• Is it 326 for a majority ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

Incredible exit polls if they're remotely accurate. Tories gain seats and Labour loses them, ringing endorsement for Cameron over Miliband.

'Ringing Endorsement'!

At some stage you have to take off your blue tinted goggles surely?
  • Does anyone else think it slightly unseemly the rush at Sunderland ? Does it actually matter if it takes a couple of hours longer.

Fully agree SHG
  • @ this doesn't look good.
  • To the electorate he is like one of those confidence tricksters who mugs you but you don't realise until the next day.

• If you are a Labour supporter, blame the Scots ;)
  • Fantastic, let's hope the exit poll is even remotely true
  • Who counts the votes?
  • Paddy Pantsdown is going to eat a hat apparently. That's entertainment.
  • Potential for the polls being wrong imo. Con vote could be impacted by the LibDem vote being higher than exit poll, similarly from UKIP.

Labour could pick a few off from the high SNP vote, and some of the Con marginals.

The more I think, the more I can't believe that exit poll.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not placing quite as much faith in the accuracy of the exit poll. The political landscape and tactical voting behaviours are possibly not yet understood and properly factored in by the statisticians.

Spot on.
  • The YouGov exit poll looks very different:

YouGov exit poll - CON 284 MPs, LAB 263, LIBS 31, SNP 48, UKIP 2, PLAID 3, GREEN 1
  • brogib said:

Who counts the votes?

I've got a load spread out on my dining room table at the moment but I've got to get 'em all sorted and back down the town hall by 11.
  • Fiiish said:

'Ringing Endorsement'!

At some stage you have to take off your blue tinted goggles surely?
    I don't go into the sniping stuff, but if the ruling party increases it's vote for a second term, then I really can't see how you can say it is anything but.
  • If that exit poll is right, then wow. Absolutely amazing. Every single pollster got it wrong.
  • brogib said:

Who counts the votes?

Minimum wage immigrants
  • Potential for the polls being wrong imo. Con vote could be impacted by the LibDem vote being higher than exit poll, similarly from UKIP.

Labour could pick a few off from the high SNP vote, and some of the Con marginals.

The more I think, the more I can't believe that exit poll.

Can't quite believe it myself.

My life has improved since 2010. I have had two children.

Although, of course, I have been unaffected by the improvement of living standards that is so obvious around me as we rise out of recession.
  • brogib said:

Who counts the votes?

I've got a load spread out on my dining room table at the moment but I've got to get 'em all sorted and back down the town hall by 11.
    Eh?
  • Chizz said:

stonemuse said:

Chizz said:

Tories 316
    Labour 239
    SNP 58
    Others 25
    Lib Dems 10
    UKIP 2

"Romp home"?

*chuckles*
    So you are not surprised then? I'm amazed how big the difference is.
    I am just surprised that a poll indicating that the Tories have failed to win a majority for the fifth successive general election, is described as "romping home".
    I suppose in your world Labour have won according to the exit polls.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see.