Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• For those non members reading, current reading from the CL members poll at top of forum: Cons 36%, Lab 31%, UKIP 14%, Lib D 5%, Green 4%, Other 1%, Spoilt 1%, No vote 4%
  • Good effort Bart
  • edited May 2015
    I long for the day that the Sunderland results come in last. The Tories win....with a bloke as the winning candidate.
  • Ed Balls looks a frightened man.
  • Fiiish said:

Alastair Campbell needs a serious reality check, saying Ed could form a government on the basis of the exit poll. He's nearly as departed from reality than some of Ed's most aggressive apologists!

He is pointing out constitional reality!
    Dave has to secure a majority for queen's speech... At that point any party can table a no confidence amendment.
    The Lib Dems are hurting badly from five years of propping up Dave and many think they are unlikely to go again?! There is no way Dave can go alone!

The reality is that we, the voters, have armed the politicians to cut a deal. But the politicians will be looking at 2020 as much as 2015 before deciding how to carve out a government.

Various people might scream "no fair" but the electoral system is unlikely to change.

I expect this will take a week or two to resolve...but first we need real results results, not polls.
  • If Millband has lost seats overall he surely must resign
  • There can't be a situation now where flippin Ed Miliband is in power. Surely! It would be a global laughing stock.
  • There can't be a situation now where flippin Ed Miliband is in power. Surely! It would be a global laughing stock.

I hope there can be. I really don't get the British public, haven't we suffered enough?
  • If Cameron has become the first Conservative leader *ever* to lead his party into two elections without securing a majority, surely he must resign?
  • brogib said:

Nick Robinson's lost his voice. Too busy celebrating the exit polls.

Labour and lib dems looking like they're gonna get spanked.

Think he recently had a tumour removed from his throat
    wow, did not know that. In that case i take that back completely and good on him being up all night on this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey. Too many people gloating way too early. If that exit pole is out by 15-20 seats and the Lib Dems lose most of their seats the Tories will not be able to form a government.
    Wait til later before cracking open the champagne there are a lot of variables yet.
  • Chizz said:

If Cameron has become the first Conservative leader *ever* to lead his party into two elections without securing a majority, surely he must resign?

Chizz, your comments are verging on the deranged.
  • FINAL CALL - YouGov / The Sun / The Times results 6th May - Con 34%, Lab 34%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 4%

https://yougov.co.uk/news/categories/politics/

BBC / ITV talking like their exit poll is Moses tablet of stone. You Gov sees it different. Results not clear yet.
  • Blimey. Too many people gloating way too early. If that exit pole is out by 15-20 seats and the Lib Dems lose most of their seats the Tories will not be able to form a government.
    Wait til later before cracking open the champagne there are a lot of variables yet.

DUP and ukip might have enough though. This is going to be one interesting couple of weeks.
  • vff said:

FINAL CALL - YouGov / The Sun / The Times results 6th May - Con 34%, Lab 34%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 4%

BBC / ITV talking like their exit poll is Moses tablet of stone. You Gov sees it different. Results not clear yet.

That was yesterday.

I hope there can be. I really don't get the British public, haven't we suffered enough?
    Oh come on Sadie. It would be a slap in the face of the UK voters. It would be like Millwall staying up on a technicality.
  • vff said:

FINAL CALL - YouGov / The Sun / The Times results 6th May - Con 34%, Lab 34%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%, GRN 4%

to be fair the exit poll bbc, itv and sky are using are from the same people that got it basically spot on 5 years ago.
  • vff said:

Isn't that yesterday's poll?
  • The exit poll is based on 22,000 after they leave polls in a cross section 143 constituency.

The Yougov poll is based on 6000 via the phone
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

If Cameron has become the first Conservative leader *ever* to lead his party into two elections without securing a majority, surely he must resign?

• Exit poll crap, i predict CON largest party but under 300.
  • The exit poll is based on 22,000 after they leave polls in a cross section 143 constituency.

The Yougov poll is based on 6000 via the phone

Yeah. They rung me. Told them to f*** off because I was putting the kids to bed.
    Not sure if that classes as a spoilt paper in their poll?

• razil said:

If Millband has lost seats overall he surely must resign

In a traditional "last century" scenario then yes.
    But one should look at the numbers excluding Scotland as well as the fact that the Tories do not have an outright win.
    Let us not forget that Cameron has put our membership of the EU on the line. I think Ed has been poor but he has a role to play...
  • razil said:

But one should look at the numbers excluding Scotland as well as the fact that the Tories do not have an outright win.
    Let us not forget that Cameron has put our membership of the EU on the line. I think Ed has been poor but he has a role to play...
    if the exit polls are correct, yes they do. They are just slightly short of a majority. It only takes them to cut a deal with the DUP and UKIP or the lib dems to put them firmly in number 10 again.

• ITV News Calendar @itvcalendar · 1h 1 hour ago

'Exit polls are notoriously unpredictable' says election expert @KateDommett #GE2015 #itvcal http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2015-05-07/election-2015-expert-analysis-with-dr-kate-dommett/

• Chizz said:

Chizz, your comments are verging on the deranged.
    Play nicely.
  • People are saying the exit poll was a shock (which it was). I'll tell you what would be an even bigger shock - if the exit poll is out enough to give Ed a legitimate shot at power.
  • razil said:

Would agree if it werent for Cameron apparently adding seats