Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• Labour hold Wrexham, although a swing to the Tories in a safe Labour seat. Lib Dems lost 20% again.

Ignore 2-5% swings between Labour an con!
    The story is a Lib Dem collapse across urban and rural...
    As well as Labour not making ground!
    It's a dead heat between left and right?
    That's one way of putting it.

Another is that the Tories are looking like gaining seats and carrying on in government, with or without partners.
  • DUP hold 2 seats & Sinn Fein hold 1 seat In NI.
  • edited May 2015
    Simon Hughes to lose is Bermondsey seat.
    Decimated!!
  • Exit poll is right, could be worse for Labour infact.
  • edited May 2015
    Nuneaton held by Tories and increased majority by 3000. Tories up 4%, Labour down 2%, Lib Dems down 16%, UKIP up 14%. Labour were hoping to win.

Cons 20827
    Lab 15945
    Lib Dem 816
    Green 1281
    Ed 104
    TUSC 194
    UKIP 6582
  • DUP hold 2 seats & Sinn Fein hold 1 seat In NI.

I thought one was SDLP and the graphic is wrong
  • Nuneaton

Cons 20827
    Lab 15945
    Lib Dem 816
    Green 1281
    Ed 104
    TUSC 194
    UKIP 6582

Big Labour target that. They've got no chance!

• Nuneaton has a big UKIP factor.
  • Ta ta Milliband.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

DUP hold 2 seats & Sinn Fein hold 1 seat In NI.

I thought one was SDLP and the graphic is wrong
    Tbf so Did I.
  • edited May 2015
    Nuneaton proves the exit poll, imo. Very surprised. Gonna turn in soon
  • Im hoping that the exit polls are right now, and Conservatives are ONLY on 316.
  • Labour hold Clwd South. Main swing from Lib Dems to UKIP, very small swing from Labour to Tories.
  • Blunkett admitting defeat.
  • Pundits questioning where it all went wrong for Labour.

Two words.

Ed Milliband
  • It should be 1DUP and 1 SDLP and 1SF.
  • Mind you the Nuneaton result now goes against the fabled exit poll.
  • edited May 2015

Nuneaton held by Tories and increased majority by 3000. Tories up 4%, Labour down 2%, Lib Dems down 16%, UKIP up 14%. Labour were hoping to win.

Cons 20827
    Lab 15945
    Lib Dem 816
    Green 1281
    Ed 104
    TUSC 194
    UKIP 6582

Exit poll suggested a swing to Labour, so exit pollsters are now hinting that there may be a Tory majority overall.
  • Nuneaton proves the exit poll, imo. Very surprised. Gonna turn in soon

Exit poll had it as a Labour gain!!
  • Sponsored links:

• @rustyrockets well I'm never voting again!

;-)
  • You're doing ok Callum. 5-10 years ago you would have found it much more difficult to get a job, like my lads did.
    It seemed hopeless for years. But as you say you're doing ok and so are the 2 million extra people now in a job.
  • edited May 2015
    Callum, it could be that a Conservative led administration might only limp along (unless they engineer a spending spree) because the numbers may yet not stack up for them. Against a background of struggling to pass legislation, Euro shenanigans, and Cameron saying he is going and Boris and Gove plus others vying for his job I can't see it surviving five years intact.
    Don't be depressed, Cameron is not a winner like Thatcher or even Major was, and imagine Boris or Gove in charge, they won't win the Nation.
  • Ta ta Milliband.

Hello Miliband.
  • One of the few occassions the 7 hours time zone works in my favour, it's only 9am here, few cups of coffee and the (British) news before work at 1.

Lovely. Just a shame there's no one at work to talk to about it, only bloody Yanks and Chinese people I'm not allowed to discuss it with.
  • Bloke on BBC saying a distinct possibility that Tories will end up with a majority.
  • edited May 2015
    Kilmarnock

Lib Dem 789
    SNP 30000
    Lab 16362 26% swing Lab to SNP
    Con 6752
  • >
    seth plum said:

Callum, it could be that a Conservative led administration might only limp along (unless they engineer a spending spree) because the numbers may yet not stack up for them. Against a background of struggling to pass legislation, Euro shenanigans, and Cameron saying he is going and Boris and Gove plus others vying for his job I can't see it surviving five years intact.
    Don't be depressed, Cameron is not a winner like Thatcher or even Major was, and imagine Boris or Gove in charge, they won't win the Nation.

But who would you replace them with?
    A party that a large part of the country has no faith in whatsoever on tonight's showing?
  • Dunbartonshire West gain to SNP.