Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• balls bint keeps her seat

Ukip getting good numbers in votes but not winning seats but really disrupting the voting
  • Charlie Kennedy gone
  • Labour hold Slough.
  • Red eds seat voting in

• Nick the flying brick loony , get in there what a win
  • Ed Milliband holds his seat and looks mighty relieved to do so
  • Looks like Conservative will achieve a small majority.
  • Congratulations to Britain for seeing sense when they went into the ballot box.

Pretty much just heard millibands resignation speech there
  • Greens lose out to UKIP (just) in Greenwich/Woolwich but beat the dead-duck Dems (just). Hope you kippers are happy, ruining my dreams like this ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I have lost faith in the British public.

Sorry you feel that way but they've voted for strong government and a centre-right Tory party over a hard left Labour party.
  • Hard left?!?!?? Come on.
  • Leuth said:

Hard left?!?!?? Come on.

By modern standards they are hard left
  • Leuth said:

Hard left?!?!?? Come on.

Bear in mind the Tory party have more in common with the Democrats than Republicans in the US so where is Labour on that example spectrum?
  • Sick in mouth. Low point.
  • Leuth said:

Hard left?!?!?? Come on.

Bear in mind the Tory party have more in common with the Democrats than Republicans in the US so where is Labour on that example spectrum?
    America is off the right-wing deep end
  • Oh well, one silver lining, Galloway's gone!
  • The main thing I don't get is people turned on lib dems for getting into bed with Tories but voted Tories???
  • Sponsored links:

• Or UKIP, who aren't like the less-liberal wing of the Tories at all
  • Leuth said:

Or UKIP, who aren't like the less-liberal wing of the Tories at all

I know it's been said on here a few times, but I don't believe Lib Dem voters have switched to UKIP. They will have switched to somewhere else and other voters switched to UKIP.
  • Ah, the flat screen layabouts, #1 drain on our economy (apart from immigrant benefit scroungers) and recipients of the entire prospective Labour budget
  • Flatscreen TVs aren't expensive
  • aliwibble said:

Oh well, one silver lining, Galloway's gone!

Have some Respect
  • Should I be worried as a Brit living in the EU now, that we will pull out?
  • I'm done with debating

Thankfully it looks like the country has spoken and when it's an important election the good old Tories come out in force

I have read so much leftie rubbish on here and Facebook in the last week but thankfully the good people in this country have come out in force to stop our country going backwards again

We know wealthy suburbs and rural constituencies vote Tory but I'm struck by how many relatively down at heel towns like Peterborough, Ipswich, Great Yarmouth and Watford do too.

Can the left stop characterising them solely as the party of the rich?