Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• Leuth said:

Ah, the flat screen layabouts, #1 drain on our economy (apart from immigrant benefit scroungers) and recipients of the entire prospective Labour budget

Living in China, I thought it'd be a little rich of me to mention the immigrants. ;-)
  • Ed Milliband holds his seat and looks mighty relieved to do so

Shockingly low turnout in his constituency. 56% (compared with 68% in my constituency). Was it raining up North yesterday or something?
  • cafcfan said:

Ed Milliband holds his seat and looks mighty relieved to do so

Shockingly low turnout in his constituency. 56% (compared with 68% in my constituency). Was it raining up North yesterday or something?
    Turnouts always lower in safe Labour seats
  • Should I be worried as a Brit living in the EU now, that we will pull out?

given the level of debate about europe encouraged in the english media then yeah you should be terrified

• Woke up to some bitter sweet news, Galloway being ousted by Labour
  • I find it sad that nationwide 1 in 3 people don't vote - don't they realise what a privilege it is?
  • brogib said:

Woke up to some bitter sweet news, Galloway being ousted by Labour

To be fair that is the only possibility that I can conceivably be happy about Labour winning a seat.

Also, good morning Britain!

And what a good morning it is!
  • The colours were the wrong way round on the CLife poll........(leftie moans).

It was the AFKA wot won it!!
  • edited May 2015
    And this is why Miliband's anti Islamophobia policy was so dangerous -
    40 percent of the Muslim population want Sharia law introduced into the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Until such time that Islam reforms and moves into the modern age rather than the stone age, the people of the UK have very good reason to be afraid, very afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Flatscreen TVs aren't expensive

Flatscreen TVs are ALL you can buy these days.

• Just need Ed Balls out now

Please
  • Any noise from Russell Brand yet
  • It is amazing looking at the Current vote split compared to our CL poll above. It is scarily accurate.

After 543 seats the vote split is

Cons 35%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 12%
    LD 7%
    Green 4%

Our poll after just 284 votes is

Cons 35%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 5%
    Green 4%

Unbelievable
  • And this is why Miliband's anti Islamophobia policy was so dangerous -
    40 percent of the Muslim population want Sharia law introduced into the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Until such time that Islam reforms and moves into the modern age rather than the stone age, the people of the UK have very good reason to be afraid, very afraid.

Have you been keeping that article up your sleeve for nine and a half years or did you trawl through the recesses of Google to find something the suited your "interesting" little opinion ?
  • Yeah, I noticed the same AFKA, just goes to show
  • edited May 2015

It is amazing looking at the Current vote split compared to our CL poll above. It is scarily accurate.

After 543 seats the vote split is

Cons 35%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 12%
    LD 7%
    Green 4%

Our poll after just 284 votes is

Cons 35%
    Lab 32%
    UKIP 14%
    LD 5%
    Green 4%

Unbelievable

Jog on Nate Silver :-)
  • I find it sad that nationwide 1 in 3 people don't vote - don't they realise what a privilege it is?

The privelege is being able to choose whether or not to vote in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• brogib said:

Any noise from Russell Brand yet

I bet he's spewing into his granola. Trews that you long haired prick.
    I expect Osborne is working up proposals for a tax on millionaires' web sites to pay for social housing......

(Revenge, cold, delicious.)

Be careful out there @AFKABartram!
  • BBC reporting that Conservatives are set to win 325 seats, which means majority of the seats in parliament. Sounds better to me than the agreements suggested through the night.
  • I'd really like a majority victory now and be able to judge the next 4 yrs on their own merits and failures
  • Any idea why looking at the overall England picture that the Conservatives have done relatively poorly in London ?
  • Ed Balls asked for recount after trailing by 200 or so votes apparently.

Zero hours contract for Mr Balls?
  • Any idea why looking at the overall England picture that the Conservatives have done relatively poorly in London ?

Maybe they've seen what I've seen. There is evil in the air.
    Evil? You sure
  • I'd really like a majority victory now and be able to judge the next 4 yrs on their own merits and failures

As long as they don't do what the SNP did in their second term (constantly talking referendum), that sounds reasonable.

I would expect Osbourne to miss his budget targets again, which is not necessarily a bad thing.