Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• People in the Public Sector should be very afraid. I fear it is going to be very brutal.
    Nick Robinson has just been on air extolling the virtues of Ed Balls and stating that he was one of the cleverest economists you will ever meet. I always thought that he never rated him.
    Scary times. Well done Scotland. Cameron is a lucky man............again.
  • Have to say, and I really don't like Ed Balls (at least his public persona and his politics anyway) but he was pretty gracious in defeat, despite making a longer speech than Jenkyns.
  • Fiiish said:

Any idea why looking at the overall England picture that the Conservatives have done relatively poorly in London ?

London is full of hipsters and idiots who vote Labour or Green purely because it's trendy. London in no way reflects anywhere else in the UK. It's virtually a separate country.
    @Fiiish I'm not a hipster and I voted Labour so that must make me an idiot :wink:
  • Lol I have not seen any destruction

Apart from the Lib Dems last night pmsl
  • During the Scottish Referendum, a number of poster asked whether the Labour Party would able to govern if their 50 odd Scottish no longer counted. Now we know the answer to that question.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Fiiish said:

Any idea why looking at the overall England picture that the Conservatives have done relatively poorly in London ?

London is full of hipsters and idiots who vote Labour or Green purely because it's trendy. London in no way reflects anywhere else in the UK. It's virtually a separate country.
    @Fiiish I'm not a hipster and I voted Labour so that must make me an idiot :wink:
    Haha that's good to hear! :wink:

London is mostly decent people and even without the hipsters I would wager they would still lean Labour's way, just too many shouty Russell Brand wannabes and bloggers with stupid beards and tattoos that mindlessly follow the trend.
  • I expect the Conservatives to work for the 35% of the electorate they need to get elected again, I mean there is no need to do anything for Scotland, the North or London because there's no votes/seats in it.
    Not a huge fan of Labour, even though I voted for Heidi Alexandra, but I feel sure the Conservative victors are now waving wanker signs at the rest of us from their car windows.
    Strangely depressed this morning now that Michael Gove is in everybody's garden.
  • IAgree said:

Fiiish said:

Leuth said:

Going to pursue an aggressive policy of flagging Fiiish whenever he says something disgusting and derogatory now that the fun and games of the election preamble is over and we're up shit creek

Calm down sunshine, here's some ELO to cheer you up :smiley:

https://youtu.be/bjPqsDU0j2I
    Fiish - You are a self absorbed (people are always " obsessed " with you LOL) sad little Tory Boy Troll (you delight in mixing it) who belittles and shouts down others opinion with pseudo analysis which shows your complete lack of life experience or intellect.

If the Labour Party had a percentage point for each of your vitriolic posts they would have romped home. Your little speech about how you have had an interesting debate on this post was laughable - your constant assertion that Labour supporters are apologists is frankly insulting and your claim that everyone else " throws abuse" equally so since it is always you that starts being unpleasant and insulting - A little projection I think.

So Fiish - Shut the hell up!
    Hahaha *chomp

You should have had a bigger breakfast
  • edited May 2015
    Oh well, guess it makes it slightly easier for me to buy a house in a couple of years after finishing Uni, just other graduates will not have even more outrageous debt than I have and the disabled will live incredibly miserable lives but meh I'm ok.
  • ....and you can't beat giving the celeb endorsers (Brand & Freeman to name 2) a good kick in the Balls
  • What a great night for democracy. The hard working man will benefit as will those who would like a day in Britains future in Europe.
  • edited May 2015
    Interesting in Old Bexley and Sidcup that Tory and Labour vote went down and UKIP up by 14%.

Probably people pissed off with all the foreigners working in the Sidcup 99p Store?
  • where will Ed stick his Ten Commandments now?
  • I hope Russell Brand has a moment of reflection that his level of followers on Twitter and whatever social media outlet doesn't mean that he is as popular as he and others believe, a high level of those probably only follow him to see what lying bullshit he will speak next, his swing from don't vote to vote millband probably contributed to the failure of labour

You should have worked in my industry mate. You would have seen people being put through the wringer and dumped. LOL indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    The Tories have played a blinder in all this. Managed to turn nearly every lib dem seat to their advantage. Scared voters by claiming a vote for Ukip is a vote for Labour. And a vote for Labour is a vote for Scotland. And now they are reaping the rewards.
    If any of the twirps in the Labour Party had a brain they would have found a way to turn those potential votes to THEIR advantage during the campaign. Maybe headed up by a genuine candidate that had a persona.But again they show they are incapable.
    Labour needs to change, and quickly. Their current model is not fit for purpose.
  • But in mine I have seen it flourish it's the use of the word destruction I am laughing at
  • I suppose it's down to choice Bournemouth. I try and take everything on merit.

I think near enough everyone accepted spending had got out of control and the size and growing rate of debt was becoming a very serious issue. Most people want 'something to be done' but most people also want that 'something to be done' not to impact them.

Personally I'd rather suffer a little impact now which hopefully addresses the situation than see the potential impact being far far greater when my children are older and very serious austerity would have to be enforced.

Just my view, and I'm a public sector worker whose family rely on public services more than most, and who also wants us to stayin Europe. I've no doubt I would probably be better off under a Labour rule, but countries thrive better on strong and secure governments, and that current Labour administration I believe is a poor one currently not strong enough to govern. They haven't proved themselves in any way of being more capable than the current incumbent. They now have five years to address that.

The Consertive grip of the house and nation will be marginal, so any underperformance will lead to an outing at the next election with no major damage done in rule as they never had a strong enough mandate to carry through any major change.

I'm grateful though as an Englishman that this currently looks the best result for England, though as a big supporter of the Union I think the amazing result in Scotland effectively tears up the UK in future years.

Good piece AFKA, although there is no-one to keep them in check this time, seemingly.
  • But in mine I have seen it flourish it's the use of the word destruction I am laughing at

You might not get much work out of Milan after an EU referendum

That's what concerns me the most about a Tory government
  • Chizz said:

If Cameron has become the first Conservative leader *ever* to lead his party into two elections without securing a majority, surely he must resign?

Hmmmmm this may turn out ro be an incorrect statement
  • Sitting on the train in a blue tie, blue blazer and jeans looking like a proper Tory Wanker whistling Mr Blue Sky as I head off to work.

And don't I bloody love it!

LOL, but I'm not quite sure in what respect.
  • Right that's that shit over and done with. Who fancies a Kirkland upset against Alvarez?