Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election 2015 official thread

Comments

• Play nicely children.......
  • Not just unemployed ones, unemployed lazy no good money spending that they ain't earned ones, the scourge of modern society only second to the cost to tax payers than the greedy fat cnut bankers
  • Why did the benefits bill explode by over £50bn? This cannot be explained by population increase alone and GDP did boom between the years quoted? Not having a go at anyone, just genuinely interested as to how we found ourselves spending £50bn more on benefits if people were supposed to be getting richer, better off and having better job opportunities?
  • Not just unemployed ones, unemployed lazy no good money spending that they ain't earned ones, the scourge of modern society only second to the cost to tax payers than the greedy fat cnut bankers

Stop talking about the Royal Family like that!
  • edited April 2015
    Ok, let's get back to some interesting "facts".

I've just watched last night's Panorama - Who will win the election ?

American statistician Nate Silver, who apparently called the last USA election correct re every single US State & apparently, always gets these things correct. His prediction -

Conservative 283
    Labour 270
    SNP 48
    Lib Dem 24
    DUP 8
    UKIP 1
    Others 16

His conclusion. To close too call what will happen.

Personally, if I understand it correctly and the present govt, get first dibs.
    Then the Tories, basically, have to try and get most of the others on their side (obviously SNP will side with Labour).

I can't see that happening & think it's more likely Lib Dems will side with Labour & Labour will form a minority govt.
  • Ok, let's get back to some interesting "facts".

American statistician Nate Silver, who apparently called the last USA election correct re every single US State & apparently, always gets these things correct. His prediction -

Conservative 283
    Labour 270
    SNP 48
    Lib Dem 24
    DUP 8
    UKIP 1
    Others 16

Then the Tories, basically, have to try and get most of the others on their side (obviously SNP will side with Labour).

I can't see that happening & think it's more likely Lib Dems will side with Labour & Labour will form a minority govt.

I thought the Lib Dems said they'd only enter a coalition with the party who held the most seats (hence them not joining Labour in 2010) ?

Interesting from the American analyst but I'd imagine that where there are only two real options as per American Presidential elections it's slightly easier to predict than when you have a dozen or so options which must increase the variables hugely.
  • edited April 2015
    Yes, Nate Silver said exactly that and took that into account.
  • edited April 2015
    se9addick said:

Ok, let's get back to some interesting "facts".

Conservative 283
    Labour 270
    SNP 48
    Lib Dem 24
    DUP 8
    UKIP 1
    Others 16

I thought the Lib Dems said they'd only enter a coalition with the party who held the most seats (hence them not joining Labour in 2010) ?

Interesting from the American analyst but I'd imagine that where there are only two real options as per American Presidential elections it's slightly easier to predict than when you have a dozen or so options which must increase the variables hugely.
    They held Coalition talks with Labour but the two most important factors in their failure to achieve an agreement were that Labour were more or less unwilling to budge on any issue (insiders reported that Labour's attack dogs hissed at the LibDems that they should be ganging up on the evil Tories so they should be willing to vote for anything Labour put on the table) and the fact that they would have had to rely on the smaller parties to push through legislation anyway, which would have meant even more chaotic bargaining with the extremists in the other nations.
  • Wicked Labour shock post by Fiiish
  • Sponsored links:

• A Labour minority government (probably applies to the Tories as well) wouldn't last 6 months. In the case of a minority government being the only choice, it would be a poisoned chalice. Nobody would want it as the chaos that ensued would be blamed on the party in 'power'. We would have another election in the Autumn, and the opposition party would walk it IMO.
  • Wicked Labour shock post by Fiiish

Am I still a prick though? ;-)
  • Out of the non genuine benefits claimants in this country ie those that are either lazy, on the fiddle, unemployable, on smack, or all of the above, how much as a percentage would vote labour if they bothered to vote?

100%?

Maybe 95%

Doesn't that tell it all?

I'd vote for a NLA/Fiish/DamoNorthStand coalition tomorrow...
  • Fiiish said:

Wicked Labour shock post by Fiiish

Am I still a prick though? ;-)

Can I answer that Shooters?

:wink:
  • Out of the non genuine benefits claimants in this country ie those that are either lazy, on the fiddle, unemployable, on smack, or all of the above, how much as a percentage would vote labour if they bothered to vote?

100%?

Maybe 95%

How do you go about emigrating?!?

Yep all the great minds aligning with Labour. Although it has to be said the bloke on the right looks more prime ministerial than the one on the left.

100%?

Maybe 95%

That's not a coalition. That's a cabal of Tories

Yep all the great minds aligning with Labour. Although it has to be said the bloke on the right looks more prime ministerial than the one on the left.

of the two I'd vote for Joey

100%?

Maybe 95%

That's not a coalition. That's a cabal of Tories

I'm a Tory? I should be told, I've forgot to vote for them my whole life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:
    I opened that link, genuinely hoping for a "pearl of wisdom". But there were no quotes from Hawking re this election.

It just says he will vote Labour, because they gave more money to science.

Not exactly a deal breaker.

(Yes he referred to the importance of keeping a free NHS, but so what, all parties have pledged that & Tories claim, they will be putting more money into the NHS than Labour.

100%?

Maybe 95%

It's pretty easy. ;-)

100%?

Maybe 95%

Well for starters a solid job, skills that would be of benefit to another's countries economy and a hard work ethic if you want a visa / green card in most countries.

Rules out the people in Southend's post. Hence why we are stuck with them and more and more decent people up sticks and leave. In all seriousness - probably good news for the Labour party in the long term.
  • Think the Election Thread has nearly run out of steam. Can see this developing into a discussion about how good Vim used to be.

I always thought Dennis was better than Vim.
  • Greenie said:
    He doesn't want the NHS to be privatised but he's voting for the party that privatised 4% of it? Some genius, bet all that bollocks about black holes is rubbish as well.
  • Fiiish said:

Greenie said:
    He doesn't want the NHS to be privatised but he's voting for the party that privatised 4% of it? Some genius, bet all that bollocks about black holes is rubbish as well.
    I'm inclined to believe him ahead of some posters on here.

• To be fair, the NHS saved his life, multiple times, I can see why he's so passionate about it and fair enough he's voting for the candidate in his constituency he believes is best placed to protect it (the headline is rather misleading, it doesn't mention Ed Miliband once as a quote from him). I'm sure that the hundreds of people killed by the incompetence and malpractice that happened as a result of Labour's management of the NHS would probably vote against Labour, but sadly for those people the dead can't vote.
  • edited April 2015
    Fiiish said:

?.......... I'm sure that the hundreds of people killed by the incompetence and malpractice that happened as a result of Labour's management of the NHS would probably vote against Labour, but sadly for those people the dead can't vote.

The amount of utter Bullshit you are posting on this thread has risen significantly over the last couple of days. You are not even pretending to engage in sensible debate anymore.

• edited April 2015

Fiiish said:

?.......... I'm sure that the hundreds of people killed by the incompetence and malpractice that happened as a result of Labour's management of the NHS would probably vote against Labour, but sadly for those people the dead can't vote.

The amount of utter Bullshit you are posting on this thread has risen significantly over the last couple of days. You are not even pretending to engage in sensible debate anymore.

As opposed to you, as you've managed to post complete and utter bullshit at a consistently high level since the thread's inception. Anyone would struggle to find a post from you in the past week that would resemble anything close to 'engaging in sensible debate'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stafford_Hospital_scandal