Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poll for election

No discussion just name the party you are leaning towards without an explanation or state "undecided" or "none" if you are still on the fence or are currently not considering voting at all. Any discussions can be had in existing thread http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/67182/general-election-2015-official-thread#latest

I'll wait 48 hours to get figures and do the Charlton life percentages poll, will be interesting to see how it looks compared to the national ones, will then reopen Thread again in a couple of weeks and repeat to see if the campaigning has changed the minds of many of us, then after that we can see how our polls match up to the real results on May 7th, just a bit of fun but will be interesting. Remember just the one word answer.

Comments

• Options
    Labour
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Labour

• Options
    none of the above
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    Not sure this will work Sadie to be honest. Found historically a big difference between those who contribute anonymously and when 'named'.

We did an anon exit poll foll from following the last election, and was planning to do the same again.
  • Options
    Result from our exit poll in May 2010

CONS - 33%
    LAB - 27%
    LIB DEM - 33%
    OTHER - 8%

Will b interesting the change this time
  • Options
    Green or TUSC. Probably Green.
  • Options
    Conservative
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    None
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    edited April 2015

CONS - 33%
    LAB - 27%
    LIB DEM - 33%
    OTHER - 8%

Think the lib dem vote will be down.

Proves that CL are all left wing/right wing (delete accordingly) : - )
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Plaid Cymru
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Conservative
  • Options
    On this site labour will win all day and every day long

is it worth it :)

• Options
    Undecided, but definitely not Labour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On this site labour will win all day and every day long

is it worth it :)

They didn't according to the CL exit poll from 2010
  • Options

CONS - 33%
    LAB - 27%
    LIB DEM - 33%
    OTHER - 8%

Compare with national vote in 2010

CON 36.1%

LAB 29.0%

LD 23.0%

OTHERS 11.9%

So fewer others as might be expected as no option to vote Plaid Cymru, DUP, SNP etc for most Lifers.

Otherwise CL proved to be more lib dem than the nation as a whole but only slightly.

I wonder what the London and SE percentages were.

Broadly, CL voted the way the country did and doesn't have a huge left wing, PC loving guardian bias or a massive right wing UKIP Daily Mail reading bias either as much as some would like to believe it does.
  • Options
    I'm actually very surprised looking back at just how close our exit poll was to the national vote. Higher LibDem vote probably due to them doing better in London boroughs / fringes, than nationally.

This time i would expect an increase in Others due to the rise of UKIP, a fall in Lib Dem, and i really don't know about the top two. Never be guided by what you perceive to be the norm just because of some of the most vocal.

For comparison, the exit polls from Palace site last time was:

CONS - 30%
    LAB - 20%
    LIB DEM - 40%
    OTHER - 10%

And Millwall:

CONS - 33%
    LAB - 14%
    LIB DEM - 11%
    OTHER - 42%

Given the popularity of Simon Hughes in Bermondsey over the last 30 years, i think the LD vote shows (like us) how many of their fans have moved away from the area.
  • Options
    None of the above.
  • Options
    Conservative
    We seem to have stopped considering the merits of our local candidates. Our system is supposed to work from the bottom up. Jeremy Hunt is an excellent constituency MP and has helped me on a number of occasions. The reason we get so many tossers in Parliament is probably down to voting solely on party allegiance and entirely ignoring the credentials of the candidates who can be selected by the party for all the wrong reasons.
  • Options

Conservative
    We seem to have stopped considering the merits of our local candidates. Our system is supposed to work from the bottom up. Jeremy Hunt is an excellent constituency MP and has helped me on a number of occasions. The reason we get so many tossers in Parliament is probably down to voting solely on party allegiance and entirely ignoring the credentials of the candidates who can be selected by the party for all the wrong reasons.

But sitting MPs tend to get what is called the incumbency effect, worth as much as 15% to some Lib Dem MPs but less for Labour and Tory.

http://nottspolitics.org/2013/01/25/how-incumbency-changed-the-outcome-of-the-2010-election/
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    Conservative Lib/Dem UKIP Undecided

Definitely not Labour or Green.