Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Poll for election

Comments

• Options
    UKIP
  • Options
    Undecided.
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options

Spoilt ballot paper so that my disgust with all the main parties is registered, it's better than not voting

Its better to vote for an actual party - so vote for a minor party - because even if Labour win in Eltham for example, they still get analysts to see why so many people voted for smaller parties. It actually has a greater impact than spoiling your ballot as the major parties start to worry about why support for minor parties is increasing. For example when the Greens initially became popular the major parties began to adopt environmental policies and this can be seen in this election too with UKIP as ALL the major parties are now a lot stricter on immigrantion policies, so without malking a meaningful vote you can still have an impact.

I think they do also look at the number of spoilt ballots but these figures don't tell them what people actually want.
    the idea of a spoilt ballot is to show disapproval at the current system. If enough people spoil their papers (ie the majority) then, in theory, the queen will have to tell all political parties to disband and start again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Spoilt ballot paper so that my disgust with all the main parties is registered, it's better than not voting

Its better to vote for an actual party - so vote for a minor party - because even if Labour win in Eltham for example, they still get analysts to see why so many people voted for smaller parties. It actually has a greater impact than spoiling your ballot as the major parties start to worry about why support for minor parties is increasing. For example when the Greens initially became popular the major parties began to adopt environmental policies and this can be seen in this election too with UKIP as ALL the major parties are now a lot stricter on immigrantion policies, so without malking a meaningful vote you can still have an impact.

I think they do also look at the number of spoilt ballots but these figures don't tell them what people actually want.
    the idea of a spoilt ballot is to show disapproval at the current system. If enough people spoil their papers (ie the majority) then, in theory, the queen will have to tell all political parties to disband and start again.
    This would never happen which is why voting for a minor party (if you don't like the major ones) is effective whereas spoiling your ballot is pretty much ineffective
    Voting for minor parties shows your disapproval of the major parties
  • Options
    Undecided but my own business anyway ;-)
  • Options
    Conservative
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Conservative.

Labour destroyed our economy and though I'm told that's not the case by Labour defenders....

Who also say it's the Conservatives fault 1st time buyers are getting older and living at home longer, However it was a conservative scheme that got me on the property ladder.

It is under a conservatives that we have crawled out of the recession that we fell into under labour.

However I don't get involved with or listen to all the background crap and bitching between the parties and their corrupt ways, so i'm sure people will tell me i'm wrong and I should vote X, Y or Z instead.

I think you HAVE to vote with an "X" mate, just putting a "Z" next to conservative make it look like you think they are boring.......
  • Options
    conservative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conservative
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    Independent
  • Options
    UKIP or maybe Tory
  • Options
    None - Ever
  • Options
    UKIP
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

(Green)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Labour (and proud!)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh

(Green)

You might have a point.

The lesser spotted whelk like gazelle is an endangered species.

:-)
  • Options
    Labour (sorry to ignore the rules, but others have written missives - so to qualify, I would vote Tory if I was in a constituency where they were more likely to keep UKIP out. There is no party that really represents my views, Labour are too right, The Greens too mental and I'm not Scottish...).
  • Options
    Labour
  • Options
    someone want to set up an actual poll?
  • Options
    Thought we all had to put a cross on the Bulot paper
  • Options
    Labour.