Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    So many overreactions to an improved system that sadly failed to be ready in time for the system.

You lot make it sound like the club are ignoring the issues.

In reality Katrien is more likely utilising her time better than that and working to ensure the new tickets are delivered or collectable in time for the next game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a further apology published once the issues are resolved, however if she is correct and Royal Mail admit they (very unllikely) have fudged the delivery up..... how many of you moaning miseries will apologise?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So many overreactions to an improved system that sadly failed to be ready in time for the system.

You lot make it sound like the club are ignoring the issues.

In reality Katrien is more likely utilising her time better than that and working to ensure the new tickets are delivered or collectable in time for the next game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a further apology published once the issues are resolved, however if she is correct and Royal Mail admit they (very unllikely) have fudged the delivery up..... how many of you moaning miseries will apologise?

P.s this ended up in the wrong thread but would be interesting to see AB's comment if the above did occur.
  • Options
    Anyway, back to VOTV itself, an excellent read, I thought. (Sure you'll catch up later @Addickted.)

Only thing missing was something from that funny girl who kept missing games... ;-)

• Options
    .... and keeps winning Valley Gold :blush:
  • Options
    Addickted said:

.... and keeps winning Valley Gold :blush:

That's the first for about ten years!

• Options
    edited August 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the point AFKA was making was that we can all be negative in different ways. I haven't seen Airman dig out a player for instance. Doesn't mean people aren't entitled to their opinions as they are entitled to change them. I have no doubt your family are fantastic fans and great for the club, but so is Airman - his record speaks for itself. The club has been and is very fortunate to have him as a supporter.
  • Options
    My opinion of Greenie though is that his views are at least purely from a supporters view. Yes he was wrong about Fox, and AFKA is right in saying we can all be negative in different ways. Greenie was harsh about Fox, although he has admitted he was wrong, it was still a harsh criticism in the first place. Airman equally has the right to be negative and I am in no way disrespecting him as a supporter. What he has done for the club speaks for itself and I really do appreciate that. But just seems supporters like Greenie dispute certain things and act negatively as a fan. Many of Airmans negativity of the last couple of years has been more of a personal attack due to the way he left the club. Understandable in one respect but he does not need to keep doing it over and over.
    Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

@Greenie the great Club defender, the slayer of negativity.

Yet branded the scorer of our 2nd goal the worst footballer he's ever seen.

Gotta laugh :-)

Someone has to address the balance of negativity that has been around the club and CL, but its not just down to me, you can as well, if you want.

Nicely spun. If only I said that last season before he scored.......oh.....hang on I did.
    Yep Fox's display was one of the worst I had seen, I slaughtered him, has did many a poster on here, I have since gone on record as saying I was wrong because he is Championship standard, he wasn't then (when I made the comments) but he is now, he could have gone either way like so many of our players.

But what is endearing and touching is when someone remembers, or trawls back through posts to stuff that was written last season, in a way I find it friendly and comforting that fellow lifers remember, you gotta laugh, cheers AFKA. ;o)
  • Options
    Guess it depends whether you are criticising constructively or not? I think AB pointing out where things may be wrong is in order to draw attention to things which could be improved. Not sure digging out a young player as useless is of any help at all - it is just venting.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I've added a little post-match ramble around the events of yesterday at www.votvonline.com.

It comes over as yet another bitter attack on the club. Terrible piece.
    Move On as they say......
    If you say so, but some might think it's you who needs to move on.
    Oh dear, nice defence of your article though, well done.
    I don't need to defend it - there's no debate to be had with your comment because it doesn't make any argument about any issue covered. It's just the same personal stuff from another of the same people, as most on here will realise.
    Airman's right. You played the man not the ball there.

Criticise the article by all means but for all the "move on" and "Airman's a bit overweight" comments not one of his critics have said "You're wrong when you say this because......"

And Cabbles, no, this isn't an argument so don't put it on that silly thread : - )
    I think @cafctom beat me to it. Bloody work getting in the way of stirring the pot.
  • Options

I used to really enjoy Greenie's posts, but in the last month they appear to have developed an unpleasant edge. Chill out Greenie, don't go all PL54 onus.

@PL54 may be perceived as a 'troll' in some quarters but I like to think he's our troll and we love him
  • Options
    it's the club( no matter who owns us) can do no wrong posse against the well this is what they are doing wrong(no matter who owns us) posse

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I am with Greenie if you want a wing man tip me the wink, we are the bastions of positive thinking about Rd and the gang, don't let these evil Internet bullies force you to change my friend

Rolly two chalets red and white army Rolly two chalets red and white army

Let's fking av it

Cheers NLA, because of the bullying I've had to suffer from all these old men, I've had to go into therapy, when I'm sorted emotionally and feel strong enough I'll give you a shout! ;o)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Someone has to address the balance of negativity that has been around the club and CL, but its not just down to me, you can as well, if you want.

Nicely spun. If only I said that last season before he scored.......oh.....hang on I did.
    Yep Fox's display was one of the worst I had seen, I slaughtered him, has did many a poster on here, I have since gone on record as saying I was wrong because he is Championship standard, he wasn't then (when I made the comments) but he is now, he could have gone either way like so many of our players.

But what is endearing and touching is when someone remembers, or trawls back through posts to stuff that was written last season, in a way I find it friendly and comforting that fellow lifers remember, you gotta laugh, cheers AFKA. ;o)
    I remember that post well. Because it was a 0-0 draw. It was a silly thing to say then as well. A 0-0 draw for Christ's sake, with Danny Seasborne still fresh in the memory!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

...with a deserved and well enjoyed win over relegated Queens Park Rangers...

...The frustration of those affected by the chaos of the previous week was understandable, but for the majority whose tickets had arrived it was no more than the sound of distant thunder...

...The access system appeared to work pretty well, however, and the print-at-home option is likely to be a boon to both supporters and the club...

...The new sales stands are smart, though...

...Opening up the north stand lounge to all is sensible and likely to be popular...

...The new big screen looks sharp...

...everyone played their part in a thoroughly satisfactory start, including it must be said Luzon, who was warmly received by the crowd at the end...

...The team and management staff deserved the cheers...

So in amongst all Airman's apparent negativity and digs aimed at the club were the above comments and probably more others too but I got bored looking.

It seems to be another case of people's Confirmation Bias at work, with those with a perception of AB being bitter and negative about the club going looking for evidence to support their view but ignoring anything that doesn't.

Don't you start bringing sense into an argument.
    Unlikely to happen again, don't worry...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    An opinion from the soapbox ?

I've got a feeling that they might get things right on the pitch before they get things right off it ?
    In the ideal world the two would dovetail, but because KM/Roland prefer to do things there way, they don't seem to listen to the advise of people who were instrumental in saving this football club.(Richard Murray is the exception)
    That is their right, maybe there were too many voices, and the new broom syndrome kicked in.
    I like to tell Greenie that his views on Fox were harsh and i remember it well.
    At least you had the balls to admit last season you were wrong and i noticed your thoughts on young KAG have shown that you have turned over a new leaf regarding giving young players time.

As for The Fanzine, it's job is to probe away at the running of the club as well as the playing side. I will give my opinion on the latest issue on Tuesday night when i buy a copy. (make your own mind up)
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I remember that post well. Because it was a 0-0 draw. It was a silly thing to say then as well. A 0-0 draw for Christ's sake, with Danny Seasborne still fresh in the memory!
    Bloody hell, dragging back a comment from a year ago to make a point about, which I have already held my hands up to....when did me n you get married!
    Pretty sure it was AFKA who brought it up. But anyway, it just makes me chuckle, I'm not trying to make a point