Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Voice of The Valley

Comments

• PL54 said:

cabbles said:

I used to really enjoy Greenie's posts, but in the last month they appear to have developed an unpleasant edge. Chill out Greenie, don't go all PL54 onus.

@PL54 may be perceived as a 'troll' in some quarters but I like to think he's our troll and we love him
    I was just looking at the definition of Troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]"

Curb_It said:

What's afoot here? Addickted and H Irving agreeing with AB.
    I smell something fishy.

We don't troll like PL54 and Off-it......

- Sows discord

- Upsetting people

- Posting inflammatory

- Deliberate intent to provoke

I think we may have a Troll on our hands here.
    Too right! Someone should flag him...
  • Does Domonic still sell the VOTV?
  • I may have missed the announcement on here and i can't find nothing on the OS but when was Greenies law introduced stating no bad word could ever be said about the club?
  • edited August 2015

I may have missed the announcement on here and i can't find nothing on the OS but when was Greenies law introduced stating no bad word could ever be said about the club?

Thank you Jimmy Krankie, has that taken you all day? Blimey, another one who just wants to follow me, I really am lucky that all these wonderful people love to interact with and read my every word.
    My new book 'The Positive World According to Greenie (Volume 3)' is out next month, I'll sign one for all of you.
    Its OK don't thank me.
  • Sounds like a good name for a rival fanzine.
  • Greenie said:

I may have missed the announcement on here and i can't find nothing on the OS but when was Greenies law introduced stating no bad word could ever be said about the club?

Thank you Jimmy Krankie, has that taken you all day? Blimey, another one who just wants to follow me, I really am lucky that all these wonderful people love to interact with and read my every word.
    My new book 'The Positive World According to Greenie (Volume 3)' is out next month, I'll sign one for all of you.
    Its OK don't thank me.
    Are volumes 1 and 2 still in print?
  • bobmunro said:

Greenie said:

Its OK don't thank me.
    Are volumes 1 and 2 still in print?
    Alas no Bob, sold out, Afka bought them all up for Lifers Xmas pressies. He is a generous Mod.
  • edited August 2015
    Volume 1 contained a brutal critique of the talents of Morgan Fox and volume 2 redacted that critique into something far more positive. Now let's all be friends again - we won 2-0 on Saturday.
  • Greenie said:

Its OK don't thank me.
    Time to change your tampon Roland. You seen very precious on every thread if there is any slight negativity about the club.
    What does that actually mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Leaburns Daddy is suggesting that you are infact one of the luckiest men alive and as a man who has a winky and a fanny you can be a gigalo and a whore and not even need a partner as you could do it yourself

And that your Belgian and rich

The more I think about being on the good vs evil side the more I like it,

In the words of the lyrical genius Mike skinner

"JUST TRY TO STAY POSITIVE "

Dint let the darkness in mate keep the light, and you really should change what LD said when it starts to stink
  • Thanks NLA for filling her in ;)
  • Thanks NLA for filling her in ;)

Thanks for your help NLA I guess LD now understands what he wrote, a lot of children say words that they don't understand. ;o)
  • My season ticket didn't arrive before Sat so I got down to the ground early and got it re-issued, no big deal, there are far greater things in life to get worked up about. I'm not expecting KM to come out and apologise again - why should she...?

I've just reads AB's updated article, (note I read it before reading all the subsequent posts) - my initial reaction was that it came across very and unnecessarily negative. I have know axe to grind with anyone that was simply my personal take on it...
  • Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I've added a little post-match ramble around the events of yesterday at www.votvonline.com.

It comes over as yet another bitter attack on the club. Terrible piece.
    Move On as they say......
    Fair enough if you think it is but I think Airman says it how he sees it and refuses to dress it up in roses and pretend things that are completely shit aren't shit
    Oh I'm all for a balanced honest piece of journalism, but that wasn't. It came over as do a lot of AB's comments as yet another bitter dig at his previous employers (the reality may be different, but thats how it comes across). Yes they buggered up the new season tickets for a minority of people, and put in contingency plans that worked for the majority of inconvienced fans that didn't get their STs.

But this sums it up for me as a microcosm of ABs thought about the club.

Then there was the football - never an afterthought but only ever reached at Charlton upon navigation of numerous obstacles and diversions.

Really? another sly dig?

But it was an afterthought in the article, it was over halfway down, if the football was that important to AB it would have been paramount in the hierarchy of the article, it wasn't, his digs at the club were......!

I'm just pleased we won, god knows what would have been written.
    It's endemic
    Greenie said:

I used to really enjoy Greenie's posts, but in the last month they appear to have developed an unpleasant edge. Chill out Greenie, don't go all PL54 onus.

Excellent, so I defend the club against some of the negative types, and criticise an article in an Independent Rag and I'm 'unpleasant'.
    Unlucky, the club deserve better than some of our support.
    Also mentioning another poster negatively will probably inflame a debate, just so you know.
    There's a difference between defending the club and slagging off someone else for having an opinion. I can't see anywhere where you offer a rational response that defends the club on any of the issues that AB raises .
  • Give Greenie a weekly column in the VOTV.
  • Give Greenie a weekly column in the VOTV.

Good idea, it could be called Postively Green
  • "Green Shoots"
  • winky and a fanny

:smile:

Teacher will send you to the back of the class if she hears you and you wont be milk monitor anymore.

• Sponsored links:

• "Just be good to Green"

"Positively North Stand"

"Greenie's Fifth Column"
  • Greenies Grumbles.
  • wmcf123 said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I've added a little post-match ramble around the events of yesterday at www.votvonline.com.

It comes over as yet another bitter attack on the club. Terrible piece.
    Move On as they say......
    Fair enough if you think it is but I think Airman says it how he sees it and refuses to dress it up in roses and pretend things that are completely shit aren't shit
    Oh I'm all for a balanced honest piece of journalism, but that wasn't. It came over as do a lot of AB's comments as yet another bitter dig at his previous employers (the reality may be different, but thats how it comes across). Yes they buggered up the new season tickets for a minority of people, and put in contingency plans that worked for the majority of inconvienced fans that didn't get their STs.

But this sums it up for me as a microcosm of ABs thought about the club.

Then there was the football - never an afterthought but only ever reached at Charlton upon navigation of numerous obstacles and diversions.

Really? another sly dig?

But it was an afterthought in the article, it was over halfway down, if the football was that important to AB it would have been paramount in the hierarchy of the article, it wasn't, his digs at the club were......!

I'm just pleased we won, god knows what would have been written.
    It's endemic
    Greenie said:

Excellent, so I defend the club against some of the negative types, and criticise an article in an Independent Rag and I'm 'unpleasant'.
    Unlucky, the club deserve better than some of our support.
    Also mentioning another poster negatively will probably inflame a debate, just so you know.
    There's a difference between defending the club and slagging off someone else for having an opinion. I can't see anywhere where you offer a rational response that defends the club on any of the issues that AB raises .
    Then you have missed the point completely.
  • It's not easy being Green
  • Greenie vs the meanie

The enforcer of positive public opinion vs the keeper of doom and gloom

You could both have costumes good vs evil
  • I might even consider buying one then
  • Greenie snot happy