Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley

Comments

• Options

I am worried that there's no sign of Greenie, you bullies hope your proud of yourselves

I think some of the potential names for my page in VOTV are great, I can feel the love coming from you all.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Just finished reading the latest issue, really enjoyed it, i thought it was positive, think certain people confuse some or any criticism, as full criticism, perhaps a bit of bias reading on their part due to a personal issue they have with the Editor.

As far as i can remember only one contributor to VOTV has openly stated his complete opposition to Charlton being a part of a European network, so i don't accept the notion that the fanzine is anti the current ownership just because it does not fail to forget the many mistakes the current ownership has made whilst still praising the good things they have achieved too.

Anyway back to this issue, one of my favourites, especially the Curbs interview and i did have a smile when i noticed the cover price, already looking forward to the next issue.

• Options
    Greenie is back Greenie is back ay oh ay oh
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Greenie is back Greenie is back ay oh ay oh

Get a room.
  • Options

Just finished reading the latest issue, really enjoyed it, i thought it was positive, think certain people confuse some or any criticism, as full criticism, perhaps a bit of bias reading on their part due to a personal issue they have with the Editor.

As far as i can remember only one contributor to VOTV has openly stated his complete opposition to Charlton being a part of a European network, so i don't accept the notion that the fanzine is anti the current ownership just because it does not fail to forget the many mistakes the current ownership has made whilst still praising the good things they have achieved too.

Anyway back to this issue, one of my favourites, especially the Curbs interview and i did have a smile when i noticed the cover price, already looking forward to the next issue.

Did not notice the price at first, just looked at my copy & laughed.
  • Options
    Lol just noticed that
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Just had a chance to read it.

Very good and enjoyed the interview with Curbs.

Great picture in the middle from the Tunisia tour - nice to see myself in there with some old Cherry Orchard Estate mates, plus a few Middle Parkers including Jimmy Jarrett, Dave Cox and Dick Healing.

Rick, I've got a couple more photos of Charlton fans on the terraces at the games if you are interested.

If he's not the museum is?
  • Options
    Just finished it off, great read.
  • Options
    An excellent Voice, nice range of topics. My personal favourite is Matt Wright's trip to the US game.

But when it comes to Curbs I had this same sense of disappointment that I got when reading his autobio. Somehow he manages to avoid giving any real insights, when he touches on topics that must be potentially full of them. I guess its just the way Curbs is. I don't think any less of the man, but I don't feel I learnt much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

Great picture in the middle from the Tunisia tour - nice to see myself in there with some old Cherry Orchard Estate mates, plus a few Middle Parkers including Jimmy Jarrett, Dave Cox and Dick Healing.

Rick, I've got a couple more photos of Charlton fans on the terraces at the games if you are interested.

Keeping the originals but can let you have scans if you want?
  • Options
    I always thought a fanzine was meant to be more critical of the club as a ripost to the clubs own programme for instance where you would never find self criticism. As others have posted, plenty of praise for the club in the articles too.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Keeping the originals but can let you have scans if you want?
    Perfect. cafchistorian@gmail.com
  • Options

An excellent Voice, nice range of topics. My personal favourite is Matt Wright's trip to the US game.

But when it comes to Curbs I had this same sense of disappointment that I got when reading his autobio. Somehow he manages to avoid giving any real insights, when he touches on topics that must be potentially full of them. I guess its just the way Curbs is. I don't think any less of the man, but I don't feel I learnt much.

A bit like Lennie's I suppose!
  • Options

I said exactly the same re Curbs interview to Mr W yesterday. But then I think it is just him...he guards his own privacy but also respects the privacy of others. Never one to dish the dirt.

• Options
    I think there are some things in there that Prague may well feel he "knows" but Curbs has never said himself publicly before. Plenty to read between the lines as Len says.
  • Options
    I thought it was a very good article with Curbs.
    Not having read his book i found the words he used about Richard Murray and the relationship between then Fascinating, and the way Dowie and Pardew seemed to get Money from Murray, where Alan didn't like to push the Chairman too far.

My old Mum said to me recently,
    "Is that nice Alan Curbishley still on Gardening Leave from West Ham"

"if he is Mum, he could teach Monty Don or Alan Titchmarsh a thing or Two"

Alan quite rightly fought his 14 month battle and won but the words

"Once i got that cleared up, i was and have been offered a few jobs, but i felt with my record i could afford to be a bit picky, so i turned a few down, and was waiting for the right opportunity."

This could turn out to be famous last words.

Having the England job interview can be the kiss of death ?
    Or Being Nominated for it by the Press like fellow Eastender Harry Boy.

7 years and counting for Alan, but seems to like his new life style more than the 24/7 pressure cooker of being a manager.

• Options
    http://www.votvonline.com/

Slagging off older fans now. Disgusting negativity :- )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.votvonline.com/

Slagging off older fans now. Disgusting negativity :- )

To be fair, I didn't name you ... ;-)
    Touché ; - )
  • Options
    Got mine in Oz last Friday. Really enjoyed the Curbs article. Bits in there I didn't like so much but I enjoyed the majority of it. Can't please all the people all the time.........
  • Options
    Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 6m6 minutes ago
    Pleased to have Kevin Nolan back in the line-up for #Cafc fanzine Voice of The Valley this weekend.

Can't wait to read Greenie's "How Green is my Valley" column

• Options
    No commercial gain / profit making adverts here please.

Thanks

ADMIN

• Options
    PL54 said:

No commercial gain / profit making adverts here please.

Thanks

ADMIN

Idea's above your station PL?
  • Options
    Managed to get the UK subscriber copies in the last post tonight, so hopefully some people will get theirs in the morning.
  • Options

Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 6m6 minutes ago
    Pleased to have Kevin Nolan back in the line-up for #Cafc fanzine Voice of The Valley this weekend.

Can't wait to read Greenie's "How Green is my Valley" column

Well he's only training with Orient at the moment, so plenty of time to write a few words.

I just wish Charlton would pay Rick's team to sell the matchday programme, as that way I might actually be able to buy one!
  • Options
    thank you Rick, I received the new VoTV by mail this morning, seems you have a better understanding of Royal Mail than the Club.
  • Options
    Some good stuff in the latest edition
  • Options
    Some new ramblings on the last two games to supplement Saturday's latest issue.