Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley

Comments

• Options

Managed to get the UK subscriber copies in the last post tonight, so hopefully some people will get theirs in the morning.

Ah great news - I guess there'll be one winging its way over the Ocean to good old Alberta soon. How many Canadian/US subscribers do you have Rick?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Managed to get the UK subscriber copies in the last post tonight, so hopefully some people will get theirs in the morning.

Ah great news - I guess there'll be one winging its way over the Ocean to good old Alberta soon. How many Canadian/US subscribers do you have Rick?
    There are about a dozen overseas subscribers at present plus a few more people abroad who buy issue by issue - the majority are in Australia, however.

I don't remember clearly but I think this is about the same as it was in the 1980s/90s, although the Internet, PayPal and DIY postage labels make it a lot easier to organise now.
  • Options
    Airman was there information about attendaces?.
  • Options
    Did my article on Rugby get into this issue?
  • Options
    Not for profit
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Not for profit

??? It's a fanzine which you can buy or not, what's the problem?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

PL54 said:

Not for profit

??? It's a fanzine which you can buy or not, what's the problem?
    You can buy cottage rentals or not too
  • Options
    Did someone mention cottaging?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I heard it's an industry now ?
    should be kept in the home .

• Options
    without fanzines, would there be forums?
  • Options
    Not got through it all yet but a good read, as ever. An informative update on the Sparrows Lane planning application and I also enjoyed Airman's article on the Paul Walsh autobiography.
  • Options
    Great read - 10 times better than the official prgogramme
  • Options
    wot programme?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Looks to be a very interesting issue - I've sorted out a subscription which was really easy....kicking myself for not doing it sooner!

yes, looks good. Subscription is definitely best way to get VOTV.
    I've nothing against subscriptions but I like the personal experience of buying my one from Rick on match day.
  • Options

I've nothing against subscriptions but I like the personal experience of buying my one from Rick on match day.

Stalker !

:smile:

• Options

Stalker !

:smile:

I didn't know you were into Russian art films, Fanny.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Not for profit

I understand how you come to the conclusion that this is advertising for profit, and I also understand that this forum doesn't, necessarily, like that.

However, for many that come on here it is very useful public information. As the Voice isn't published on any given schedule and there isn't always a new one at a home game it is useful for someone (the Editor being ideal) to let us know when to look out for it.

I know it is a fine line, but it's hardly as though he's advertising his 'decorating' business is it? He's notifying many of those that would want to buy his fanzine when and where it will be available.
    In my view this is no different from news hopper posting links to articles on here... It increases readership which will push up their advertising revenue..

I have no problem with either as fans want to see both...
    Except the News Hopper is free. Yes, they will no doubt get some money via their own advertisers for click-throughs and the like, but it's not the same as advertising something you have to buy.

You either allow advertising or you don't. Personally I've no problem either way, as long as it's clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That was me, and it's dogging ffs ;)

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Oi !

Get back to rubbing that Factor 30 into your lovely wife's body !!!

:wink:

• Options
    Oh behave. How the fuck am I trying to deny anybody anything? I don't know (or care) who puts up links - doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just think it needs to be a consistent approach. Links/promotions are either allowed or they're not. That's all.

• Options

T.C.E said:

Oi !

It's night time here and I'm giving the mini bar a bloody good hiding. ;) x
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I happened across this old thread the other day when I was researching an article in the current issue:
    Huddersfield 2012

Now I know that the turnstile count was 15,034 (13,985 Charlton) - and there were 10,034 Charlton for the previous Cardiff game - because the paperwork has since been leaked, but inevitably you got the same people banging on back then ...
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Oi !

It's night time here and I'm giving the mini bar a bloody good hiding. ;) x
    I hope your missus doesn't catch you.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh behave. How the fuck am I trying to deny anybody anything? I don't know (or care) who puts up links - doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just think it needs to be a consistent approach. Links/promotions are either allowed or they're not. That's all.

I'd have said the principle should be very straightforward. If it's CAFC related then links/promotions are allowed, and if it's not they're not. So the Voice, articles in the Newshopper, Bromley Addicks meetings, fundraisers for the Upbeats etc, all fine. Henry's couture knitwear sideline, Curb_It's headlock for hire, my bespoke chocolate making? * Nope.

* All examples are entirely theoretical as far as I know.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    http://www.votvonline.com/ *edited* for correct link

New one out tomorrow
  • Options
    I think you've got the wrong link Henry.