Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• It's around 3m and a loan back ..
  • Think Uncle Roland is a total different kettle of fish. He's a bad arse buisnessman and I suspect he will not sell his treasure cheaply.

But if he has to, I hope the angst sickly feeling at the bottom of the stomach when ever we get ripped off by the big boys (or even smaller boys...) is not there this time.

The same Roland that gave Morrison to Birmingham.
    People like to blame RD for a lot of things but I'm 99% sure that was Peeters decision.
    To let him go yes but the transfer fee wouldn't have been.

Think Uncle Roland is a total different kettle of fish. He's a bad arse buisnessman and I suspect he will not sell his treasure cheaply.

But if he has to, I hope the angst sickly feeling at the bottom of the stomach when ever we get ripped off by the big boys (or even smaller boys...) is not there this time.

People like to blame RD for a lot of things but I'm 99% sure that was Peeters decision.
    To move him on yes, but the fee?
    Ok but If it meant getting him off the wage bill quick and Birmingham the only side interested then it's not the worst decision in the world.

Would be disappointed with that.

I am not doubting you but how do you know that? If it is 3M that is way under what he should be going for, even with a loan back.
  • edited June 2015

It's around 3m and a loan back ..

Heard it's a bit more
    + add ons ie England , champions league etc
  • I know someone whose good mate is pretty high up at Liverpool... Have just text him see if he can get any more info.
  • edited June 2015

Think Uncle Roland is a total different kettle of fish. He's a bad arse buisnessman and I suspect he will not sell his treasure cheaply.

To let him go yes but the transfer fee wouldn't have been.

To move him on yes, but the fee?
    Ok but If it meant getting him off the wage bill quick and Birmingham the only side interested then it's not the worst decision in the world.
    I agree, far from the worst decision in the world but not up there with one of the best either so not real evidence of RD being a great wheeler, dealer in the transfer market.

Personally I don't think RD is directly to blame for the bizarre deals done. That I lay squarely on the shoulder of Karel Fraeye but RD employs him.

Also I think it is easy to say "Gomez is worth £5m or £10m" on here but if that is not what is being offered by Liverpool or anyone then he's not worth that much.

I would hate to see him go for £3m but if that is the best they can do maybe it was the best they can do. I'm more worried about how Fraeye will be allowed to spend it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry 3m is peanuts..we need cold hard cash not bloody add-ons,this had better be a load of bollocks.
  • If it happens it will be undisclosed and will promote frantic discussions about how much it really is.
  • 3 million seems cheap but depends on how well the add on fees mount up. Joe is far to young to make a breakthrough there so if Liverpool are paying his wages for a loan back for one even two seasons then the deal starts to look different. Let's wait and see although I doubt we ever find out the real figures involved.
  • Genuinely reckon you could double/near on treble that fee with a solid cemented season for us, him playing for us on loan after signing for Liv circa 3M he'd have probably doubled in value before he's even set foot at Anfield. Would be very shrewd business if LFC manage it, and pretty poor from RD cashing in his chips this early if so.

Maybe he's put in a transfer request and said he wants to move. All well and good saying he'll be worth much more next year, but if the player wants to go there isn't much you can do.
  • Crikey being a Charlton supporter is hard a lot of the time, in the Summer it is usually worse than ever. RM and RD both said we have in the past sold off our youngsters too early and too cheaply. Enjoy the sun and wait until real news breaks......as someone on here loves to say "I will believe it when it is on the OS."
  • Too many fishermen on this thread for my liking.
  • edited June 2015

Genuinely reckon you could double/near on treble that fee with a solid cemented season for us, him playing for us on loan after signing for Liv circa 3M he'd have probably doubled in value before he's even set foot at Anfield. Would be very shrewd business if LFC manage it, and pretty poor from RD cashing in his chips this early if so.

Maybe he's put in a transfer request and said he wants to move. All well and good saying he'll be worth much more next year, but if the player wants to go there isn't much you can do.
    And loan back to us next season? That's a strange transfer request if the rumour is to be believed. JG would stay here this season if he's not forced out the front door, couldn't guarantee much more/longer than that in modern day football.

Also there is more you can do, if the 3m figure is to be believed, give or take add-ons, for an 18 year old versatible English CB of his calibre, even now you're not being far fetched sticking a 5M tag, not far fetched at all. To put that in perspective, that's less than 35 weeks of James Milners perspective wages at LFC to sign him. Buying a gold bar for chocolate coins in comparison value 3M for JG would be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone fire up FM and get his stats
  • sammy391 said:

@transf_min: O defesa central alemão, Patrick Bauer, está de saída do Marítimo e muito perto de assinar pelo Charlton Athletic. http://t.co/0wELieD8cv

@(null): The German central defence, Jack Bauer, is leaving the sea and very close to signing for Charlton Athletic.

http://www.madeirafutebol.com/alemao-patrick-bauer-a-caminho-do-charlton/

I give this rumour 24 hours.
    too late : - )
  • sammy391 said:

@transf_min: O defesa central alemão, Patrick Bauer, está de saída do Marítimo e muito perto de assinar pelo Charlton Athletic. http://t.co/0wELieD8cv

@(null): The German central defence, Jack Bauer, is leaving the sea and very close to signing for Charlton Athletic.

Arse. :smile:
  • sammy391 said:

Arse. :smile:
    You got all the LOLs though ; - )
  • sammy391 said:

@(null): The German central defence, Patrick Bauer, is leaving the sea and very close to signing for Charlton Athletic.

He'd best get his skates on before we change our mind.
  • Wants to swap Madeira for South East London? Must be mental, but wouldnt he be the first (?) German Charlton player
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!