Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• 7m would be lovely. can't see it happening though. 3m with add-ons I think will be more likely. would prefer him to stay though. He is a real talent and I think another season in Championship will make him even better. But money talks.
  • WSS said:

17th June 2015 at 14:00 on OS: Joe Gomez moves to Liverpool to Liverpool for an undisclosed fee after youngster not guaranteed first team action at Charlton

17th June 2015 at 14:02 on OS:Charlton sign highly rated German international centre back in "Everything's OK" shocker

Spot on...except the club will fail to mention we already needed at least one centre half with or without Gomez.
  • I think a lot of people are forgetting to factor in what Joe Gomez wants. If he gets an approach from one of the clubs we are seeing being interested then he would quite frankly be daft not to make the move. Yes he's under contract but we know from painful experience that once a player has his head turned then you might as well wave goodbye.

He probably would benefit from another season with us but he can probably get that built into any deal. Right now he would be swallowed up by any of those clubs development squads.

If he wants to progress and it's certain he does then he should go to Arsenal given the option. Get a loan back to Charlton for at least a season. Take the money. Work hard and he has a fantastic future.

We just need to get best value out of any deal for Charlton.

• I wouldn't like to see gomez leave but if he does I think we will get a very very good amount for him. What worries Me is if gomez does leave, who will be the next young up and coming star to arrive in the first team?

I'd like to think Josh Umerah will be given a chance in the next year or so, and Karlan can only get better, we have quite a few academy products in the England youth teams, therefore I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few players come through, RD knew the situation with our academy as we have one of the best in the country, I'll happily see Gomez leave if it means bulking up our budget meaning we can mount a proper challenge next season
  • Would prefer to keep him but if he's sold then a loan back is a good thing.

But be prepared because as soon as we lose or he has a less than brilliant game it will be "his head been turned by the money" "thinks he's a big time charlie" "doesn't care about Charlton" "not putting the effort in cos he thinks he's made it" "he was never that good anyway".
  • At the end of the day it doesn't matter if get 1 million or 20 million, RD will likely not invest it back into the squad

How do you know?
  • Greenie said:

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if get 1 million or 20 million, RD will likely not invest it back into the squad

How do you know?
    I assume it's an educated guess based on Duchatelet's record at Standard Liege. Having said that, he will spend the money where appropriate as we saw with Igor. This squads needs investment if we're going to compete.
  • 7m upfront + addons as reported above would be a great deal for Charlton. Be mad to turn that down.

Not sure I'm fussed about a loan back, would say his value comes from his potential rather than being a reliable champ CB at this stage. Could probably bring in better using that cash. Maybe a Pool youngster on loan (like Ibe last year)?

We'll never get 10m+ for him unless we're prem, so best put that out of your mind. Zaha was 10m with over 100 games as a forward (generally more expensive).
  • Addicted said:

7m upfront + addons as reported above would be a great deal for Charlton. Be mad to turn that down.

Not sure I'm fussed about a loan back, would say his value comes from his potential rather than being a reliable champ CB at this stage. Could probably bring in better using that cash. Maybe a Pool youngster on loan (like Ibe last year)?

We'll never get 10m+ for him unless we're prem, so best put that out of your mind. Zaha was 10m with over 100 games as a forward (generally more expensive).

perhaps we could have Nathan Ecclescake back ?

• Sponsored links:

• Reading that article it says we are looking for 7m after add ons
    Arsenal and Aston Villa are also keen on Gomez, 18, who appears certain to leave Charlton this summer with the Championship club looking for a transfer fee of £7m after various add-ons.

• edited June 2015
    He's going back out on loan but not to us I'm afraid
  • Also it's nowhere near 7m
  • I agree with those talking up joe's value to a point, but as some others have eluded to, I want Roland/ charlton to hammer as much out of any prem clubs interested not because I belive he's worth it or because he's already a world beater after 3/4 of a champ season (which he might be one day) but because this game is now about ripping the proverbial backside when teams who are receiving bumper tv cash come knocking. It's sad but true. Especially when we (allegedly) have a few clubs interested

Spill the beans then..so how badly have we been shafted?
  • Think it has already been mentioned but just checked and Joe has started following Liverpool's official twitter account if that means anything.
  • cant say .. but just wait for the deal to be confirmed.

Not going to say sorry, but once the deal confirmed you will see.

Will probably be undisclosed as our deals usually are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be undisclosed imo

Scoham said:

Also it's nowhere near 7m

Will probably be undisclosed as our deals usually are.
    This usually means we've been done up like a kipper..but as you say we'll have to wait and see,you never know we may be in for a nice surprise :smile:
  • all I can say is to tell him to sign for W Ham & then he can sit next to Poyet on the subs bench.
  • I will be surprised if the price for Gomez is more than £3m, and that will probably be £1m plus the rest over the length of his contract with his new club. Any add-ons will be small, playing for full England team (not for a few years), about £500,000, nothing for appearances and if Liverpool, probably will not play in Europe. By the time any money is due it will probably been spent, not necessary on Charlton. Sorry if seems doom and gloom, but being realistic.
  • ross1 said:

I will be surprised if the price for Gomez is more than £3m, and that will probably be £1m plus the rest over the length of his contract with his new club. Any add-ons will be small, playing for full England team (not for a few years), about £500,000, nothing for appearances and if Liverpool, probably will not play in Europe. By the time any money is due it will probably been spent, not necessary on Charlton. Sorry if seems doom and gloom, but being realistic.

If that is the case then I can see the servers on this site going pop.
  • We appeared to have signed a 15 year old goalkeeper:

http://www.ecujoondalup.com.au/news/2015/ecu-youngster-moves-to-charlton-athletic/

Who cares about Gomez now?!?!?!
  • I reckon 4-5 million up front - sell on 25% - England cap £1m - 30 appearances £500k, 100 appearances an additional £500k. The big thing is the sell on - if a player leaves without a fee you lose out, but if he becomes a top player, we could get 25% of a £20m fee (£5m). I wouldn't let him go for anything less than above.
  • If you buy the mercedes, will you let the garage borrow it back off you for the first year please
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!